Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: My Solstice LNF 2.0 to LT1 V8  (Read 2592 times)

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
My Solstice LNF 2.0 to LT1 V8
« on: September 11, 2014, 09:04:28 PM »
As you all can see my conversion is in my opinion the best of both worlds.

The Pontiac engineers and designers did a remarkable job on the Solstice.
The GXP LNF 2.0 engine with the KO4 turbo (mine is a bit modified) and a tune(from DDM), plus the suspension upgrades makes this iconic roadster, a pleasure to drive, and it will always be a head turner for years to come.

The new Stingray (mine is a 2015) Z51/3LT/7M Magnetic ride suspension, Crystal Red with Kalahari interior, PDR (front recording camera system), plus a few other extras is the best Corvette to come out of GM.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline cdflint

• Master Tech
Re: My Solstice LNF 2.0 to LT1 V8
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 09:09:25 PM »
ok, that beats a 6758 swap. Nice ride LV
She's an 09 Brazen GXP.

Covered by Norms Fiberglass, DDM, WERKS, KappaSphere, Trifecta performance, Dejon performance, Solo performance, Magnaflow, Hahn, VDI, B&G, ASAP, WindRestrictor, Gravana, JPM, Santana, Madmod, HID pro, Second Skin Audio, mydipkit, Automotivetouchup.com and Smoothline.

To be or not to be hard, that is the question. I prefer my top off and still hard when I need it.

Offline U4EA

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 10:01:18 PM »
Congrats on the new Stingray! I'm sure you are going to enjoy it. I'm holding out for the new Z06.
2007 Mysterious GXP Hard Loaded (all factory options avail. in 2007)
Trifecta Tune, GMPP Tune, GMPP CAI, Gm splash guards, Magnaflow 3" catback, DDM Race Backbone, "A" pillar gauge pod, Kapparoo pouch, Lil' Chromies, Gorgeous mirror, JPM center console & center grab handle, Windrestrictor V2 etched & lighted, Carolina Custom Upholstery door pockets, Kappakrap T2 decals, Custom front license plate relocation, Latin Venom Cooler, Fitted luggage, MBRP intercooler pipes, heat shield.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 12:13:45 AM »
Wow.
Make the right choices now

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 08:42:01 AM »
Until now I had only good thoughts about you Alvaro, from now on I going to hate you ;)

Awesome car ;)
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 04:54:09 PM »
Thanks guys.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 05:13:58 PM »
Sweet ride you going to autox it?
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2014, 05:05:59 PM »
No, I am not an Autox guy. Did that a long time ago for a couple of years.
Also did for a few years the 1/4 thing, had a 1964 Vette prep for it, also had a small dragster, but got to expensive and sold it.

There is however a sports track here in town and I may take it there.
Solstice GXP 2007.

Offline Jim

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2014, 08:56:44 PM »
Very NICE color combination! I also like the non-symmetrical setup with different handles and speaker setups for the driver and passenger. If I couldn't live without one, I'd probably get the exact same setup.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 09:01:17 PM by Jim »
The road to success is always under construction.

Offline POS VETT

• Master Tech
  • AINT YRS
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2014, 08:03:32 AM »
Very nice, LV. Congratulations! :)

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2014, 06:16:30 PM »
Thanks to all for the good words.
One thing I have noticed is my Tuned DDM Solstice is a tad quicker when going through 1st,2nd,3rd,4th and shifting each time at 4K RPM.
I know the 2015 Stingray is faster, once you get into the higher RPM's, but is interesting how the turbo pushing full torque at a lower RPM and the lower weight of the Solstice gets the edge at the lower RPM's.
Also the driving experience goes hands down to the Stingray although the Solstice can put a good effort but it just not enough.
Solstice GXP 2007.