Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Great rim/tire combo for a V8  (Read 1329 times)

Offline RobertAshby

• American Grunt
  • Premium Member
  • Tech
Great rim/tire combo for a V8
« on: March 25, 2014, 03:28:23 PM »
Im kinda set on running 265/275 fronts & 285/95 rears on 18 in rims. Would like to know of wheels &/or tires that will get the job done (without spacers).   I like the CCWC10 wheels or something similar but need like 9.5 f & 10.5 r  rim width to fit tires properly. Im getting dizzie trying to decipher wheel topics with little answers.
Appreciate all of your thoughts, well most anyway . . . :thumbs:
UNDERSTEER : With same height tire but different width ?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 10:44:44 AM by RobertAshby »
2007 Cool, 480hp V8 t-56, dual 3in ss exhaust, ac, Racelogic TC, LSD, Wilwoods, Probeam, Werks frame stiffener/backbone, BC coil over shocks,  Recaro Speed seats,  Werks roll bar

Offline GXP_Matt

• Tech
Re: Great rim/tire combo for a V8
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 04:10:13 PM »
I'd go 18x10 CCWs all around with 295/30 BFG Rivals.  Going smaller on the front tire size will just create understeer.  My understanding is that once you go larger than 10" in the back you need spacers. 
2007 zero option GXP, SCCA A-Street
Full LNF Z0k conversion, Koni Yellows, Solo Race, SSR wheels, BF Goodrich Rivals in 245/40-18

2013 North Carolina Street Tire class champion

Offline RobertAshby

• American Grunt
  • Premium Member
  • Tech
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 05:07:24 PM »
   Perfect on rear(295) if no clearance problems but seems like it would be too much front .:idk: appreciate the knowledge ! I see you may run this setup, with 1 inch lower than stock would I be able to clear f/r fenders & inner fender problems ? How much offset, same f/r ?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 05:12:38 PM by RobertAshby »
2007 Cool, 480hp V8 t-56, dual 3in ss exhaust, ac, Racelogic TC, LSD, Wilwoods, Probeam, Werks frame stiffener/backbone, BC coil over shocks,  Recaro Speed seats,  Werks roll bar

Offline POS VETT

• Master Tech
  • AINT YRS
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 08:37:43 PM »
Have you talked to CCW about this ?  They are quite knowledgeable about fitment. I agree about going with the same size front and rear and slight width difference doesn't make any difference in traction for street driving.  If you are concerned about squeezing every little bit traction available, get stickier tires which allow you to run a narrower size and avoid clearance problems.  Start with hard-compound DOT-R tires such as Pirelli PZero Corsa, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup, Toyo R888, and Hankook RS-3.

Offline RobertAshby

• American Grunt
  • Premium Member
  • Tech
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 08:49:38 AM »
   Talked with Dave (WERKS) & ordered a set of 18X9.5  in CCW C10 in satin black. I decided on Michelin PS2 in 275 all around for starters & to stay under fenders easily.
 Just something I can enjoy trips to the twisty roads with & a few autocrosses(unless the bug bites) while driving daily.
 :idk:
 :thumbs:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 06:53:18 PM by RobertAshby »