Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Code p0088 high fuel pressure  (Read 1919 times)

Offline Quad4racer

• Upgraded Member
  • Tech
Code p0088 high fuel pressure
« on: September 18, 2014, 04:21:53 AM »
Hey guys. I've got a 2007 GXP. I just started getting a code p0088 which means higher than requested fuel pressure. Has anyone gotten this code before? And what caused it?  I'm able to read data with an MSD Dashhawk. I can't read fuel pressure, but I'm getting  a catalytic converter temp of 1200 degrees driving in 5th gear at about 50 miles an hour. I've also seen the temps spike to 1600 degrees during 3/4 throttle accelerating from a traffic light. I'm leaning towards a failing pressure regulator in the HPFP, but I'm not sure. I'm hoping to get it fixed before I melt down the converter. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Eric
color matched windshield wipers is not a mod

Offline shabby

• Master Tech
Re: Code p0088 high fuel pressure
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 04:49:38 PM »
Cat temps are fine, the fuel pressure code is most likely due to shutting the car off and starting it up 10-20 min later when fuel pressure rises in the fuel rail to almost 2800psi.

Offline Quad4racer

• Upgraded Member
  • Tech
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 11:54:15 PM »
It never happened before.Now It happens every couple of days. There has to be something wrong. I've owned the car  since it was brand new, and it's never had this issue before.
Do you know why the pressure would rise in the fuel rail when the car is parked?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 12:37:10 AM by Quad4racer »

Offline POS VETT

• Master Tech
  • AINT YRS
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 07:07:43 AM »
If I could venture a guess, it's caused by the fuel itself warming up since there is no flow. The amount within the high pressure lines and the injectors must be expanding and since it's a returnless system, the volume expansion is contained. I have never gotten anything like that on mine. I'd start with pressure sensor and then the HPFP.

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 09:19:17 AM »
How many miles are one it?  Have you ever had the injector nozzles cleaned?
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Quad4racer

• Upgraded Member
  • Tech
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 01:07:00 AM »
The car has 52,000 miles. No, the injectors have never been cleaned. Is it something I can do at home? Or is it something that needs to be professionally done?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Eric

Offline shabby

• Master Tech
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 10:29:08 AM »
It never happened before.Now It happens every couple of days.

But did you start the car after its been sitting for less than 30 minutes? I usually get this code when going out to launch, right when i start the car the pressure is above 2000psi.

Offline Quad4racer

• Upgraded Member
  • Tech
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 10:04:33 PM »
It can happen anytime, all different types of drive cycles. The last time it happened was on my way to work in the morning. The car sat all night in the garage. I started it up and the light came on. It was still on when I got to work. 26 miles hiway drive. When I got to work I disconnected the ECM. It's been off for 2 days now. I ordered a fuel pressure sensor and a HPFP. I hope that's all it needs. It's the first time in 7 years that the car got a cel.