Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Car Show with my car  (Read 1429 times)

Offline Graywolf

• Master Tech
Car Show with my car
« on: December 27, 2013, 06:44:25 PM »
 Its been a long time since I have been on the forum, Last week I was asked to put my car in the Quad City Hot Rod and Custom Car  show at the convention center @ the end of January. I am pretty excited about doing this event.  My baby looks great since I added Norms side vented fenders, side skirts and racing rear bumper/fascia diffuser with custom exhaust, I also did some  mods on my Extreme Dimension front for better air flow to the intercooler and fabricated 4 inch brake ducts for the fronts for better cooling .  The quality of Norms stuff fit great, the Extreme Dimension front was a big struggle and flimsy, in fact I have some stress cracks to fix after the car show Will take some pics  and post them sometime soon
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 12:36:24 PM by DeepBlueGXP, Reason: removed spaces after text »
Bates cylinder sleeves/oil pump,Carillo Rods,Wiseco pistons,Ferrea valves/springs,CNC Race Ported head,Neutral balance shafts,CustomATI Damper,ZOK suspension,Custom Roll Bar and Wind Splitter by Chassis Concepts,6 pt Schroth harness,Extreme Dimension nose,Fidenza Flywheel/Spec3+ clutch,OZ ultrleggra wheels,Hoosier A6/R6 tires,Norms Fiberglass side vented fedders,side skirts and rear race bumper/fascia

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
Re: Car Show with my car
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 07:13:37 PM »
How is your car running?  Do any racing?
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 07:55:11 PM »
Enjoy the show. Pics?
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline normsf

• Vendor
  • Master Tech
  • Norms Fiberglass
    • Norms Fiberglass
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 04:13:17 PM »
Hello and thankyou for the nice compliment, would like to see some pics also. Thanks again Norm

Offline Graywolf

• Master Tech
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 10:02:16 PM »
Norm your stuff was great , great quality  Good fit Thank U  In regards to racing, Memorial day ,car ran great during practice, engine ran cooler than before with addition of Norms side vents allowing better air flow ,brakes ran cooler with new 4" vents.
1st run lost power in turbocharger ,  could not find the cause until days later-loose wire  I did not race the rest of the year secondary to 2 neck surgeries.  May not be able to race in the future but have not given up
Bates cylinder sleeves/oil pump,Carillo Rods,Wiseco pistons,Ferrea valves/springs,CNC Race Ported head,Neutral balance shafts,CustomATI Damper,ZOK suspension,Custom Roll Bar and Wind Splitter by Chassis Concepts,6 pt Schroth harness,Extreme Dimension nose,Fidenza Flywheel/Spec3+ clutch,OZ ultrleggra wheels,Hoosier A6/R6 tires,Norms Fiberglass side vented fedders,side skirts and rear race bumper/fascia

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 10:18:17 PM »
Okay, I hate to do this but...

:ttiwwp:

:lol:
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 12:34:11 AM »
Well he did say " I was asked to put my car in the Quad City Hot Rod and Custom Car  show at the convention center @ the end of January "

So we just might have to wait till his Car is at the Show . Maybe he can't take any till then .   :lol:    :gaah:
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass