Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Anyone powder coat stock charge tubes?  (Read 1805 times)

Offline Billablehours

• Tech
Anyone powder coat stock charge tubes?
« on: September 14, 2014, 09:27:09 PM »
I was thinking about powder coating a set of stock charge tubes for a cosmetic option. Only $35 or so. Anybody done it?
I am thinking about painting the engine cover to match also. She is white with the red/black interior. What do you all think....red or white powder coat?

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: Anyone powder coat stock charge tubes?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 07:20:43 AM »
I powder coated mine but they weren't on there long as I didn't like the colour at the time, I did mine in red. What doesn't look right to me though might look great to you.

Elff did his powder coating under the hood in white on his white Sky and it looks sharp.
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Billablehours

• Tech
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 08:15:12 AM »
Elff's white looks great.  Hmmm that may be the way to go.

Offline Dave@DDMworks

• Vendor
  • Gearhead
    • DDMworks
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 10:49:29 AM »
We have powdercoated a couple sets of stock charge tubes in the past, they look pretty decent, especially if you spend just a little time and sand them and prep before powdercoat.
Dave Michel
DDMWorks
Sales - 864-438-4949
Tech Support - 864-907-6004

WWW.DDMworks.com
Dave@DDMWorks.com

Stage 3 Supercharged 2.4L - 314whp - 93 octane
Rotrex Supercharged 2.4L - 303whp - 93 octane
2871 Hybrid turbo 2.0L - 371whp - 93 octane

Offline critter

• Master Tech
  • Married, 4 grandkids
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 01:36:17 PM »
I was thinking about powder coating a set of stock charge tubes for a cosmetic option. Only $35 or so. Anybody done it?
I am thinking about painting the engine cover to match also. She is white with the red/black interior. What do you all think....red or white powder coat?

I have done my charge tubes and also added the same color to the valve cover. I misread the post on the other forum and confused engine cover and valve cover. Let the engine show. I am not enamored with plastic. You should also consider the replaceme3nt engines caps from MRZ. There are limited options but are much nicer than the plastic as well...HAve fun with it - it's yours....
I always wanted to be somebody when I grew up - I realize now that I should have been more specific!!

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 06:52:02 PM »
Mine were powdercoated the stock blue color.  I only painted the Wicked color (stock car paint) on the coupe 5 years ago and that is holding up just as well

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 06:56:30 PM »
Regular paint should hold up just fine on charge tunes. I did mine with satin black and loved the look. Can also use high temp grill paint if going black.
Make the right choices now