Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Your recalled/repaired ignition may be recalled again!  (Read 3763 times)

Offline DaveOC

• Master Tech
  • Running Wisconsin
Re: Your recalled/repaired ignition may be recalled again!
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2014, 03:33:42 PM »
Why was this made a sticky?

I just noticed it this morning.  Wonder who stickied it up?   Oops, now it's been un-stickied!

« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 03:37:39 PM by DaveOC »
Aggressive #000741

Offline DaveOC

• Master Tech
  • Running Wisconsin
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2014, 11:00:52 AM »
The following was posted by Grandpa Solstice in another recall thread on a different forum:

Quote from: GrandpaSolstice;1472050
Finally contacted Wes today.  He didn't give me his definition of "right back," but he did apologize.  He said he did order the parts because he couldn't find them and they have been coming in quickly recently.  I'm on hold while he checks with the parts department.

He came back on.  He said he ordered the parts on the 23rd and they came in today -- the 26th.  He also told me that there had been a hold on the process a while back when they thought maybe some bad replacements had been sent out, but the hold was released a day or two later.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/1472050-post92.html

If there was a hold placed on shipping recall parts, that could be the source of this rumor. 
Aggressive #000741

Offline DaveOC

• Master Tech
  • Running Wisconsin
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2014, 10:31:21 PM »
Another message posted to the Solsticeforum, verifying the recall of the recall:

Quote from: Sting Ya;1472570
I went to my local dealer (who did my recall ) to pick up some parts and stopped by the service desk to ask them about this and yes folks it's true .I asked if they could look up my vin and see if I'm one of the cars affected and was told that at this point they have no idea how many cars will be recalled because they have to cross reference the vin's to the bad part lot numbers and I should wait till I get another recall letter from GM if I get one at all and they could not give me any time frame when to expect this.I really love this car and my Vette but I got to tell you it really makes me wonder who is running the show up in Detroit!

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/1472570-post44.html
Aggressive #000741