Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: In search of...18x11 wheels  (Read 1520 times)

Offline CLH

• Premium Member
  • Tech
In search of...18x11 wheels
« on: November 16, 2014, 02:24:12 PM »
Apologies in advance for the cross-post that I'm about to do on the three Solstice/Sky-related forums, but I'm working on my off-season autocross budget and a key item for this year is going wide on wheels.

I have several options if I want to buy new, but I thought I'd check in with the Solstice/Sky autocross crowd to see if anyone has a set of 18x11 wheels gathering dust in their garage that they want to sell. Even if they aren't 18x11, if you have a set of 18x9.5+ I'd love to hear what you've got.

PM me if you have something I might be interested in.

Thanks!

Chris

Offline DrJones

• Master Tech
Re: In search of...18x11 wheels
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 06:46:43 AM »
I had to get mine from CCW.
18x11 with 8" back spacing.
In the rear I had to use a 1" spacer (will need ARP studs but you should run those anyways since the stock one's are playdough).

I'm currently running 18x10 to avoid a 100 lb weight penalty. I just swapped the inner halfs for an 1" narrower shell. This also let me get rid of the 1" spacer in the rear and thus make the car 2" narrower than before.
2007 - GXP - White
F-Prepared - Crazy Monkey Racing
Westers Garage/Norms Fiberglass/AVON TYRES

Offline username

• Tech
Re: In search of...18x11 wheels
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 01:11:28 PM »
CCW will make you some good wheels that fit. They're pretty fast, as well!