Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Engine Fan control module replacement  (Read 8831 times)

Offline Dmajor

• Apprentice/Gofer
Engine Fan control module replacement
« on: March 08, 2015, 07:39:10 PM »
I removed the fan housing today from my 2007 Sky redline. I checked the module numbers and found they match the same module on a crown vic fan module. Does anyone have info on this. I can get a module of ebay for 40.00 instead of a whole new shroud assembly.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 11:49:44 PM by Sly Bob, Reason: Modified title »

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: Engine Fan control module
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 09:09:45 PM »
First of all welcome to the forum.

You can't get the module separately for the RL but if the module is the same as on the Crown Vic, then I don't see why it wouldn't work. Parts like this are manufactured by suppliers for many different car companies.

Please report back as to how make out with the swap. Did a little looking around and the Crown Vic controller sure LOOKS the same. What year Crown Vic? 2008?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 09:24:51 PM by Sly Bob »
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 10:25:23 PM »
Someone was just saying this on one of the BBs, recently. He said he was going to try it.
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline Dmajor

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 10:58:44 PM »
Well I recived my crown Vic module yesterday. Installed it and it works perfectly.
I will post if any problems arise in the future. It cost 34.00 on eBay.

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 10:36:00 AM »
Fantastic news!  Thanks!
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline SolNut

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 06:33:32 PM »
Woo Hoo !

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 11:47:25 PM »
That is DEFINATELY good news. Gotta make this thread a sticky and thanks for following through with the heads up Dmajor!    :yay:

Would it be possible for you to give us a heads up as to where you ordered it and the Ford part number?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 11:51:24 PM by Sly Bob »
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Rogue

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Re: Engine Fan control module replacement
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 03:59:03 PM »
I just installed one of these on GXPsy yesterday. I looked up Dorman (902-209) and Standard Products (RY-1532), and found a part by Extreme Amazing (XA) that cross referenced to both the Dorman and Standard part numbers. On Amazon for $24.00 delivered. It works. For how long, I can't say. For $24.00 I'm willing to find out. Also, I did not have to remove the fan assembly to swap it out. I removed the passenger side charge tube, and the clean air tube to access the module. Pretty easy, actually.
Go N.A.K.3.D..

Offline Rogue

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2018, 07:27:51 AM »
Follow up on the fan module replacement. Pat drove GXPsy to work yesterday (Wednesday) and reports that the coolant temps hovered between 201 and 208 for the entire commute. That, along with the exhaust manifold gasket replacement has Pat happily enjoying more of the now famous permagrins that go along with these great little cars.
Go N.A.K.3.D..

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2018, 11:48:22 AM »
Great!

Did you ever actually sell your coupe, or are you still driving it?

Offline Rogue

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 06:54:30 PM »
I'm still driving Rogue, sort of. In, and out of, the garage so the band can practice. Too many cars, not enough time to enjoy them. I have it listed right now on the Pontiac-Oakland club site, may add it to Ebay soon. Interests and priorities shift. Pat has her GXPsy, I have Billy (2006 GTO) along with a 2008 GMC Crew cab, a Chevrolet TBSS, and a 1976 Triumph TR6. With only two of us that's a lot of annual maintenance, insurance registration fees, taxes, etc. Pat's father has gifted us with most of his 60+ year collection of assorted firearms. We've had to add several safes, and the guns typically need a lot of TLC so I'm now working toward my FFL Gunsmith license while honing my skills putting the collection into good serviceable condition. Hobbies can be expensive!
Go N.A.K.3.D..