Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Anyone running 9" or 10" wide wheels in 18"diameter?  (Read 4040 times)

Offline rlhammon

• Master Tech
Anyone running 9" or 10" wide wheels in 18"diameter?
« on: January 19, 2014, 08:27:31 PM »
Trying to see what's out there in a slightly wider wheel.  I'm just not able to keep the tires from slipping on the street with all the power I'm putting down.  Looking to go a bit wider.

I run 11" for autocross (315 Hoosier A6's), and have spacers for everything... but was hoping someone has a 9" or 10" wheel they can't point me to (that is available today).  Looking to spend some tax return money on wheels and tires for the street.

Thanks!

Offline username

• Tech
Re: Anyone running 9" or 10" wide wheels in 18"diameter?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 03:01:03 AM »
Not much available off the shelf, but I like my CCWs and they make 'em quick.

Offline rlhammon

• Master Tech
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 12:11:42 PM »
Not much available off the shelf, but I like my CCWs and they make 'em quick.

Yes... I have a set of CCW's in 11" now, and a set of Forgestar in 11" as well (love them).  I could pull apart the CCW's and go with a new inner piece to make it more narrow... might have to look into that, but wanted to see what was available off the shelf incase they were cheaper / more stylish.  My CCW's are for autocross, and I like having two sets of wheels available for events.

Offline cbr6

• Tech
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 06:43:27 PM »
I believe I saw some OZ's on tire racks site before.

Offline CLH

• Premium Member
  • Tech
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 08:28:44 PM »
Yes... I have a set of CCW's in 11" now, and a set of Forgestar in 11" as well (love them).  I could pull apart the CCW's and go with a new inner piece to make it more narrow... might have to look into that, but wanted to see what was available off the shelf incase they were cheaper / more stylish.  My CCW's are for autocross, and I like having two sets of wheels available for events.
Out of curiousity...what offsets are you using on your CCWs and Forgestar 11" wheels? I'm working up to order a set of 18x11 Forgestars and am still trying to land on the right offset to shoot for. This is for ASP autocross use.

Thanks!

Chris

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 11:25:32 PM »
I have 18x9 OZ ultraleggera's for my rear rims

Offline blackbirdracing

• Master Tech
  • Kappa Newb
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 12:28:22 AM »
Pwerks just became a forgestar dealer.

They make nice wide wheels for our cars.

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 07:08:19 PM »
GXP-Coupe1 (on BB) is running 3 piece wheels.
Autoart 3 piece wheels
19x9.5
5:110
outer rim: 2.5
Inner rim: 7.0
+56 offset
65.1 set back

Nittos Invo, 275/35/ZR19 (rears), not sure what size tires are on the front.

Thread
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f42/new-rear-tires-my-girl-84025/

Video
#at=58

EFR start up vid
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 08:42:38 PM by ChopTop »

Offline rlhammon

• Master Tech
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 09:56:58 AM »
Out of curiousity...what offsets are you using on your CCWs and Forgestar 11" wheels? I'm working up to order a set of 18x11 Forgestars and am still trying to land on the right offset to shoot for. This is for ASP autocross use.

Thanks!

Chris

Apparently I'm not signed up to get updates when someone responds to my threads... sorry.  Here is what I ordered:

18x11 Forgestar CF5 Deep Concave 5x110 +50 ----- Fitment: 2007 Pontiac

I would be interested in selling mine if you still need a set.  I bought a set of CCW's I was lead to believe were a three piece set, which I planned to convert to 10" wide.  Unfortunately they are not 3 piece wheels, and I currently have two sets of 11" wide for ASP.  Seeing as I don't run Hoosier wets in that 315 size, I really only need one set.

I could sell either the CCW's or the Foregstars... wouldn't matter to me, but the information below is on my Forgestar.

18x11 Forgestar CF5 Deep Concave 5x110 +50 ----- Fitment: 2007 Pontiac

I run longer studs and a 1" spacer in the back for clearance.  Foregstar couldn't give me an offset that wouldn't require the spacer.  I went with a machined hub centric spacer, and not a generic sloppy fitting plate.

Offline rlhammon

• Master Tech
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 04:08:28 PM »
GXP-Coupe1 (on BB) is running 3 piece wheels.
Autoart 3 piece wheels
19x9.5

Thanks... I see yours are 19", and I'm looking for 18"... but their website lists their catalog.  Wish I had seen this response shortly after you posted as I would have done this already.

Did you go through a dealer here in the U.S. or deal directly with them in Hong Kong?