Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Almost ready for the new season...  (Read 2945 times)

Offline CLH

• Premium Member
  • Tech
Almost ready for the new season...
« on: March 23, 2014, 09:41:38 PM »
The suspension is back in and everything seems to be doing OK after a few check drives. I still need to wire in the trailer light pigtail and test the rewired lights on the trailer, but that's about it.

Enjoy the beautiful view :)

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: Almost ready for the new season...
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 11:18:48 PM »
Car looks great. Good luck at the autocross  track this year.  :thumbs:
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline GXP_Matt

• Tech
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 10:00:44 AM »
Still running B Stock I see... Any plans to try out street tires this year to get ready for next year?  Makes the car a decent amount more difficult to drive and you have to be a lot smoother with your inputs, from my experience.
2007 zero option GXP, SCCA A-Street
Full LNF Z0k conversion, Koni Yellows, Solo Race, SSR wheels, BF Goodrich Rivals in 245/40-18

2013 North Carolina Street Tire class champion

Offline CLH

• Premium Member
  • Tech
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 10:44:57 AM »
Still running B Stock I see... Any plans to try out street tires this year to get ready for next year?  Makes the car a decent amount more difficult to drive and you have to be a lot smoother with your inputs, from my experience.

It's actually prepped for ASP. Not a full-blown build yet, but well on the way. The suspension is custom Koni coilovers all around, WERKS adjustable bar in the rear (front will be en route soon), it has a WERKS intercooler, and will have a Westers tune before too long. A custom 3" single exhaust will come sometime this year as well. Gotta let the budget recover a bit!

Chris

Offline GXP_Matt

• Tech
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 11:14:49 AM »
Oh nice!  That should be fun.  Good to see some people still running ASP...
Full LNF Z0k conversion, Koni Yellows, Solo Race, SSR wheels, BF Goodrich Rivals in 245/40-18

Offline rotarypiston

• Tech
  • 1 of 274 Magnetic Paint color Solstices ever made
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 11:25:54 PM »
Oh nice!  That should be fun.  Good to see some people still running ASP...

I actually run ASP because I have to considering I have GM Stage 1.  It bumps me up so its what I have to run. 
Ride: 2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP in Magnetic (aka carbon flash) with manual transmission
Mods: GM Stage 1

Offline GXP_Matt

• Tech
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 09:24:44 AM »
If you just have GM stage 1 and only run regional autocrosses I really wouldn't worry about it.  An ASP level tune is way more extreme than GM stage 1 anyways...  Also if you have HP tuners you can switch back and forth for autocrosses very easily.

Offline rotarypiston

• Tech
  • 1 of 274 Magnetic Paint color Solstices ever made
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 11:57:43 AM »
If you just have GM stage 1 and only run regional autocrosses I really wouldn't worry about it.  An ASP level tune is way more extreme than GM stage 1 anyways...  Also if you have HP tuners you can switch back and forth for autocrosses very easily.

I don't have HP Tuners so I can't just switch it back unfortunately.  If the rules state I need to run in ASP based on what is done to my car, even if I don't want to run it, it is more of that honor code that you run what your suppose to.  So ASP is what I have to do because of the GMS1 sensors on the charge tube and intake manifold along with the flash. 

ASP I realize I probably have the most basic car for because its stock aside from the tune but I didn't plan to mod my car according to SCCA rules for autocross. 
Ride: 2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP in Magnetic (aka carbon flash) with manual transmission
Mods: GM Stage 1

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 07:27:01 PM »
KUDOS TO YOU! For following the rules!!!!!
Make the right choices now

Offline scanner

• Master Tech
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 08:52:44 PM »
I ran BS too with the NA 2.4L Auto and OE tires.  The car is fine, it needs a driver.  I'll try to find one in me at Starting Line School next month.

A question here: If you ran Solo with auto trans would you use D, 4, I or L and why?  Also, Traction On or Off, and Why?

A ran four times in L noticing that it never hit rev limit so that seems safe, I also did not switch off the Traction control - I forgot. I think it explains a few times when I came out of a corner and I could not get the engine speeds fast enough. I think in many ways I would be better off with Traction off.  Your thoughts?

Clear Skies!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 04:12:16 PM by scanner »
Scanner

Offline GXP_Matt

• Tech
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2014, 10:19:02 AM »
Yes definitely trans in L and traction control all the way off (not just competitive mode).  You don't want the trans up shifting and then kicking down in the middle of a corner, it'll upset the car.  Like you noticed the traction control will cut engine power and apply the brakes if it detects even a small amount of wheel slip, which you should be getting nearly all the time in an autocross.  Good idea doing a driving school, that should be fun.

Offline scanner

• Master Tech
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2014, 04:13:39 PM »
Thanks!  I like all the knowledgeable advice here!  Clear Skies!
Scanner