Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Group buy on VDI Door kits - self install or have us install them at NASSM 2014  (Read 3479 times)

Offline Dave@DDMworks

• Vendor
  • Gearhead
    • DDMworks

Thanks to the help of a forum member (Thanks BDS!) we are kicking off VDI group buy since we have not done one in awhile. Also these kits will be here in time for installs at Nationals this year and since we have installed over 50 sets of these now on Kappas you can make sure it is done by someone that has done it before. We are also one of the few authorized installers and service centers in the US by VDI, so if you need any support down the road we can help.

So starting today we are going to have a group buy on the vertical doors, and here is a little more of the details:

*** Just a note, we can not post the pricing anywhere for this, as it was too low to advertise. Contact us at (864-438-4949), email us at - ivy@ddmworks.com or send us a PM for the status of the group buy and what the current price is at. ***

If you have been on the fence and been thinking about getting a set of VDI’s for your Sky, Solstice or Opel (yes we can ship these overseas), here is your chance at the best deal on them. These are genuine VDI kits that will be shipped direct from VDI to you, not the cheap universal kits sold on Ebay. This way if you have any problems with them we will be there to service them for you.

These kits do require some slight trimming on the Solstice and Sky for installation, but no welding or large modifications. You can have the car returned to stock at a later time if you would need to.

The price Breakdown:

Full Retail - $1895

Our normal price $1299

For the group buy we are going to offering them to you for… a price too low to advertise

The group buy is official once we reach 3 confirmed kits sold, the last group buy we sold 9 kits, so the minimum should not be a problem.

This group buy is going to last just over a week through April 15th at Midnight. To place your order, just give us a call at 864-438-4949, send a PM to me or send us an email at ivy@ddmworks.com or Sales@ddmworks.com and we will get you on the list and get your information.

You can also place your order through the website , just use the coupon code DDMVDI during checkout and the sale price will be shown. Once the group buy ends they are quoting us 2-3 weeks to ship. They may be able to get some of the kits ready before that, but we can not guarantee that. I am going to stress that again, we have no control over the time it takes VDI to get these made and it may take longer, if you must have them right now, please do not order them in this group buy. However this a great deal that we are offering on the door kit.

If you want to have your kit installed at nationals, we can have your kit shipped to us and haul it to nationals for you. Just let us know that is what you would like to do in the notes section and Miss Ivy will get with you on install times available.

More information here:

Sky's - http://www.ddmworks.com/sky/exterior/vdi_vertical_door_sky.html

Solstice - http://www.ddmworks.com/solstice/exterior/vdi_vertical_door_sol.html

Contact us at (864-438-4949), email us at - ivy@ddmworks.com or send us a PM for the details of the group buy and we will get you the price.

Thanks,
Dave

If you have any questions, just let us know.

*** We can not post the pricing as it was too low to advertise Give us a call or PM us for the status of the group buy and what the current price is at. ***

« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 02:59:53 PM by Dave@DDMworks »
Dave Michel
DDMWorks
Sales - 864-438-4949
Tech Support - 864-907-6004

WWW.DDMworks.com
Dave@DDMWorks.com

Stage 3 Supercharged 2.4L - 314whp - 93 octane
Rotrex Supercharged 2.4L - 303whp - 93 octane
2871 Hybrid turbo 2.0L - 371whp - 93 octane

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
Can please post some pricing?
Make the right choices now

Offline Dave@DDMworks

• Vendor
  • Gearhead
    • DDMworks
Can please post some pricing?

Why? are you too lazy to enter the coupon code ;)
Dave Michel
DDMWorks
Sales - 864-438-4949

WWW.DDMworks.com
Dave@DDMWorks.com

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
GJ can you use the coupon code, find out the price, and then post the price here for me because I for sure am too lazy to do it myself?

GJ see if you can get an employee discount too.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
Discount on discount. Nice. That could be a motel pay per view movie.
Make the right choices now

Offline bds

• Tech
WAHOO! I’ve seen VDI group-buys from DDM Works come and go over the last 4 years that I’ve owned my SKY. I’m sure my excitement reflects the disappointment of missing them, time and time again.

The Kappa platform seems to have been made for vertical doors. And I especially like the fact that the VDI install is fully ‘bolt on’ and completely reversible. I’ve noticed some parts for these cars are becoming less easily available. Now’s the time to get some things on my wish list done to my SKY before they become too hard to come by.

Thanks Dave, for offering the Kappa forum membership such incredible pricing. And for giving us a ‘place’ where we can have these installed by someone who’s an expert in the Kappa platform.

I’ve put this purchase off long enough. PM coming to add me to the list – I’m in!

bds
(Brian)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 05:51:28 PM by bds »

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
Better not be less than we paid in the first group buy or we will be expecting a rebate!

:)
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline critter

• Master Tech
  • Married, 4 grandkids
WAHOO! I’ve seen VDI group-buys from DDM Works come and go over the last 4 years that I’ve owned my SKY. I’m sure my excitement reflects the disappointment of missing them, time and time again.

The Kappa platform seems to have been made for vertical doors. And I especially like the fact that the VDI install is fully ‘bolt on’ and completely reversible. I’ve noticed some parts for these cars are becoming less easily available. Now’s the time to get some things on my wish list done to my SKY before they become too hard to come by.

Thanks Dave, for offering the Kappa forum membership such incredible pricing. And for giving us a ‘place’ where we can have these installed by someone who’s an expert in the Kappa platform.

I’ve put this purchase off long enough. PM coming to add me to the list – I’m in!

bds
(Brian)

I am looking for a clarification. I had read on some thread (maybe) that there was/could be an issue with the these doors and the corners of the redline hood nearest the door hinges. Something about getting clipped. I could be all wet on this. Just wanting to hear from a couple of redline types who have put them on that these are truly bolt on with no impacts to anything...Thanks
I always wanted to be somebody when I grew up - I realize now that I should have been more specific!!

Offline Dave@DDMworks

• Vendor
  • Gearhead
    • DDMworks
I am looking for a clarification. I had read on some thread (maybe) that there was/could be an issue with the these doors and the corners of the redline hood nearest the door hinges. Something about getting clipped. I could be all wet on this. Just wanting to hear from a couple of redline types who have put them on that these are truly bolt on with no impacts to anything...Thanks

Actually on the Sky's the install is easier than the Solstice as there is no trimming of the hood needed (the Solstice has to have the metal under the hood trimmed for install). On the Sky you have to modify the brackets under the fender and modify the top lip of the fender to install. There is no issue with clearance on the corners of the hood near the hinges, most of the time I can get the door gaps to fit better than stock when installing these also.

Hope that helps,
Dave
Dave Michel
DDMWorks
Sales - 864-438-4949

WWW.DDMworks.com
Dave@DDMWorks.com

Offline Dave@DDMworks

• Vendor
  • Gearhead
    • DDMworks
We have easily passed the 3 kits that are needed for this sale, so it is on!
Dave Michel
DDMWorks
Sales - 864-438-4949

WWW.DDMworks.com
Dave@DDMWorks.com

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
Did GJ get his employee discount?
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Dave@DDMworks

• Vendor
  • Gearhead
    • DDMworks
Did GJ get his employee discount?

What do you mean discount? He has to pay extra ;)
Dave Michel
DDMWorks
Sales - 864-438-4949

WWW.DDMworks.com
Dave@DDMWorks.com

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
That sounds like an even better deal!
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline bds

• Tech
Group reminder -

DDM's group buy on the VDI hinges ends tonight at Midnight!

http://www.ddmworks.com/Sky-VDI-Vertical-Door-Kit_p_141.html
                                             or
http://www.ddmworks.com/SolsticeVDI-Vertical-Door-Kit_p_142.html

For the group buy pricing use DDMVDI for the coupon code.

Thanks again Dave & Ivy (DDM)!

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
I'm glad it's all worked out Brian. Enjoy!
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline bds

• Tech
Thanks Bob!

And thanks for helping to make this happen!