Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Terra Clean  (Read 3860 times)

Offline crisco

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • My Precious!
Terra Clean
« on: February 02, 2015, 01:51:41 PM »
Has anyone seen/used this product?
http://www.terraclean.net/product.php?id=1
My Precious! 2007  Solstice GXP, Aggressive, Santana Cup Holder, Beachparty Fuse Box Cover,DDM Backbone Brace, DDM Performance Probeam, DDM Latin Venom Brace, DDM Oil Catch Can (Red), DDM LNF Intake Tube (Red), DDM Radiator Hose (Red), Wind Restricter, Solo Performance Mach Shorty Exhaust,...more to come!

Offline Sting Ya

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Re: Terra Clean
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 11:33:47 AM »
Seems like a lot of work and who knows how much this treatment costs maybe if your fuel system was neglected but I wonder if this is really necessary .I run a couple of bottles of Chevron  Techron fuel system cleaner during the summer months when my car is out and only use name brand gas either Shell or Sunoco, when I store my car in the winter months I always use a fuel stabilizer .I've never had any type of injector issues and I've replaced my plugs a few times and they always have been clean .       

Offline crisco

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • My Precious!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 12:20:08 PM »
I was just wondering, it looked good. But didn't know of anyone who had done this. My car has just started to loose a little bit of mileage. I was going to use Seafoam and see how that is. I always run Premium Fuel. I have about 46000 mi. on her and was going to pull sparks out and check and or replace. I saw this on the Sky/Solstice Facebook page and was curious if anybody else  heard or seen it in action and what their thoughts were.
Thanks Sting Ya!
My Precious! 2007  Solstice GXP, Aggressive, Santana Cup Holder, Beachparty Fuse Box Cover,DDM Backbone Brace, DDM Performance Probeam, DDM Latin Venom Brace, DDM Oil Catch Can (Red), DDM LNF Intake Tube (Red), DDM Radiator Hose (Red), Wind Restricter, Solo Performance Mach Shorty Exhaust,...more to come!

Offline normsf

• Vendor
  • Master Tech
  • Norms Fiberglass
    • Norms Fiberglass
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 09:05:34 PM »
Hello, Ive heard 2oz of Marvel Mystery Oil works great in your fuel tank. Lubes the fuel injection and valves too.

Offline tazz

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 10:51:11 PM »
in our cars how can it really lube the valves??
one reason why our DI cars are suseptible to carbon because the vavles do not get fuel sprayed onto them.
Am I wrong?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 10:54:13 PM by tazz »

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 11:04:19 PM »
I've heard that a tablespoon of sugar works wonders in the gas tank

Offline normsf

• Vendor
  • Master Tech
  • Norms Fiberglass
    • Norms Fiberglass
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 12:33:37 AM »
I've heard that a tablespoon of sugar works wonders in the gas tank
Hello, and I thought you were sweet.

Offline normsf

• Vendor
  • Master Tech
  • Norms Fiberglass
    • Norms Fiberglass
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 12:36:44 AM »
in our cars how can it really lube the valves??
one reason why our DI cars are suseptible to carbon because the vavles do not get fuel sprayed onto them.
Am I wrong?
Hmmm, valves open and close in the combustion chamber. The fuel additive lubes and cleans the valve seats and stems, preventing carbon build up. I think!

Offline Sting Ya

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 08:15:45 AM »
I've used Seafoam it was originally developed for outboard motors I believe ,for years in my small engines it's a great additive keeps everything clean one other item that I have used in the past is a fuel treatment by Lucas Bros. it also cleans up the fuel system and has an additive that lubricates .One thing I want to add to my earlier post in regards to using Chevron if it's the first time run 2 or 3 bottles through your fuel (add a bottle with each fill up) to really clean your system then once again a bottle or two throughout the year and you should be good to go .I've had a few cars with well over 200000 miles on them and have never had any problems with carburetors or fuel injectors   

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 10:04:12 AM »
Hello, and I thought you were sweet.

:D
ive used Seafoam. Works especially good on lawn eq

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2015, 12:09:46 PM »
Hmmm, valves open and close in the combustion chamber. The fuel additive lubes and cleans the valve seats and stems, preventing carbon build up. I think!
No.  Not really. 

The valves are (mostly) not open when fuel is being (directly) injected into the engine.  Even if they were partially open, the inrush of air prevents any fuel getting back into and around the stems.  So, no lubrication or cleaning of the stems or valve backs.
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline Robotech

• Master Tech
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2015, 08:24:50 PM »
No.  Not really. 

The valves are (mostly) not open when fuel is being (directly) injected into the engine.  Even if they were partially open, the inrush of air prevents any fuel getting back into and around the stems.  So, no lubrication or cleaning of the stems or valve backs.

Also TS would it also be of no benefit to the exhaust valves as once they were open there would be very little of the additive in the burnt fuel and backpressure is there to keep the new fuel in the chamber during overlap so you wouldn't see any affects there either right? I'm not sure exactly when you DI cars squirt your fuel in the cycle compared to when the valves are open.

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2015, 08:33:07 PM »
Related but not a direct response to the above couple of posts

I think it's also been determined that while adding Meth aids in  tuning due to the higher octane, it does not really help with the carbon build up

Offline POS VETT

• Master Tech
  • AINT YRS
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2015, 08:51:11 AM »
Rapid carbon build up on the intake valve is indeed a problem in direct-injection engines since there is no fuel passing by the valve "back" side. The build up is a deposit of oil vapor form the PCV system. BMW recognizes it and they have a cleaning procedure involving walnut-shell blasting. My K2XX has direct injection and one of the forums has information and photographs of intake valve deposit at low mileage. A local speed shop has walnut shell blasting service for vehicles with a direct-injection engine.

On a slightly different note, I just came across this thread and I just realized that this problem is currently not a big issue in this forum. It feels kind of surreal as I'm typing this response.

Offline POS VETT

• Master Tech
  • AINT YRS
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2015, 08:52:58 AM »
One more thing. The Terra Clean will not touch the intake valve back side. It will perform its function for the injectors and the rest of the fuel delivery paths.

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2015, 03:48:29 PM »
Rapid carbon build up on the intake valve is indeed a problem in direct-injection engines since there is no fuel passing by the valve "back" side. The build up is a deposit of oil vapor form the PCV system. BMW recognizes it and they have a cleaning procedure involving walnut-shell blasting. My K2XX has direct injection and one of the forums has information and photographs of intake valve deposit at low mileage. A local speed shop has walnut shell blasting service for vehicles with a direct-injection engine.

On a slightly different note, I just came across this thread and I just realized that this problem is currently not a big issue in this forum. It feels kind of surreal as I'm typing this response.
Based what I saw in my engine we don't have big issues with that, the BMW throw a lot more oil vapors, i never had oil residues in my intake system, I checked the intake pipes at every 5000-7000 miles and no oil marks, no matter I was drag racing, running 450tq, pushing above 25psi from bigger turbos I found no indication of oil vapors.

Belive it or not, latest engines from the european cars are very very bad (Audi/VW, BMW, Merc) and very weak in terms of upgrading the power and keeping them stock.

Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!