Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: O2 sensor reading?  (Read 1513 times)

Offline Powermizer

• Apprentice/Gofer
O2 sensor reading?
« on: September 13, 2014, 09:49:04 PM »
Can anyone with a stock cat tell me the voltage you read at idle with a scan tool? I put a Solo catless on without getting a reading before I did it.  (Fell asleep) lol

Offline Powermizer

• Apprentice/Gofer
Re: O2 sensor reading?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 12:05:27 PM »
No one can tell me? I can turn off the code P0420, but I decided I would rathe fool the ECM in thinking the cat is on. I realy need a voltage reading. Don't make me put my cat back on. Somebody has to be able to help me. Thanks
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 02:26:05 PM by Powermizer »

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 08:02:36 PM »
I'm sure someone can tell you. I'd get it for ya' but I have a Solo cat so that's not gonna work.
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline tazz

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 09:22:56 PM »
Which o2 sensor reading?

Offline tazz

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 09:25:18 PM »
I imagine your talking about the post cat o2 sensor reading  and that one fluctuates quite a bit even at idle iirc.
500mv i think.
450mv to 680mv at idle in Park.  Depends on if just in park and idle not driven 450mv or driven and parked then let to idle 680mv.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 09:42:55 PM by tazz »

Offline Powermizer

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 09:45:46 PM »
The post 02 sensor is the one after the cat. A scan tool would say bank 1 sensor 2. The voltage after a good working cat stayes pretty even, doesn't range much. When it does range a lot, that is when you get the P0420 code for low efficient cat. That's why when you extend the O2 sensor out away from the pipe the voltage doesn't range as fast, it works. But there is more to the actual voltage than meets the eye. I have noticed most GM vehicles run at about five volts like Tazz said. I would like to have a for sure reading of the O2 sensor after the cat has warmed up. Thanks guy's.

Offline tazz

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 09:49:24 PM »
Mine never has even when they replaced with a NEW cat.

Offline tazz

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2014, 09:53:43 PM »
My cat is back on again since I took it in for warranty work before my extended warranty ran out.  I can get that figure for you tomorrow after I get off work.
Any special requests as far as if its warmed up hot and let cool a bit just normal driving and let idle for a few minutes then take the reading via DashHawk scanner which displays in mv.

Offline Powermizer

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2014, 09:58:21 PM »
Ya that's why I feel with this E69 ECM the actual voltage has a lot to do with the code being set. I guess I will see. Thanks tazz

Offline Powermizer

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2014, 10:01:00 PM »
If you could just drive it a while, then come to an idle and see where it ranges at. Thanks a lot.

Offline tazz

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2014, 10:05:29 PM »
When my original cat went bad and threw a code I want to say it was constantly above 750mv.

Offline tazz

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2014, 06:32:01 PM »
Well car was warmed up with a 25 min city drive coolant temp at 199*.
Let idle in park and the readout was 680mv.  One minute later it drops to 150mv and then takes 30 sec to level off at 550mv.  One minute later it again drops to 150mv and 30 sec later climbs to 525mv.  One minute later it drops again to 150mv and 30 sec later climbs to 620mv.  It levels off at 625-650mv for a few minutes then comes down to about 550mv and just kind of levels off there.

Offline Powermizer

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2014, 11:00:50 PM »
Thaks tazz, you saved me big time. It looks as if all GM post o2 sensors read about the same. I have not had one of these LNF's com into the shop yet. Seems weird since there is a few out there. Thanks again.