Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: 07 Solstice GXP Bosch ECM  (Read 2984 times)

Offline tazz

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
07 Solstice GXP Bosch ECM
« on: December 10, 2013, 11:07:00 PM »
Does anyone know if its true that the Bosch ECM for an 07 Solstice GXP is really Back Ordered????
My ECM is corrupt or something and my Dealer is saying the ECM is Back Ordered.

Offline Wartie

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Re: 07 Solstice GXP Bosch ECM
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 11:13:19 PM »
I do not have an answer to that question but this may be an option. I do not know if it is still available.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f30/fs-tuned-ecm-2007-gxp-78450/  If you don't hear from him I can call him!!!

Offline tazz

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 11:19:30 PM »
The dealer is needing one to replace under warranty.
Thanks Wartie :-)

Offline U4EA

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 05:46:08 PM »
I've got one for 07 GXP Auto with GMPP/Trifecta Tune if you have no other choice.
2007 Mysterious GXP Hard Loaded (all factory options avail. in 2007)
Trifecta Tune, GMPP Tune, GMPP CAI, Gm splash guards, Magnaflow 3" catback, DDM Race Backbone, "A" pillar gauge pod, Kapparoo pouch, Lil' Chromies, Gorgeous mirror, JPM center console & center grab handle, Windrestrictor V2 etched & lighted, Carolina Custom Upholstery door pockets, Kappakrap T2 decals, Custom front license plate relocation, Latin Venom Cooler, Fitted luggage, MBRP intercooler pipes, heat shield.

Offline tazz

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 12:42:19 AM »
Those of us that have an 07 GXP that take the Bosch E69 ECM.  There are NO more NEW Bosch E69 Service # 12605038 From GM or ANY OF THERE DISTRIBUTORS IN THE US.  Other vehicles USE the E69 Bosch ECM but the ones for the 07 GXP's look to be History.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 12:53:54 AM by tazz »

Offline tazz

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 12:45:16 AM »
GM does have a couple of places that REFURBISH electroinc parts and they do REFURBISH ECM's but as far as NEW Virgin E69 ECM's with the service # 12605038 there are no more NEW ones to be Found in the US through GM or there Distributors.  No Known plans for any more to be produced.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 12:50:59 AM by tazz »

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 05:35:39 PM »
That is why I have a spare.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline kwtoxman

• Master Tech
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 08:14:07 PM »
Interesting. I bought an ECM years ago for future modding the 07 GXP. Just checked. It's an E69. Manual. Nice to know.
:ca2:

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 08:25:58 PM »
Interesting. I bought an ECM years ago for future modding the 07 GXP. Just checked. It's an E69. Manual. Nice to know.

For 2007 the ECM is the same in an auto and a manual. Just needs to be programmed for that model. I've been there. Bought one out of a manual and had it tuned for my car. Works perfect.
Make the right choices now