Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Just want to say Hello !  (Read 5081 times)

Offline Sting Ya

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Just want to say Hello !
« on: June 28, 2014, 12:31:44 AM »
I want to start off by introducing myself to the members on this forum , a lot of you know me from the "other " forum so for those that do not here goes .I'm a retired car guy who has had a love of cars and bikes since the first time I rode in a pedal car or played with a Tonka truck.I live in a small town southwest  of Cleveland Ohio with a wife who puts up with my obsessions and quirks  and 4 South African Boerboels who mean the world to me.I have owned over 70 cars and numerous bikes  in my lifetime and I have modified more then I care to remember my current fleet consists of my 2007 Solstice (more on this later) an 81 Corvette Bowling Green Edition ,2004 P71 Crown Victoria,2011 Mazda 3 w/ Sport Package ,98 Silverado ,and a 98 custom Safari van .The Solstice is the first modern 4 cylinder car that I have had a chance to modify so in some areas I pretty much a novice in this .My Solstice specs ( all of the work has been done by me with help from a friend who is a certified mechanic and drag racer ) Envious Green /Sand Top/Sand and Steel Interior/Premium Package/Preferred Package/Convenience Package/Spoiler/LSD/ 5 Speed/ Monsoon Audio/ Sport Pedals/Street Edition Headlights/ DDM Works Pillar Pod w/ Autometer Gauges/Autometer Boost Gauge/Kazera Rims w/ Dunlop Sport Maxx Tires/ Eibach Sport  Springs/ DDM Works BackBone -Venom Brace - Pro Beam / Performance AutoWerks Adjustable SwayBars  all suspension components powder coated red /Braided Steel Brake Lines/R1 Concepts Drilled and Slotted Rotors / Hawk Ceramic Pads/Hann Stage 11 Turbo w/ Ceramic Coated Components/ Hann Brake Reservoir Relocation Kit/DDM Works Center Feed Fuel Rail/DDM Works Oil Catch Can/ DDM  Works  Silicone Radiator Hose/ Performance Auto Werks High Flow Cat/MagnaFlow Exhaust/Jet Performance M.A.S./Optima Battery/Lots of Billet ,Polish and Detail in the engine compartment/ In the near future Norm's Zr1 Fenders (ordering them this week) a set of Adjustable Coil Overs and hopefully a Cowl Induction Hood with a Hood Tach like the old GTO's had if we can figure out how to convert one.Hope I didn't bore anyone with all of this I just really love this car and this ones a keeper so all I want to do is make it better from a performance standpoint that's why I have become a member . Once again Hello and glad to be part of this forum ! Wojtek aka Sting Ya"

Offline Wartie

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Re: Just want to say Hello !
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 06:46:04 AM »
Welcome Sting Ya!!!! I am south of Cleveland in Stow. Sound like you have been busy with your car. You will really enjoy this forum. Lots of top notch people here with lots of valuable information.

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 06:47:27 AM »
Let me be the first to welcome you to the forum, it's great to have you here.   :thumbs:

Edit: Okay, make that the second...    :D
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline POS VETT

• Master Tech
  • AINT YRS
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 07:26:46 AM »
Welcome, Sting Ya!

I'm in Columbus.

Offline crisco

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • My Precious!
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 07:59:06 AM »
Welcome Sting Ya!
I'm in Massachusetts!
My Precious! 2007  Solstice GXP, Aggressive, Santana Cup Holder, Beachparty Fuse Box Cover,DDM Backbone Brace, DDM Performance Probeam, DDM Latin Venom Brace, DDM Oil Catch Can (Red), DDM LNF Intake Tube (Red), DDM Radiator Hose (Red), Wind Restricter, Solo Performance Mach Shorty Exhaust,...more to come!

Offline Sky4Two

• Sky4Two
  • Premium Member
  • Tech
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 06:30:06 PM »
Howdy Sting,  This is THEE Forum,....Welcome aboard.........Sky4Two
Blooper

Offline Jim

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 08:07:32 PM »
I'm in a small town southwest of Cleveland as well. It's in New Mexico so it's probably a thousand miles south and 500 miles west.  :D

Welcome! Would enjoy seeing some pics of your Solstice!
The road to success is always under construction.

Offline Sting Ya

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 11:03:17 AM »
I'm in a small town southwest of Cleveland as well. It's in New Mexico so it's probably a thousand miles south and 500 miles west.  :D

Welcome! Would enjoy seeing some pics of your Solstice!
I'm working on those pics I'm pretty much a dummy when it comes to tech stuff I sort of stumble through it and my car is still apart waiting on my front swaybar from Performance Autowerks hopefully soon .I have pics before some of the mods I have done recently that I will try and download and of course once everything is put back together I will post more .

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2014, 03:44:53 PM »
Welcome to the forum
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2014, 07:53:15 PM »
So when are you actually going to start modifying it?

Welcome aboard.   South of Baltimore, West of Annapolis, North of DC.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Sting Ya

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2014, 08:16:56 PM »
So when are you actually going to start modifying it?

Welcome aboard.   South of Baltimore, West of Annapolis, North of DC.
I guess the real answer is when am I going to stop . I have  been making improvements since I bought the car in 2010 my ultimate goal is a modern version of a classic British sports car like the  Triumph TR6 I had in the 70's which by the way is the same color combo Green &Tan .I fell in love with the Solstice when they first came out but was doing a Pro Touring Blazer Extreme and Roadmaster Woody  at the time and had a lot of money tied up in both so when the time came I found this one in the color I wanted and snatched it up   Thanks all for welcoming me !

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2014, 08:19:55 PM »
As long as we have the venders we have, mods will never stop!

But why do you want it to act like a 70's English sports car, with crappy Lucas electronics, skinny tires, no suspension and handles like a brick?
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Sting Ya

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2014, 08:50:21 PM »
I don't want it to act like an old British sports car that's why I'm making the improvements I always liked the looks and the way the cars handled so my goal is to make a modern version with all the improvements sort of like  what Mazda did when they brought out the Miata it was an updated version of an MG and owned both cars at one time so I had something to compare them to and for a 70's car the TR was fun to drive had decent power and to this day I still think it's one of the best looking cars ever built

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2014, 10:33:53 PM »
Looking forward to the pics but why haven't you got your sway bar yet? Did you order with the rest in the first lot? I've  had mine installed for a while now.    :crazy:
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2014, 10:43:25 PM »
As long as we have the venders we have, mods will never stop!

But why do you want it to act like a 70's English sports car, with crappy Lucas electronics, skinny tires, no suspension and handles like a brick?

Hey now!  I own two Triumphs and you really should show them the respect that they deserve! 

I can't believe that you totally over looked the fact that they leak oil (or any other fluid for that matter) like the Exxon Valdez and the factory installed soon to be transparent steel body panels.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Sting Ya

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2014, 08:41:18 AM »
Looking forward to the pics but why haven't you got your sway bar yet? Did you order with the rest in the first lot? I've  had mine installed for a while now.    :crazy:
  I wish I knew the answer I was one of the first to order and pay for the set when Dave first offered them .I got the rear bar when he shipped the first batch out at the beginning of the year and was supposed to get the front at the beginning of the month but it never arrived after a couple of emails(they could not find my order?) I called and supposedly the bar is at the powder coaters ,Dave was at the Nationals so they were not shipping things out because there is only one guy at the shop who by the way was very helpful so I'm hoping to get it some time soon  :gaah:. What do you have your bars set at ? They told me for a street car the best position is the outer or soft holes ,how do you like your set up ? I'm really looking forward to these as I was ready to buy a set of FE3 ZOK bars .

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2014, 09:08:34 AM »
Welcome aboard Sting Ya!  Most of us on the Kappa Performance Forum have owned several sports cars prior to the purchase of a Kappa.  One of mine was a 1995 Pontiac Firebird Formula and of course it was victory red.  Looking forward to meeting you in person some day at a Meet or event!   :us2: :brnout:
Code 1100, Order#KCPDVV 04-28-2006, Delivery: 12-27-2006 

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

MSRP $30,300 less $1,000 GMMC credit.  Deal: $28,180. ($2,120 under MSRP).

DDM Race Backbone, Probeam, & Red Cross Bay Brace
JPM Leather Center Console
Windrestrictor
MRZ Performance Billet Caps
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2014, 10:58:57 AM »
Welcome!  I'm in Fairview Park, OH!  You should join us for our little event weekend in October!  One of these days, I'll post the info about it!  Ha ha!