Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Performance Autowerks WR-3 Turbo  (Read 11660 times)

Offline L-N-Fn

• Tech
Re: Performance Autowerks WR-3 Turbo
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2014, 04:22:54 PM »
That looks much better. Hows the tuning coming?
Coupe 993 5mt. GMPP CAI, GMPP tune+ HPT, 3 inch catless ext. Dejon cooler and Piping, AME water meth, Garrett Manifold, EFR 6758, Werks springs, 2010 lifters, 5th injector,E43, CCW Werks rims285 front-305 rear PScup's. Zok cross member, sway bars, back bone, LVFB. 407 WHP.

Offline Jim

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2014, 04:47:14 PM »
The tuning is going great and the car pulls hard! I've been working with Nick and he has it dialed in nicely at 21psi now and we should start heading for 23/24psi in the next day or two. Wind is blowing close to 60mph right now so I'm not up for too much logging at the moment. Tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful so it should be a good day to get it all wrapped up. I will probably tinker a bit on it myself after it's all done as I'm beginning to understand it a bit better. I won't do anything drastic as I'm still learning but I'm really liking HP Tuners.

The only real pitfalls I have working against me are altitude (3700 feet) and 91 octane fuel. Not really a big deal but definitely not as good as some have it with E85 readily available or pumps that have hi-test (~100 octane) fuel available. Closest I have is AVGAS at the place next to where I work but I'm not really interested in it not to mention it's like $7 to $8 a gallon. I may have to get the methanol injection system if I really want much more out of it.

The road to success is always under construction.

Offline Jim

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2014, 02:08:59 PM »
Ordered a Devil's Own injection system today. Will install next week and keep on tuning. :drive:

Offline IBDRINKEN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Donkey Master
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2014, 12:09:55 AM »
Ordered a Devil's Own injection system today. Will install next week and keep on tuning. :drive:

I went with the Aem hope you enjoy your kit and lots of tunning in your future
13.5@101.90
320HP 358 Torque
Solo Hi Flow Cat/ 3in dual exhaust
Kappa Intake
Dakota Digital EG, Boost Gauage, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Fuel Pressure
DDM Probeam, Backbone, IC Pipes, Coilcover Cross Brace
JPM Shifter, Center Console
DDM Intercooler
AEM Water/Meth Injection

Offline Jim

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2014, 08:52:12 AM »
Thanks! I'm sure it will be fun.

I've used AEM in the past as well as SMC, Snow Performance and Labonte. They're all pretty much the same and this time I opted to go without a reservoir as I plan to use the one for the windshield washer.

Offline IBDRINKEN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Donkey Master
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2014, 10:06:19 AM »
That's what I did we just tapped the washer container
13.5@101.90
320HP 358 Torque
Kappa Intake
DDM Intercooler
AEM Water/Meth Injection

Offline Jim

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2014, 05:13:40 PM »
That's what I did we just tapped the washer container

I looked but couldn't find an answer on how much fluid the reservoir holds. Could you let me know?

Thanks!

Offline IBDRINKEN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Donkey Master
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2014, 06:29:25 PM »
It will hold a gallon
13.5@101.90
320HP 358 Torque
Kappa Intake
DDM Intercooler
AEM Water/Meth Injection

Offline Jim

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2014, 09:11:22 PM »
It will hold a gallon

That's perfect - thanks man!

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2014, 12:13:54 PM »
Can you use it to clean the windshield too?
Make the right choices now

Offline Jim

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2014, 11:51:42 AM »
Can you use it to clean the windshield too?

I don't see why not. Most of the good windshield cleaners have methanol in them to prevent them from freezing.

Even when it rains around here which is like almost never, I only use the wipers. I really can't remember the last time I used the windshield washer in any of my vehicles. I would like to see some rain around here soon. My allergies from all of the dryness is driving me crazy!!!

Offline L-N-Fn

• Tech
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2014, 02:03:14 PM »
The windshield washer tank makes a great meth tank.  Keep the meth content under 50% and it can be use as windshield washer fluid, you don't want it to be flamable.  Tuning with meth can be very problemlematic. Mine was reconnected after tuning was done for extra piston protection.
Coupe 993 5mt. GMPP CAI, GMPP tune+ HPT, 3 inch catless ext. Dejon cooler and Piping, AME water meth, Garrett Manifold, EFR 6758, Werks springs, 2010 lifters, 5th injector,E43, CCW Werks rims285 front-305 rear PScup's. Zok cross member, sway bars, back bone, LVFB. 407 WHP.

Offline Jim

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2014, 02:12:18 PM »
Did you use 1 nozzle or 2 L-N-Fn and where did you mount them? I will most likely mount my pump where you mounted yours to keep it looking stock but didn't see where you put your nozzle(s).

Offline IBDRINKEN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Donkey Master
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2014, 02:59:14 PM »
I'm using one nozzle and here is where it's located

I will try and take a pic where the pump is mounted you can't even see where it's at
13.5@101.90
320HP 358 Torque
Kappa Intake
DDM Intercooler
AEM Water/Meth Injection

Offline L-N-Fn

• Tech
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2014, 09:32:39 PM »
Did you use 1 nozzle or 2 L-N-Fn and where did you mount them? I will most likely mount my pump where you mounted yours to keep it looking stock but didn't see where you put your nozzle(s).

I am using a single medium size nozzle.  I was just looking for some charged cooling, and a little extra protection.  I have my nozzle mounted on my Dejon steel throttle body elbow.  Since Dejon throttle body elbows are no longer available, I would mount it just where IBDRINKEN's is.   

Offline Jim

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2014, 12:54:18 PM »
Installed the injection kit yesterday. This first pic is of the pump location which is the same place L-N-F'n's pump is mounted. I bolted mine to the frame. [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

The second pic shows the injection nozzle mounted just before the throttle body elbow and the check valve beside the ABS pump. I added a street Tee to the charge air cooler tube where the boost line is connected so I could install the pressure activation switch in a decent place. I currently have it set to start spraying at 10psi using a 7gph nozzle. Of course this pic also shows a somewhat dirty engine compartment that I will clean when all of the tuning is complete as running 120+ on these desert highways in the middle of a drought won't allow it to stay clean and I have the fender bulb trim installed to help. [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

The third pic shows where I mounted the relay and fuse for the system. (just above the washer reservoir fill cap) I chose this location because it is up and out of the elements and power was easily accessible from the power window harness. If I want to disable the system, it's as simple as removing the fuse. I didn't want to run any part of this system inside the car so it's all neatly and solidly mounted and all of the wires are loomed so it looks like it is supposed to be there. [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

I'm using the washer reservoir for the injection system and was a little bummed that there's no low fluid warning already built in but it's not a big deal as I've never had a low fluid warning system on any of my past kits. I'm guessing that a gallon will last about the same amount of time as a tank of fuel.

Tuning will resume on Monday. I've primed the pump and run a few logs to start with to make sure that the system is functioning properly but will disable the system until Monday (even though it runs great with it as it is) which is when we will start getting a little agressive with the tune.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 12:58:21 PM by Jim »

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2014, 04:58:42 PM »
Is interesting if I am looking at the second picture correctly. Are you spraying just before the MAP sensor?.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline Jim

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2014, 07:16:13 PM »
Is interesting if I am looking at the second picture correctly. Are you spraying just before the MAP sensor?.

No - that's the pressure sensor for activating the pump. The spray nozzle is just before the rubber elbow to the throttle body. The nozzle is the black and red piece.

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2014, 04:50:21 PM »
Thanks, from the picture I could not make out what that was.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline Jim

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2014, 05:24:42 PM »
It is kind of a funky switch but has a thumb wheel on it to adjust it which is nice for tuning purposes. Once I get it dialed in exactly where I want it, I will change that switch out for one of my Hobbs switches that requires an allen wrench to adjust. The Hobbs switch is about 1/2 the size. This is what the current (Nasom SQ2) switch looks like: http://www.greatplainsupply.com/en/pressure/567-adjustable-pressure-switch-sq2.html