Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Northern California car show 07-12 with very special guests  (Read 21197 times)

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
Re: Northern California car show 07-12 with very special guests
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2014, 01:14:08 PM »
He reall thinks he isnt doing anything wrong. 

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2014, 01:33:35 PM »
He just doesn't have any respect for others and others soon lose respect for him.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2014, 02:24:54 PM »
Well summarized.  Too bad he decided to pick on the wrong moderator (not the one that deleted his messages)!

Yeah.  I want so badly to post and to agree with you and the others, but it's pointless with him.  His responses say it all.  I've been PM'ing the mods because I had a question about the deleted posts.  I was wondering if they could partially delete them where they could keep the good info and dump the crap.  They can and have tried, but as you can imagine, that does not sit well either.

He just doesn't have any respect for others and others soon lose respect for him.

He reall thinks he isnt doing anything wrong. 

It's curious as to how he feels the moderator's are at fault.  IMO, it was disrespectful to the OP to say the reasons for deletion were weak when the OP felt the direction of the posts were taking a negative turn and asked for them to be removed.  It's fair for the OP to make that request.  I see nothing out of line with this, especially when the post did not follow the forum policy.  A reasonable person would hear out the mod's explanation.  Instead, one of them is a liar.  No apology, nope...liars.  A bit extreme isn't it?

Yup elff...he fails to see it.  It's exactly what I said to him on the Sky side months ago.  He failed to see that too.  As I recall, he jumped on both you and I for it and said we added nothing to the thread.  I was very frustrated when I posted, but I was very careful with my posts and remained constructive.  If you can't take that, something is wrong.

I find it ironic that I mentioned this very thing on Friday in this thread and by Sunday night, he has gone and done it on the big boards.  I see he got his usual KP jab in there too!  Gotta have that!  :lol:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 02:40:32 PM by ihawk95 »

Offline DaveOC

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
  • Running Wisconsin
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2014, 02:52:49 PM »
Unfortunately, GMT lives in a black and white world where there are no shades of gray.

My post which gave rise to his deleted diatribe was basically saying that 4 different V-8 convertors did things 4 different ways, all of which worked OK.  All 4 were different than the way he did it on his Sky. 

In his world, they all did it wrong, because it wasn't done his way.  Almost anyone that has been involved in auto repair, maintenance, design, etc., knows and recognizes that there are as many solutions to an issue as there are people working on the solution.   Most of these people will feel that their solution is the best, but will recognize that the other solutions will also work.

Anyway,  I have better things to do than write about GMT . . .  :seeya:

Aggressive #000741

Offline critter

• Master Tech
  • Married, 4 grandkids
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2014, 02:57:46 PM »
Unfortunately, GMT lives in a black and white world where there are no shades of gray.

My post which gave rise to his deleted diatribe was basically saying that 4 different V-8 convertors did things 4 different ways, all of which worked OK.  All 4 were different than the way he did it on his Sky. 

In his world, they all did it wrong, because it wasn't done his way.  Almost anyone that has been involved in auto repair, maintenance, design, etc., knows and recognizes that there are as many solutions to an issue as there are people working on the solution.   Most of these people will feel that their solution is the best, but will recognize that the other solutions will also work.

Your last sentence is probably the most valuabkle piece of advice that has hit either forum for a while!!!!!
I always wanted to be somebody when I grew up - I realize now that I should have been more specific!!

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2014, 03:37:51 PM »

And see to me, this is sad because if instead he said "Hey check this out...I did this and this and got X results" and then he threw some of his experience into the mix, it would be very helpful and I would be very interested in the information.  But unfortunately that is not the case.  I like following the build threads...both learnings and failures.  We've had to stick with Antonio for years now and I'm still reading!  Ha ha!

You know me Dave...eternal optimist.  I somehow hope someone will say something that will click with him and rather than everyone else is wrong, it will be more of the above.  Which is why I am posting.

Offline DaveOC

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
  • Running Wisconsin
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2014, 08:53:37 PM »
You know me Dave...eternal optimist.  I somehow hope someone will say something that will click with him and rather than everyone else is wrong, it will be more of the above.  Which is why I am posting.

Maybe he'll see this and it'll click with him.  (Nope, that isn't going to happen cuz he's been banned from this forum)  :seeya:
Aggressive #000741

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2014, 09:18:50 PM »
Maybe he'll see this and it'll click with him.  (Nope, that isn't going to happen cuz he's been banned from this forum)  :seeya:

I'm hoping someone will see this that knows him and actually have a conversation with him...Like our OP perhaps??  Or someone else who knows him personally?  That might help.  My posting in his thread will do nothing other than create a post from him saying that I'm an azzhat.  Already tried that route.  I've never met the guy in person.

*edit* Nevermind...elff is on it!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 09:24:55 PM by ihawk95 »

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2014, 09:24:15 PM »
I added my opinion in that thread.
What's funny is that I had not read Blackbirdracing's post and while we used different words, our points were identical.
I think BBR was more eloquent.

There is a 4 letter acronym that describes GMT perfectly

SSDD.

Offline DaveOC

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
  • Running Wisconsin
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2014, 09:25:47 PM »
*edit* Nevermind...elff is on it!

Saw that!
Aggressive #000741

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2014, 09:27:20 PM »
I added my opinion in that thread.
What's funny is that I had not read Blackbirdracing's post and while we used different words, our points were identical.
I think BBR was more eloquent.

There is a 4 letter acronym that describes GMT perfectly

SSDD.

Exactly...maybe BBR's post will make some sense to him.  No one else has gotten through yet.

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2014, 09:28:35 PM »
Saw that!

Unfortunately, I bet anything that elff fires him up.
Like I said in my edit, it needs to be someone that has met the guy for it to have a chance.

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2014, 09:29:51 PM »
But GMT loves me.
I am sure he will take it in a positive manner
 :kwh:
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2014, 12:01:44 AM »
Ssdd?
Make the right choices now

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2014, 05:35:35 AM »
Same Chit Different Day. Where have you been hiding?

Well he's quiet for now. My prediction is he will exit stage left for a few months. Then he'll make a dramatic reemergence after being begged to come back by a call for help. It is sad information can't be just shared and done.

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2014, 07:14:25 AM »
Same
Shit
Different
Day

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2014, 09:36:26 AM »
Am I the only one who finds this thread in bad taste?  I may not understand both sides arguments, but come on people, we're all better than this.

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2014, 11:12:55 AM »
Kind of why I tried to derail the thread at post 2.

GMT is a polarizing person, some people think he's great while others can't stand him.  Like it or not he's the Drama Queen that causes threads like the one on the other forum that has lead to comments on this one.  Sometimes you have to be the bigger person and let the BS go unfortunately GMT can't do that and everything leads to a soap opera with him.  I was always told you have to stand up to a bully so I can understand why some feel the need to stand up to GMT.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2014, 12:23:13 PM »
^^^ +1

It's not right to take something that happened on this forum, or in a personal setting and keep bringing it up repeatedly in other forums/places/pm's/email/etc.
I've had this happen to me for the last 4-5 years and I had to threaten legal action to get it to stop.  At least on the forums anyway.  Unfortunately, it continues every now and then elsewhere.

I see the same thing happening in this case.  It's not good and can be quite damaging.

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2014, 12:33:07 PM »
I agree with both.
IMHO this thread really should not have been started
It was destined to be a powder keg due to the fact that it is about a person who was banned from this forum.

What is beneficial about this, however, is that GMT has once again shown his true colors and different moderators on a different forum had to take action
Thus
Showing that the ban on this forum was justified
(which the majority already agreed upon)

Offline L-N-Fn

• Tech
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2014, 12:21:00 PM »
Wow, I have been busy quitting my job, selling my house, packing, finding a new job, and a new house, so I have been too busy to check the forum's in the last few days.  Hopefully I won't have to sell my car!! I can not believe the response to this thread got on this forum. All I will say about GMT is he does not like to see vendors cheating unsuspecting forum members. I could say much, much more , but, I won't.  This thread was started to invite people to a car show.  We had a decent KAPPA turn out.  Three manual coupes, a mallet Solstice, and two Sky's.  The promoter put a race car on the Dyno, I was eventually able to talk John into Dynoing his car.  The tuning was not complete, and it was running rich.  The results were still pretty spectacular, 614WHP, 602TRQ.  This makes John's car a 700+ HP daily driver.

Coupe 993 5mt. GMPP CAI, GMPP tune+ HPT, 3 inch catless ext. Dejon cooler and Piping, AME water meth, Garrett Manifold, EFR 6758, Werks springs, 2010 lifters, 5th injector,E43, CCW Werks rims285 front-305 rear PScup's. Zok cross member, sway bars, back bone, LVFB. 407 WHP.

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2014, 01:08:11 PM »
I have a Mathematics degree and as such am confused as to how 614 gets rounded up to 700?

Offline L-N-Fn

• Tech
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2014, 02:54:21 PM »
722 BHP x .85 "15%" = 613 WHP

748 Bhp x .82 "18%" = 613 WHP
Coupe 993 5mt. GMPP CAI, GMPP tune+ HPT, 3 inch catless ext. Dejon cooler and Piping, AME water meth, Garrett Manifold, EFR 6758, Werks springs, 2010 lifters, 5th injector,E43, CCW Werks rims285 front-305 rear PScup's. Zok cross member, sway bars, back bone, LVFB. 407 WHP.

Offline critter

• Master Tech
  • Married, 4 grandkids
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2014, 02:59:39 PM »
722 BHP x .85 "15%" = 613 WHP

748 Bhp x .82 "18%" = 613 WHP
You beat me to it! I was just going to do this. The number that matters is the HP on the pavement. The bigger number (if you want to use it) just accounts for the mechanical/electrical losses of the system to get that much to the pavement. That number is not relevant to me and isn't the one I ask about if I am curious about an engine or setup...Yeah, it's a bigger number but who cares?
I always wanted to be somebody when I grew up - I realize now that I should have been more specific!!

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2014, 03:25:06 PM »
You beat me to it! I was just going to do this. The number that matters is the HP on the pavement. The bigger number (if you want to use it) just accounts for the mechanical/electrical losses of the system to get that much to the pavement. That number is not relevant to me and isn't the one I ask about if I am curious about an engine or setup...Yeah, it's a bigger number but who cares?

Agreed.