Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: TomatoSoup's Next Mod Wish List  (Read 2600 times)

Offline 2kwk4u

• not really THAT quick
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
    • '06 Solstice bits and pieces photo gallery
TomatoSoup's Next Mod Wish List
« on: November 12, 2014, 07:10:17 AM »
Every once in awhile, TomatoSoup will let slip a mod he's done, then have to post a quick "how-to" at someone's request.  I really don't think he likes to do that, as he surely knows how much it crushes all of our egos.  He does, however take what must be an immense amount of time to put together these detailed posts with pictures and diagrams so that anyone else insanely skilled can duplicate them.

His latest example is the touch-sensitive and backlit heated seat controllers with his own fabricated circuit board that allows for three levels of heat: http://www.kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php/topic,10586.msg179175.html#msg179175

Other examples are his boost gauge that replaced the passenger airbag light (but still incorporated the light, too!):http://www.kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php/topic,8865.msg141881.html#msg141881

And his projector headlights that put all others to shame:  http://www.kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php/topic,9292.msg153299.html#msg153299

I'm f*#$in' around with BiC pens on a scrollsaw, thinking I'm hot $h*t and meanwhile this guy is devising advanced circuits, laser etching his own multi-colored overlays and building miniature iPads to control his seat warmers!  But I think I've figured it out. 

You're Q, aren't you, Marc?

It's the only explanation that makes sense - and allows me to still feel like I can go on with my own home-brew mods and not be laughed at.

With this in mind, I've come up with a short list of what mods I'd like to see TS take on next.  Please add to the list in this thread as you all see fit:

1) Blind spot detection system, lane departure warning and adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go

2) Dual pane panoramic sunroof for coupes and convertibles

3) Night vision camera with holographic HUD display

4) Self-protection jammer, chaff and flare dispensers

Marc, if you've already done these mods, please post one of your very-detailed show and tell threads so we can all duplicate them  :urock:

Offline Helios

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Play Hard; Drive Harder!
Re: TomatoSoup's Next Mod Wish List
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 09:43:21 AM »

2) Dual pane panoramic sunroof for coupes and convertibles

3) Night vision camera with holographic HUD display

4) Self-protection jammer, chaff and flare dispensers

2) That would be great! Doesn't the Tesla S have some kind of panoramic sunroof? I'm thinking of fiberglassing a custom hardtop which will have the trunk lid incorporated into it. Maybe I should get some dimensions for a panoramic sunroof from an existing car so that the glass is readily available.

3) There's a system like this, but it doesn't have a HUD. It has an LCD screen. Driver's visual enhancement (DVE) for short.

http://www.drs.com/products/rsta/dvew.aspx

4) It would be nice to incorporate BOL chaff into the side skirts. Cool effect to shoot out little pieces of glittery metal.

http://www.saabgroup.com/en/Air/Electronic_Warfare_Solutions/Counter_Measure_Dispenser_Systems/BOL_Advanced_Countermeasure_Dispenser/

"Gwyneth"
V8 swap in progress
RPi GT/ SOLO Exhaust

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 09:46:04 AM »
You're Q, aren't you, Marc?

[...]

Marc, if you've already done these mods, please post one of your very-detailed show and tell threads so we can all duplicate them

I would... but then I'd have to shoot you.
By the way, we MI6 types don't spell our name in that sissy french way :lol:

But on this same theme, I HAVE been mulling over doing an infrared proximity system - to avoid front bumper lip scrapes <cue James Bond theme>.
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 03:02:28 PM »
I vote for Plug & play LED headlights kit.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 11:37:19 AM »
How much does it cost to rent a Mark for the weekend?
Make the right choices now

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 12:04:14 PM »
In Germany it would cost you quite a few Marks
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline cdflint

• Master Tech
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 12:17:53 PM »
I vote for Plug & play LED headlights kit.

I vote for this. TS, it's LED. How can your car not have this? Can they go in the projectors?
She's an 09 Brazen GXP.

Covered by Norms Fiberglass, DDM, WERKS, KappaSphere, Trifecta performance, Dejon performance, Solo performance, Magnaflow, Hahn, VDI, B&G, ASAP, WindRestrictor, Gravana, JPM, Santana, Madmod, HID pro, Second Skin Audio, mydipkit, Automotivetouchup.com and Smoothline.

To be or not to be hard, that is the question. I prefer my top off and still hard when I need it.

Offline cdflint

• Master Tech
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, 11:55:31 AM »
I could not find h1 led's that were Hi/Lo to go in the projectors.  :( Ah well maybe next year.
She's an 09 Brazen GXP.

Covered by Norms Fiberglass, DDM, WERKS, KappaSphere, Trifecta performance, Dejon performance, Solo performance, Magnaflow, Hahn, VDI, B&G, ASAP, WindRestrictor, Gravana, JPM, Santana, Madmod, HID pro, Second Skin Audio, mydipkit, Automotivetouchup.com and Smoothline.

To be or not to be hard, that is the question. I prefer my top off and still hard when I need it.