Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Solstice friendly dealer in MD for recall?  (Read 1800 times)

Offline WWI Flying Ace

• Master Tech
Solstice friendly dealer in MD for recall?
« on: April 25, 2014, 03:33:04 PM »
I am ready to schedule mine (got my letter from GM that they are ready for me to) but haven't been to my old dealer since the warranty ran out and they got rid of the Solstice-friendly mechanic I used to see there.  The last time I was in there they didn't even want to do an oil change because they "didn't know the cars". 
SO...does anyone know if Win Kelly Chevrolet Buick GMC in Clarksville is "Solstice friendly"?  I was going to get an oil change and have them check something under the hood too and I don't want someplace that won't know how to lift the car, etc. 

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
Re: Solstice friendly dealer in MD for recall?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 07:36:45 PM »
Mine hasn't been to the dealer since 07.  I'm wondering the same thing.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 06:17:25 PM »
I contacted GMCusterSVC on the BB specifically asking for a recommended dealer in my area.  Instead I received a reply listing all GM dealerships in my area.   :cloud:

I was under the impression that GM tracked/rated dealerships, and the highest rated ones in an area were the ones that GM recommend to customers who asked.  Apparently, I was wrong.

Offline WWI Flying Ace

• Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 04:50:01 PM »
I was under the impression that GM tracked/rated dealerships, and the highest rated ones in an area were the ones that GM recommend to customers who asked.  Apparently, I was wrong.

I wish they did let you know.  I'm really not looking forward to having another dealer service department experience.  For my part, I was under the impression that GM would not knowingly use garbage parts that would put people's lives at risk for 10 model years.  I was wrong about that.   

Offline WWI Flying Ace

• Master Tech
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 04:27:51 PM »
Critterman...I got it done yesterday at Miller Brothers Cadillac Chevrolet in Ellicott City.  They did a good job and they took good care of me.  I'd actually consider going back there based on that experience, for times when it is a "dealer has to fix it" kind of fix. 

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 08:14:54 PM »
Thanks,  Fox or Autonation has my parts in hand.  I just haven't contacted them to set up a time yet.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline WWI Flying Ace

• Master Tech
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 12:18:11 AM »
Thanks,  Fox or Autonation has my parts in hand.  I just haven't contacted them to set up a time yet.
Good deal.