Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Looking for BCM Diagram / Pinout for Remote Start (2010)  (Read 7381 times)

Offline ChrisPrice

• Tech
    • ChristopherPrice.net
Looking for BCM Diagram / Pinout for Remote Start (2010)
« on: March 21, 2015, 10:17:48 PM »
I'm looking for a BCM diagram for the Solstice that lists all the C1, C2, etc connectors and what the wires are linked to.

Preferably for the 2010 Solstice or Sky.

Reason being I'm literally one wire away from probably making remote start to work. I have the BCM flashed with remote start on, and the key fob sends the command, but the car won't remote start until the hood check is bypassed.

I have tried comparing to the HHR/Cobalt, but the pinout appears too different. For example the purple wire on the HHR is running to something else on the Solstice/Sky.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 06:08:42 AM by DeepBlueGXP, Reason: changed title »

Offline Sting Ya

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Re: Looking for BCM Diagram / Pinout
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 10:48:46 PM »
Try commandocaralarms .com they offer free wiring diagrams

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 07:03:03 AM »
Hood check bypass?  We have one of those?  I don't recall any wiring going to the latches or any button that would be depressed when the hood is closed.

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 10:21:37 AM »
Agree with DBG, I looked through the schematics I have... no (front) Hood Ajar switch or wire.  I seem to recall that the 2010's were special and they added the switch for this function.  In which case, look at the hood latches... one of them should have the switch and you can either try to follow the wire back, or just bypass at the latch itself (?)

One last thing you can try is to look on Autozone's site.  Join (free) and plug in your car details.  Under their Maintenance section, you'll find your car schematics.
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline ChrisPrice

• Tech
    • ChristopherPrice.net
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 02:10:09 PM »
The 2010 units have the hood latch sensor, and remote start was an available option... available on all 12 of them. So it should be in the 2010 official service manual (which GM is still publishing, thankfully).

Really I was hoping someone had already paid the $200 to buy those and could check.

Offline ChrisPrice

• Tech
    • ChristopherPrice.net
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 02:18:43 PM »
One last thing you can try is to look on Autozone's site.  Join (free) and plug in your car details.  Under their Maintenance section, you'll find your car schematics.

They only have guides for the first Kappa's (none for '09's even - oddly). But the big problem is their guides are problem-specific. They don't have a wiring diagram for how to replace the BCM harness. I've seen the GM diagram's before... unfortunately, in the giant/expensive service books.

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 09:38:03 AM »
This isn't any help to you is it?

Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline DrJones

• Master Tech
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 09:49:55 AM »
I have shop manuals (yes two books) for an '07 GXP.
And I just happen to have gone through the C1 - C4 BCM connectors while removing excess wiring from the car.
I don't recall seeing anything like you mention for the '07 connector diagrams.

I'm traveling right now for 2 weeks so I probably won't be any help.
2007 - GXP - White
F-Prepared - Crazy Monkey Racing
Westers Garage/Norms Fiberglass/AVON TYRES

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 12:28:29 PM »
This is the layout of the BCM connector on the 2010 but I don't know that this is of much use as it doesn't appear as there are any connections on C1-C4.

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline ChrisPrice

• Tech
    • ChristopherPrice.net
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015, 12:18:29 AM »
This is the layout of the BCM connector on the 2010 but I don't know that this is of much use as it doesn't appear as there are any connections on C1-C4.

Very, very close! I need the X1 & X2 diagrams, or C1/C2 in some manuals. X3 is the wrong connector - it never has the latch sensor, but those are the right diagrams.

I know the diagrams exist because I have seen the same document for HHR, just different pinout. Like this one: http://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/attachments/general-hhr-4/6148d1263407992-hood-switch-testing-need-help-bcm-pinouts.jpg (Pin 3 & 4 on HHR, but on Kappa it appears those pins are used for something else, so the 2010 service manual should have an alternate diagram for X1 & X2 with the right pins for AP3).
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 12:36:30 AM by ChrisPrice »

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2015, 09:53:14 AM »
Here's the X1 and X2 connectors for the 2010 Solstice. I don't know why the X1 file doesn't have an illustration of the connector as the others do.

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 12:28:20 PM »
Were those PDFs any help? I can put X4 up if you think you might need it.

Offline ChrisPrice

• Tech
    • ChristopherPrice.net
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2015, 01:14:41 AM »
Yeah, let's see X4 if you can. Fingers crossed, hopefully it's on X4.

The really odd thing is that all the wiring is different from HHR/Cobalt. There should be a wire that lists the "Hood latch sensor (AP3)"

Or something like that. Since 2010 Solstice/Sky Auto's had optional remote start, that should be on X1-X4.

I'm starting to fear someone didn't update the documentation and just copy-pasted the '09 wiring since only 20 were sold... really hoping they just wired it into X4 at the last minute...

Did notice something interesting. The X3 diagram lists Pin B6-B7 as "Not Available" rather than "Not Used" as on all the others. I doubt it's the hood latch, but I do suspect it may be the Opel GT Rear Fog Light control. Theoretically you would wire one to the switch and the other to the rear fog light.

I did notice that the 2010 BCM lists a Homelink Flash 2 Pass system. Looks like they were integrating a popular mod to allow the hi-beams to send an RF signal to HomeLink garage door openers. Pin 51 on the X2 connector.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 01:55:19 AM by ChrisPrice »

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2015, 09:11:09 AM »
Unfortunately the connection you are looking for doesn't appear to be available on the BCM, at least it isn't documented. Sorry I couldn't be more help and once again there is no illustration of the connector involved.

Offline ChrisPrice

• Tech
    • ChristopherPrice.net
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2015, 09:15:38 PM »
Thanks... it does help though. Two theories:

1) The diagrams are old and someone lazy copy-pasted them from 2009 at the end of the Pontiac shutdown.
2) The hood latch connector on 2010 auto-start Kappa's was using some GMLAN relay that doesn't route directly into the BCM.

The former is the most likely. The latter is possible... but would be a real stretch.

Easiest path from here: Pop open one of the 2010's with remote start and compare BCM wires.

Alternate path: Ground every wire on the BCM not listed on the diagrams... one by one.

Edit: Did notice another "Not Available" on the X4. I'm going to start grounding all the not-available wires on X3 and X4. If one is the Opel GT rear fog... the other may be remote start.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 09:22:23 PM by ChrisPrice »