Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Hideous Front Plates!  (Read 8153 times)

Offline critter

• Master Tech
  • Married, 4 grandkids
Re: Hideous Front Plates!
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2013, 01:07:43 PM »
I have never mounted the front plate in Illinois. I keep it in the trunk in case I am stopped but never have been. I was stopped by a local cop once just to ask what it was and to take a peek but even then nothing about a front plate. I think there is a realization that there is difficulty with a mount for it. Don't know but like ihawk I have not had a problem - touch wood...
I always wanted to be somebody when I grew up - I realize now that I should have been more specific!!

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2013, 02:08:30 PM »
I had one Wenona, IL fill in cop yell at me while I was on the front porch of a friend's house. No warning so I ignored him seeing as how the other cop always talked to me about the car.
I had another new, young Minonk, IL cop warn me once. I zip tied the plate for awhile and took it off for shows. He disappeared and I stopped zip tying it on.
The youngster was handing out tickets for not stopping down our alley. He didn't last very long in town. :)
I do carry it with me just in case.
I have gotten one speeding ticket in Illinois and the trooper never said a word about not having a front plate.
Like I said, no ticket, no problem!
2 years in Cleveland and no trouble either.

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2013, 05:57:46 PM »
I went close to four years without one.  Was warned on base about it several times.  After one MP warned me and said this is the third time he had warned me, I took the hint and put it on
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Morfious

• SMMM 7 Cup Stacking Champion
  • Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
  • Tryin' to keep the rubber side down since age 2
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2013, 10:06:02 PM »
Easy solution.

Move to PA
 :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's what I did.  Works like a charm!  The 3 years I had the car in Jersey I was never stopped for lack of a front plate.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 10:10:46 PM by Morfious »
Mean GXP Delivered 1/30/2007 $MSRP +$2K
Mods:
Pioneer AVIC D3 Nav System
Solo-Performance Street Race exhaust
Debadged
JPM interior (Doors, steering wheel, shifter, console now with 100% more Chuck Norris)
Custom dash and Flush mounted Valentine 1 Radar Detector
O.Z. Ultraleggera wheels with Dunlop DZ101
DDM Works (Big Brake Kit, backbone, intercooler, valve and coil cover)
GXP ZOK Rear sway bar

Offline SHiNY

• Faster than Slowest Romanian
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Every Cloud has a Silver Lining
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2014, 06:10:40 AM »
I got reprimanded at a toll booth for not having a front plate. For some reason I sensed that was going to happen and had a flip plate installed a few weeks earlier. Luckily it had just flipped down so no ticket. Just a stern talking to letting me know what the laws are. (Reed went through before me, no one stopped him!)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk