Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: JPM Alcantara/Leather Long Term Durability?  (Read 2638 times)

Offline S.P.

• Master Tech
JPM Alcantara/Leather Long Term Durability?
« on: September 06, 2014, 05:48:13 PM »
Anyone have any long term experience with alcantara/leather pieces from JPM? Mostly wanting to know how well it holds up after months/years of normal wear and tear, and sunlight. I'm especially wanting to hear from anyone that has a steering wrapped in alcantara. Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 06:17:38 PM by S.P. »

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Re: JPM Alcantara/Leather Long Term Durability?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 08:47:19 AM »
I saw IslandHopper's seats at a mod meet, and they were frayed and pilling.  Don't see him on the forums much, but you could PM him, maybe?
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline Sting Ya

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 08:51:41 AM »
Just wondering if they are still making products for our cars I emailed them about a set of tan leather visor covers and they got back to me and said all they had was black and red and I got the impression that once those were gone that's it .If anyone knows of another vendor making these or some type of cover for the decals on the visor I would be interested .By the way I have Solstice image decals on it now but I'm not to excited about how they look .

Offline S.P.

• Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 02:17:25 PM »
Soup: Well, that's disappointing to hear. I wonder if that's just the inevitable, or because of poor maintenance. Islandhopper hasn't been active in almost 3 years, and his inbox is full. Oh well...

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 09:03:38 PM »
Islandhopper's car is well used and the wear and tear does show maybe more than most.  I know DBG also has a JPM interior and can tell you how its holding up, he's just away from the forum for a little while.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 11:51:47 PM »
Island hopper uses his seats for many many things .... :)
Make the right choices now

Offline spartan

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 03:53:09 PM »
I have my dash and center console covered in tan alcantara and it looks fine.  As seat material though I don't think it can be expected to hold up nearly as well as leather.

Offline Northern Sol

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 04:50:26 PM »
I have had a lot of my interior done in JPM black leather. Biggest piece is the boomerang. Joe originally tried to talk me out of it as he was concerned about sun damage on this piece. I did as he suggested. When car is parked in direct sunlight I always use a sun reflector. I also clean, moisturize / balm all of my leather pieces three times per year. My JPM leather is like the day I bought it.  :thumbs:

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 10:34:49 PM »
I have had a lot of my interior done in JPM black leather. Biggest piece is the boomerang. Joe originally tried to talk me out of it as he was concerned about sun damage on this piece. I did as he suggested.

OK that seems self contradictory.  Joe tried to talk you out of it, but you had it covered anyway?  Confused.

Plus are you talking Alcantara or leather :huh:
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline Northern Sol

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 05:56:07 PM »
Leather....thought I would add my 2 cents. Joe's concerns were more about doing it in a hot and sunny climate. I reminded him that I am in the land of Canuck and my Sol is parked for half the year due to winter. He then told me no problem and he gave me the tips about the sun reflector and leather maintenance.