Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Anything else I can do?  (Read 1944 times)

Offline roxer

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
Anything else I can do?
« on: October 15, 2014, 08:49:40 AM »
So now after the GM tune and HFC, the car gets very good performance.  The HFC is what really made the engine work, sound and feel better.  Is there anything else that can be done, minus another tune or upgrading the turbo, to get a little more HP?  Without dynoing the car, I am guessing I am at ~300HP.  Is that a reasonable assumption?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 10:38:02 AM by roxer »
2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport - Still kicking!
2008 Polar Sky Redline - Auto - Fully Loaded
2007 Mysterious Solstice GXP - Current list of Mods

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
Re: Anything else I can do?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 01:31:16 PM »
Meth and dedicated tune for it ;) ...oh you said no other tune ... I tried many little things and in my opinion doesn't worth the trouble.

Don't touch intake, stock IC is ok for that power but is not holding long time in high power.

What I would do next? Enjoy it, drive it everywhere :thumbs:
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 07:44:23 AM »
GMPP tune is probably about 270 HP at the wheels.

Offline roxer

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 08:20:48 AM »
After reading wspohn's write up on his coupe, I started looking into the big wheel turbo mod/upgrade. I know it involves another tune, but it also looks like I don't have to make any other modifications to the engine. We have 93 octane all over here, so that's not an issue.  For those that have this, did it change your gas mileage better or worse? What are the consequences towards engine wear given the car is driven the same for both turbos? Is it just a replacement and a tune and that's it, or should I plan on upgrading the IC too? If this looks good, I need to start planning my (new) budget.  :thumbs:

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 07:32:48 PM »
Big wheel turbo upgrade doesn't worth the investment for the gains in my opinion. I didn't see big numbers from a big wheel turbo.
You can get that with E85 and dedicated tune without any hardware changes.
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline Jim

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 07:36:43 PM »
Someone on here had a ZFR turbo for sale recently for $1600 which is a smokin' deal. http://www.kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php/topic,10505.msg177684.html#msg177684

You would need to fabricate a wastegate bracket to make it work on the Kappa but that should be easy to do. Bolts on to the factory manifold and the remaining short list of pieces are readily available. An upgraded intercooler would be a smart move if you're going with more boost.
The road to success is always under construction.

Offline roxer

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2014, 01:19:54 PM »
Someone on here had a ZFR turbo for sale recently for $1600 which is a smokin' deal. http://www.kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php/topic,10505.msg177684.html#msg177684

You would need to fabricate a wastegate bracket to make it work on the Kappa but that should be easy to do. Bolts on to the factory manifold and the remaining short list of pieces are readily available. An upgraded intercooler would be a smart move if you're going with more boost.

Thanks for that. I think that's more modification to the car than I want to make. Maybe when I get another as a daily driver I might consider that. For now, the less changes the better.