Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: 2014 Pocono Raceway Registration is OPEN!  (Read 4180 times)

Offline solli

• Master Tech
    • 2008 Solstice Gals
2014 Pocono Raceway Registration is OPEN!
« on: January 02, 2014, 08:43:36 AM »
NASSM 2014 is pleased to offer an All-day High Performance Driving Experience (HPDE) on Friday, June 20th, 2014 at the East Course (Option 2) of the legendary Pocono International Raceway.

This is not a competitive event, but it will give you an opportunity to explore your KAPPAS and your capabilities at speed in a relatively safe environment. Passing will occur only on straightaways and with the permission of the driver being passed. The cost to attend is $250.00 based on 40 cars participating. Participants will get 150 minutes (2.5 hours) on the track, in a group of drivers close to your comfort level of speed. Lunch will be provided.

There will be three run groups which will be determined by past road course experience: Novice, Intermediate, Advanced. Novice and Intermediate drivers will be given a classroom session and a lead-follow session on the track to learn the course. Your car will be given a tech inspection at the hotel prior to track day. Roll bars or cages are not required. Passengers are not allowed in a participant's car.

Before getting on the track you will need to show proof of at least $10,000 of A.D. & D. insurance. Liability insurance is included. Your car will be safety inspected and you will need to have or can share, a Snell SA2005 (Expires 1/1/2017) or a Snell SA2010 (Expires 1/1/2022) helmet. MOTORCYCLE helmets are OK!

Please take the time to read the information listed in the six pdf files. All the documents can be downloaded and printed at your convenience. You will need to register for this event and make your payment by MAY 31, 2014.

Thank you!

You can register and read the pdf's here:

http://66.132.1.89/raceway.asp
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 07:28:25 AM by solli »

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Re: 2014 Pocono Raceway Registration is OPEN!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 11:07:16 AM »
Yesssss!!!!!!

Offline reedred

• Turgid
  • Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 04:20:17 PM »
Time is running out for this to remain viable.  Get those registrations in folks!  Let's hit the track!

Offline solli

• Master Tech
    • 2008 Solstice Gals
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 10:26:50 AM »
UPDATE:

We are halfway to the finish line for Pocono Raceway Day. This event has been opened to Miata owners and other car clubs so that we could provide our KAPPA community with a great experience.

If you considered attending, please sign up soon.

Registration period will close FOR GOOD on MARCH 31st.

Your fellow KAPPA owners are COUNTNG on YOU to make this event happen!

Thank you!

Offline reedred

• Turgid
  • Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 08:04:04 PM »
From the BB:

Quote from: Rusty;1331129
Hey everyone.  We are now at 26 cars signed on and paid.  I've sent emails to all who originally voiced interest and some came aboard, but we are still way short of making us feel comfortable about going forward.  Your $250 pays for insurance, lunch, professional track flaggers, fire truck, EMS, an information and driving dynamics class, and (as previously stated) 2 1/2 hours of pushing your car as hard as you feel comfortable on one of the best infield road courses in the country.  This is not negotiating cones as quickly as you can in second gear; you've got the full width of the road to carve corners at the limit of adhesion if you want and a straight long enough to hit third gear!  We need everyone originally interested, and maybe some friends, to see the opportunity available here and get aboard.  PLEASE?

I'd like to throw in a pweeeze!!!  I wanna do this so bad!

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 08:51:14 PM »
I tried to help the number Reed!

Offline solli

• Master Tech
    • 2008 Solstice Gals
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 11:11:38 PM »
I'm pretty invested in this and I believe we can and should fund it from our account as long as we have those funds and everything else is covered. That's my thought on the matter.  :gaah:

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 03:42:06 AM »
From our account? Meaning those that don't want to do it have to pay for those that do? I hope I'm mistaken...
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 09:23:43 AM »
From our account? Meaning those that don't want to do it have to pay for those that do? I hope I'm mistaken...

We don't know what cash or donations 2014 has recieved.  For example, the local tourism board sometimes donates money to help fund these types of events.  We were lucky enough to get a little funding for 2010 from the Stark County board.  It wasn't much as I recall...maybe $500, but it did help fund deposits and payments when we didn't have cashflow early in the game.

And...I know I have sunk my own money into events I have helped organize.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 09:28:11 AM by ihawk95 »

Offline solli

• Master Tech
    • 2008 Solstice Gals
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 10:11:19 AM »
You really shouldn't subset a National. Maybe 3/4 of the attendees don't like the chosen charity and don't want to contribute to that particular charity or none at all. Maybe some people don't like car shows, and they don't want to contribute toward the awards. Maybe some people don't want to eat the buffet food or the finger foods and question why should they pay for it. All of the above ^ was brought to me. Seriously.

It can be rather short sighted when you start partitioning a National instead of viewing it as a large whole picture. Hope no one is offended, but that's my take on it. 

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 12:28:54 PM »
You go girl
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 03:41:02 PM »
Solli, you make a valid point, I'll shut up now...
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline solli

• Master Tech
    • 2008 Solstice Gals
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2014, 04:00:40 PM »
We got an uptick, we're at 31 legitimates!  :yay:

ALSO GOOD NEWS! Our insurance company stated that MOTORCYCLE HELMETS are a GO! If you have one, come join us!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 12:51:49 PM by solli »

Offline solli

• Master Tech
    • 2008 Solstice Gals
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2014, 04:21:06 PM »
Quote from: Rusty;1334594
:thumbs:M-RATED HELMETS ARE OK FOR POCONO RACEWAY!! 

Just got off the phone with insurance Co. and M-2000 or SA-2000 or newer hemets will be acceptable to run at Pocono.  So, those of you holding back because it was originally stated that only SA rated helmets were OK can now get in on the action.  We are only 8 cars short of meeting our participation minimum to move forward.  Let's see some more registrations/payments.:yesnod:

We're at 32! LET'S DO THIS!

Offline solli

• Master Tech
    • 2008 Solstice Gals
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2014, 07:29:11 AM »
The track day is a GO!