Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: 2.4 lower radiator hose  (Read 1274 times)

Offline Sting Ya

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
2.4 lower radiator hose
« on: July 21, 2014, 08:08:21 PM »
So I'm in the middle of some upgrades and maintenance and decide to replace the lower radiator hose as I'm replacing the top with a cool red silicone hose from DDM Works .Go to my local auto parts store and he tells me it's a dealer only item .OK I call my local GM dealer and he tells me they are non stock and run $158.00 I was thinking of getting 2 before the call.So I go to my old standby Nalley Buick GMC and they have them at $118.00 the sad part is that they are just molded rubber I did a pretty extensive search to see if anyone made silicone lower hoses but could not find anyone .My point with all of this is the fact that the hoses are not something everyone carries even dealers, they are not cheap,and from past experiences here in Ohio radiator hoses usually are good for about 100000 miles. My car has not quite 30000 miles on it and I figure that I'm doing the radiator flush so I may as well replace the hoses and drive belt  to me it's cheap (?) insurance .Oh and I forgot to add that there are two different hoses one for 2006 cars and another for 2007 and up.

Offline Dave@DDMworks

• Vendor
  • Gearhead
    • DDMworks
Re: 2.4 lower radiator hose
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 11:26:30 AM »
So I'm in the middle of some upgrades and maintenance and decide to replace the lower radiator hose as I'm replacing the top with a cool red silicone hose from DDM Works .Go to my local auto parts store and he tells me it's a dealer only item .OK I call my local GM dealer and he tells me they are non stock and run $158.00 I was thinking of getting 2 before the call.So I go to my old standby Nalley Buick GMC and they have them at $118.00 the sad part is that they are just molded rubber I did a pretty extensive search to see if anyone made silicone lower hoses but could not find anyone .My point with all of this is the fact that the hoses are not something everyone carries even dealers, they are not cheap,and from past experiences here in Ohio radiator hoses usually are good for about 100000 miles. My car has not quite 30000 miles on it and I figure that I'm doing the radiator flush so I may as well replace the hoses and drive belt  to me it's cheap (?) insurance .Oh and I forgot to add that there are two different hoses one for 2006 cars and another for 2007 and up.

There are 2 different lower radiator hoses for the cars depending on if you have the integrated oil cooler or not, but it is not really year specific on the 2.4L cars. Also, it is not a real easy tube to replace how it wraps around the back of the engine and under the intake manifold, but we have changed some out while doing engine swaps, which make it a lot easier to do. Good luck with the swap!

Thanks,
Dave
Dave Michel
DDMWorks
Sales - 864-438-4949
Tech Support - 864-907-6004

WWW.DDMworks.com
Dave@DDMWorks.com

Stage 3 Supercharged 2.4L - 314whp - 93 octane
Rotrex Supercharged 2.4L - 303whp - 93 octane
2871 Hybrid turbo 2.0L - 371whp - 93 octane

Offline Sting Ya

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Re: 2.4 lower radiator hose
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 06:26:02 AM »
Thanks for the info Dave I will be attempting to do this in a couple of weeks after I get the car back from the dealer for my ignition switch replacement .I was half tempted to have them do it but at close to $300.00 for a radiator flush and fill ($120.00) new hose  ($158.00) I think I'll tackle it myself and use the money for other things on my car