Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: WERKSracing GM DI Valve cleaning service  (Read 5670 times)

Offline werks

• Vendor
  • Master Tech
WERKSracing GM DI Valve cleaning service
« on: March 24, 2015, 03:25:31 PM »
Our proven WERKSracing GM Direct Injection Walnut Shell blast cleaning service is now available for your GM Direct Injection engine. Dirty intake valve from direct injection engines can causing sticky or hanging intake valves leading to poor engine idle and running conditions in addition to misfires and CELs.

Recommend at 60,000 miles, our walnut shell blast cleaning service blasts the intake valves clean and makes them perform and look like new!  :buff:

Service includes -

Walnut blast cleaning of intake valves
New PCV valve (where applicable)
New intake manifold gasket (where applicable)

Before -

After -

The servie and more information is available here for $600.00 - http://www.performanceautowerks.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2072
Dave Gilbert
Performance Autowerks, Inc.
Phone - 815-439-4547
Fax - 815-439-6751
WERKS MAX Power Solstice GXP LNF - "50 Trim" WERKs turbo - 109 Octane - 415whp/428ftlbs
Anthony's SKY Redline LNF - GT35R - 93 Octane/Water/Meth - 442whp/414ftlbs
Ricky's Solstice LE5 '50 trim" WERKS turbo - 93 Octane/Water/Meth - 374whp/358ftlbs
Matt's Cobalt SS LNF Billet 55/57 WERKs turbo - 93 Octane - 442whp/450ftlbs
www.performanceautowerks.com
info@performanceautowerks.com

Offline critter

• Master Tech
  • Married, 4 grandkids
Re: WERKSracing GM DI Valve cleaning service
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 06:48:33 PM »
Like I said on the other thread, these are actual fotos taken during this service from my car. I was astonished when I first saw these. Critter
I always wanted to be somebody when I grew up - I realize now that I should have been more specific!!

Offline Sting Ya

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 08:14:55 PM »
The sad part about all this  technology is issues like this , so I have a car with 60 thousand miles on it and I have to pay someone 600 dollars  to clean things up and  make it run right .I've driven cars over 250 thousand miles and other then normal maintenance never had problems like this .My last Buick Estate Wagon with a 350 chevy based engine  had 250 plus and the most expensive repair that I had into it was an ECM replacement because of a moisture issue and that cost me all of 400 bucks .     

Offline Rockchops

• Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 10:26:29 PM »

The sad part about all this  technology is issues like this , so I have a car with 60 thousand miles on it and I have to pay someone 600 dollars  to clean things up and  make it run right .I've driven cars over 250 thousand miles and other then normal maintenance never had problems like this .My last Buick Estate Wagon with a 350 chevy based engine  had 250 plus and the most expensive repair that I had into it was an ECM replacement because of a moisture issue and that cost me all of 400 bucks .     

I consider it a maintenance item, no different than something like a timing belt. IMHO a fine trade off for the great mileage and power from these little gems.

Sent from an abacus

Offline Sting Ya

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 10:04:49 AM »
And it still had the original "timing chain" and at 600 dollars a pop that's a pretty expensive maintenance item for a lot of people especially if it needs to be done at those intervals . 

Offline Jim

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 10:30:24 AM »
While I haven't had my intake manifold off yet, I'm curious to know how much the methanol injection might help with keeping the intake valves clean or what the difference is with and without the methanol. I will pull the manifold sometime in the near future because I will need to replace the fuel injector seals as I have been running E43 for 7 months so I'll get a chance to see what they look like. My car currently has 35,000 miles and it's never skipped a beat.

Would there be a price break if we brought our own walnuts?  :D
The road to success is always under construction.

Offline werks

• Vendor
  • Master Tech
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 10:43:26 AM »
While I haven't had my intake manifold off yet, I'm curious to know how much the methanol injection might help with keeping the intake valves clean or what the difference is with and without the methanol. I will pull the manifold sometime in the near future because I will need to replace the fuel injector seals as I have been running E43 for 7 months so I'll get a chance to see what they look like. My car currently has 35,000 miles and it's never skipped a beat.

Would there be a price break if we brought our own walnuts?  :D

Actually water/meth injection into the intake manifold is highly recommend, not just for power purposes but for cleaning purposes.  We have pulled intake manifolds off cars with meth injection and the intake valves are usually very clean.  I understand BMW is toying around with putting this in their production cars in the near future for this exact purpose.

Sorry no discounts if you bring in your own shells :(
Dave Gilbert
Phone - 815-439-4547
Fax - 815-439-6751
WERKS MAX Power Solstice GXP LNF - "50 Trim" WERKs turbo - 109 Octane - 415whp/428ftlbs
Ricky's Solstice LE5 '50 trim" WERKS turbo - 93 Octane/Water/Meth - 374whp/358ftlbs

Offline Chew

• Premium Member
  • Tech
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 10:57:18 AM »
How long does this service take to perform, Dave? Just in case an out of state-er might want to take a few days off and come get it done.
2007 Cool Liquid Silver GXP.

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 11:48:01 AM »
 I would assume taking off the Intake Manifold would take longer than the blasting so the car would be done the day of the appointment.

That's nice before and after picture. Really shows how much of a difference that makes. 

What is the longest amount of time you have checked valves after a Kappa had Meth installed?  I am very curious on how much of a difference it makes and will be running it on my car.

Offline Sting Ya

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 12:01:25 PM »
ellf brings up a good point here at around 480 bucks (Summit Racing) it's probably cheaper in the long run to get a Meth injection set up and run it .

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 12:07:30 PM »
and it's cool to be able to say your Kappa is
Breaking Bad
and/or
has a Meth Addiction
:D

Even with Meth, This cleaning will need to be done.  I am just curious if anyone has any empirical data on how much of a difference the Meth makes from a mileage point of view.

Offline werks

• Vendor
  • Master Tech
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 02:15:59 PM »
The meth idea is a great way to keep the valve clean, no doubt about it.  We have pulled intakes off car running meth with around 30K on them and they look like new, virtually zero oil buildup on the valves.
Dave Gilbert
Phone - 815-439-4547
Fax - 815-439-6751

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2015, 03:30:11 PM »
Wow.  That's pretty good.

Offline Jim

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2015, 04:49:49 PM »
That's good to hear! I installed the methanol setup when I installed the WR3 which is close to a year now. If I can find the time to replace the injector seals, I'll try to remember to get a couple pics of the valves while I have the manifold off.
The road to success is always under construction.

Offline Sting Ya

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2015, 07:00:14 PM »
Would an oil catch can system like DDM offers eliminate or lessen this problem ?

Offline werks

• Vendor
  • Master Tech
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2015, 09:52:54 PM »
Would an oil catch can system like DDM offers eliminate or lessen this problem ?

I have not seen the DDM can lessen the amount of oil in the intake tract.  We are working on putting the finishing touches on our new air/oil separator system hopefully to be released sometime this spring or summer.  Powells air/oil separator works pretty well to help keep oil out of the intake tract.
Dave Gilbert
Phone - 815-439-4547
Fax - 815-439-6751