Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: GMPP Sensor O-Ring install question  (Read 7942 times)

Offline Johny125

• Tech
GMPP Sensor O-Ring install question
« on: January 06, 2014, 02:28:21 PM »
For those of you who have successfully attempted to replace the GMPP Turbo Upgrade new o-rings supplied with the new Bosch TMAP Sensors, how did you do it.  I lubricated both blue o-rings with motor oil prior to installing, however, broke both o-rings when trying to slip them in place with a hook tool.  Now I had to order 4 more o-rings and don't want to screw them up.  Thanks for the advise.

John

Offline JoshMcMadMac

• Master Tech
Re: GMPP Sensor O-Ring install question
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 02:31:18 PM »
They should just slip on the sensor with ease.  I probably still have a bag of them from when I did my install; if you need replacements let me know and I can send you a few.  Why do you need four o-rings?

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 02:34:20 PM »
 :agree:

John, you shouldn't have to install the o-rings with a hook tool. You should be able to start the o-rings over the sensors with your fingers and roll them into place down the stem of the sensor. You won't need to use the hook tool unless you have to remove the o-ring.

Four more just in case?   :D
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline JoshMcMadMac

• Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 02:38:10 PM »
I dug into my old posts, the o-ring should be the same as a McMaster part #9464K118:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#9464k118/

Offline Johny125

• Tech
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 03:12:31 PM »
Thanks for the info Josh,
I ordered 4 just in case I screw them up.  The price of the four is less than the shipping, so I figured what the heck.  I will try to install them as suggested.  Thanks to all for the info.

John
 :thumbs:

Offline bds

• Tech
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 01:32:45 PM »
They should just slip on the sensor with ease. . .

John, I did just as you - lubed up the sensors and the O-rings and one of mine broke as well. The replacement I ordered went on without a problem. There's really only one way to put the O-ring on. I think some must be more brittle than others. Good luck with the next ones.

Offline POS VETT

• Master Tech
  • AINT YRS
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 11:03:28 PM »
If you managed to screw them up, let me know. I have a bag of those.

Offline Johny125

• Tech
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 11:35:23 PM »
Josh and Pos Vette,

Thank you for offering to send me a few o-rings from your stash, and thanks to all for the advise.  Hopefully, I don't screw up the four new ones that set me back $25 with shipping.   :(  This forum is the BEST, very helpful folks.  Take care  :thumbs:

John