Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Performance Data Loggers  (Read 1792 times)

Offline scanner

• Master Tech
Performance Data Loggers
« on: May 06, 2014, 08:39:33 PM »
Any experience with this product or something similar for track data collection?
http://www.gruppewerks.com/collections/telemetry-and-data/products/aim-solo-dl

I'm wondering if it can help me with the Solo circuit or if it will just be another time bandit...

Thanks for looking and comments!

Clear Skies!
Scanner

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
Re: Performance Data Loggers
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 11:57:14 PM »
There are apps for smart phones (not sure if you are an iphone or android user) that can do the same thing for a heck of a lot less money

Offline scanner

• Master Tech
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 04:04:10 PM »
Elff, thanks, I'll look around in the Android store. Clear Skies!
Scanner

Offline idkfa

• Violent Jain
  • Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • mostly harmless
    • Make
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 02:30:50 PM »
I liked the data I got out of torque but the cheapo adapter I bought rarely stayed connected/logging the entire time. i recently picked up a ODBLinkMX adapter because I wanted to get more into GMLAN programming but I haven't had the car out to see how it does in performance situations.

Offline Silver -V-

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 02:39:31 PM »
How serious do you want to get with your data logging? The Aim system is great for someone who is running every week, and has a track dedicated car. For occasional HPDE events - the Harry's Lap timer App with an external GPS (Much more accurate than your phone) and a bluetooth OBD II device will give you all of the data you would need.

Offline rlhammon

• Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 04:27:26 PM »
Personally I've been using SoloStorm (http://www.petreldata.com/product/solostorm-gps-obd-ii-and-video-logger-for-android-v2-2/) since it was in closed BETA.

I gain more information being able to watch the video back and the comparison of me and my co-driver (or me to me in a run vs. run situation) helps greatly.

You'll need an Android phone or tablet, the software, an OBDII bluetooth adapter, and an external GPS (5Hz works, I like 10Hz).  Simple to use, easy interface, and I watch my runs between runs at every event.  The export feature works well when you want to push things to YouTube.  This video is done entirely on my old cell phone.

Not my best run ever... but you get the point.  The ability to link to a WiFi GoPro and use that video is really handy too.  They have done a LOT with this program, and I'd say it's well worth the cost. 

Offline DrJones

• Master Tech
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 12:12:09 PM »
I gain more information being able to watch the video back and the comparison of me and my co-driver (or me to me in a run vs. run situation) helps greatly.

What Rich says right here.
This is where having data will be worth the most. Especially if you can get a  hot-shoe to run a local event with you. Hopefully you can ride along with each other too as you might be surprised of what the car is capable of. I give my keys to other fast guys all the time.
2007 - GXP - White
F-Prepared - Crazy Monkey Racing
Westers Garage/Norms Fiberglass/AVON TYRES