Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Trunk lid release clicks, but did not open - how I opened the trunk  (Read 1385 times)

nomead

Had a weird problem at work yesterday... When I arrived at work I went to put the top up and the fob caused the latches to click, but the trunk did not pop open. Tried a bunch of times with the fob and the glovebox button... no dice.

When I got home I did research here and on the other kappa sites looking for the fix; I did not feel like removing the rear wheel & fender liner, so I looked for another way. I'd seen some obscure mentions of a lever that could be accessed.

I found that just inside the flap behind the driver's headrest you can just see a lever that controls the latches. I bodged together a hook to grab it and pull it. Pull out at about a 30 degree angle up (see pic)... That did the trick. I now keep this hook in the pouch behind the seats for future use.

Turns out that a microfiber towel on the top got stuck in the latch when I last closed the trunk and that was enough to jam the mechanism.

The lever:
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

The open access & action:

detail on hooking the lever:

Here is the detail of the tool I made (sitting on the top):

I hope this helps the next guy/gal.

Offline SKY_RL_Qc

• Tech
Re: Trunk lid release clicks, but did not open - how I opened the trunk
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 07:55:44 PM »
Good to know. Thank for pointing this out.
2008 Sky Red Line Bluestone/Black