Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: 8/1-8/10 Smoothline Hardtop 10% off  (Read 1398 times)

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
8/1-8/10 Smoothline Hardtop 10% off
« on: July 31, 2014, 06:33:38 PM »
Just called Smoothline Hardtops to ask a few questions and was told they are running a 10% off sale August 1-10, 2014. A 100% payment is required for this sale, and build time is estimated to be 10 to 12 weeks.

I've been saving and wanting a Club Racer hardtop for quite some time now and decided to take advantage of this sale. I ordered a Club Racer, headliner upgraded, safety glass and rear defogger.  :thumbs:

Offline Sting Ya

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Re: 8/1-8/10 Smoothline Hardtop 10% off
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 07:04:58 PM »
Chop Top : Does this top make the trunk inoperable  as some of the others I have seen and is this the same company that made the tops for the factory Club Sport option ?

Offline Helios

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Play Hard; Drive Harder!
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 08:49:07 AM »
Chop Top : Does this top make the trunk inoperable  as some of the others I have seen and is this the same company that made the tops for the factory Club Sport option ?

Yes.
"Gwyneth"
V8 swap in progress
RPi GT/ SOLO Exhaust

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 01:28:28 PM »

Not sure who made the GM carbon fiber Club Sport hardtop.  I do remember reading you had to have a valid SCCA license to purchase one because it was for track use only (no seals).  Maybe Smoothline made a mold from one and added seals and headliner so that it could be used on the street?

Offline SKY888

• Gearhead
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 07:48:00 AM »
Maybe you should ask smoothline instead of only 10% discount......

They should run a group buy (3 or more for sky and 3 or more for solstice buyers).... And give 20-25% discount to make it more enticing.

I'll sign-up for the sky top if they do that.
COMPOUND TURBOS (GT2860r & GT4294r) goal 800hp

CAR SPECS and PHOTOS:
https://www.facebook.com/SKY888CompoundTurbo

SPONSORS:
aeroforce.com, nitrofreeze.com, forgestar.com, splitsec.com, turbosmartonline.com, k1technologies.com, supertechperformance.com, specclutch.com, rceng.com, statusracing.com, tceperformanceproducts.com, burnsstainless.com, performanceautowerks.com, ddmworks.com, turbowerx.com, BTF

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 01:14:34 PM »
About three years ago I called Smoothline and asked if they ever offer Kappa group discounts and was told no.  Reason being, dealing with people who'd say one thing but when it came time for the group to pay their deposits do another by backing out.  That undermines the whole concept of a group purchase discount, and it's understandable from a business perspective.   

Also, called a couple years ago around Christmas asking SL if they'd offer a Christmas special and was offered 10%, which I relayed to BB. 

Finding this 10% off was just a coincidence.  I had planned on order a top in several weeks so called to get a total + shipping, and was told about the sale.  Problem was it was ending before I had planned on ordering, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger.  10% is better than nothing, but yeah, 20-25% would have been a great sale price.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 01:55:06 PM by ChopTop »

Offline SKY888

• Gearhead
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 02:01:53 PM »
Thanks for the info!

I really like their top. Very similar look to our soft top.

I know you'll like yours when it arrives.

COMPOUND TURBOS (GT2860r & GT4294r) goal 800hp

CAR SPECS and PHOTOS:
https://www.facebook.com/SKY888CompoundTurbo

SPONSORS:
aeroforce.com, nitrofreeze.com, forgestar.com, splitsec.com, turbosmartonline.com, k1technologies.com, supertechperformance.com, specclutch.com, rceng.com, statusracing.com, tceperformanceproducts.com, burnsstainless.com, performanceautowerks.com, ddmworks.com, turbowerx.com, BTF