Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: I know it doesn't belong here/terrible plane crash Germanwings 03/24/2015  (Read 13540 times)

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Diana,  All flights in and out of the states regardless of origin must comply with US regulations,  I'm not sure what happens if there is a stop outside of the US first.  Not sure about that leg.  Most if not all of the governing aviation bodies have said that they are incorporating the US policy immediately.

That's what I thought regarding the flights in and out of the US, but wasn't 100%.  If I recall correctly, there must be at least 3 pilots on an international flight expected to be over...what is it?...8 hours.  Because they have to have 2 flying and 1 reliever since there is a restriction on consecutive flight hours (commercial).  I had a good chat with a flight attendant (and the pilot before we took off) last time I flew back from Europe.  I'm fortunate that my company allows us to fly business class across the pond so I was in the 1st row for that flight.  Actually, that was a US crew on an American flight coming back.  Anyway, the flight attendants job (at least at American) was quite interesting with regards to their flight requirements/month, age, hour restrictions, etc.

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
Unions play a big part in flight schedules too.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
He could be the lone wolf that ISSIS and other terrorist organizations go after.
It is very difficult to find where a suicidal person tries to take a large number of people with him/her.
The massacre in schools and other venues are not the same as people that are depress and want to commit suicide.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline Sting Ya

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
This like the Malaysia airline disappearance may never have an answer as to why unless some terrorist  group or individual steps forward to claim responsibility and I really have to wonder at this point if the only reason someone or group  is doing this is to gain some publicity as we have seen before . Whatever the reason or cause celebre the answer to this tragedy went down with the plane .     

Offline Ironhide

• Master Tech
Latest news about the copilot!

It seems that he had personality disorder.

He was on sick leave and not allowed to fly a plane, but he concealed that from his employer (hope that's correct English / too much German in the last time).

Lufhansa admitted that the two person rule would have prevented the crash (in other words they admitted that it has been a big failure).

By the way, what kind of idiot wants the U.S. to install these crap German / European bumpers  on fine U.S. cars? :slap:
Oliver  :usa:

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
I'm traveling far away in the near future. If I go the way of the Bubal hartebeest , I've had a fantastic life and I am content with how I've lived.
Make the right choices now

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
Trust me GJ there is always more you want to do, especially if you think you have run out of time.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
There is a million things I want to do. I fully recognize that. I'm just saying- I have no regrets thus far. I'll fight till the end, but in the end, I'll die happy.

Offline U4EA

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Right now we have to suffer these stupid pedestrian bumpers on new cars enforced by European regulations. 
Its time a sensible safety regulation is pushed to them
The one part of my C7 I do not care for...

« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 09:13:38 PM by U4EA »
2007 Mysterious GXP Hard Loaded (all factory options avail. in 2007)
Trifecta Tune, GMPP Tune, GMPP CAI, Gm splash guards, Magnaflow 3" catback, DDM Race Backbone, "A" pillar gauge pod, Kapparoo pouch, Lil' Chromies, Gorgeous mirror, JPM center console & center grab handle, Windrestrictor V2 etched & lighted, Carolina Custom Upholstery door pockets, Kappakrap T2 decals, Custom front license plate relocation, Latin Venom Cooler, Fitted luggage, MBRP intercooler pipes, heat shield.

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Latest news about the copilot!

It seems that he had personality disorder.

He was on sick leave and not allowed to fly a plane, but he concealed that from his employer (hope that's correct English / too much German in the last time).

Lufhansa admitted that the two person rule would have prevented the crash (in other words they admitted that it has been a big failure).

By the way, what kind of idiot wants the U.S. to install these crap German / European bumpers  on fine U.S. cars? :slap:

Right.  I think this guy lost it and didn't think a thing about the people on board with him.

Here's a story that I can relate this to, assuming what I said above is true:  My dad's mother was killed by a train.  It was January in the early 1940's.  She had gotten into a fight with my grandfather.  Her father was sick in town so she started walking the tracks.  People walked the tracks to get to town all the time back then.  It was very cold...-10 F or so.  The engineer saw her and blew his whistle several times.  She never heard the train.  She should have been able to feel the train.  She certainly should have been able to hear the train right behind her.  As the story goes, he put on the brakes about 1/2 mile or so before he hit her and he was constantly blowing the whistle.  So why didn't she hear the train? There was nothing wrong with her hearing and she certainly wasn't depressed from what the family remembers.  The only explanation we have is that she was in such a focused state of thought between the fight, the cold, and her dad that she simply didn't notice the train whistle until it was too late and she wasn't able to get out of the way.  Apparently she did try to get off the tracks at the last minute.

I feel this is similar.  Assuming the guy was in a poor mental state, that guy was so focused on an opportunity in what in his mind would be an instant death (if you're going to do it, you want it to be quick right?) that he simply did not think about the other people on the plane.  And I bet you anything, his mind was racing so much he never heard the tower or the pilot banging on the door.  He blocked it all out.

Or he's a terriorist, but usually a terrorist group is pretty excited to claim responsibility for something as glorious (in their mind) as a plane crash such as this.  We may never know.

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
I had read a report that this pilot had told his ex that one day he would do something that would make everyone know his name.  I would guess that is what he was thinking he was accomplishing.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline critter

• Master Tech
  • Married, 4 grandkids
I had read a report that this pilot had told his ex that one day he would do something that would make everyone know his name.  I would guess that is what he was thinking he was accomplishing.
As I recall that was the point of the bar in Cheers -where everyone knows your name....It still intriogues me that the cockpit was totally silent except for breathing during the entire time the door was lockerd prior to crash. Something strikes me still as very odd and not quite what it seems about that....
I always wanted to be somebody when I grew up - I realize now that I should have been more specific!!

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
I'm on a plane right now. At the last second I got a bump to first  class. I'm enjoying a beverage and greeting the kids as they walk by.
It's a good day. It's always a good day.

PS- yoga pants.

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
Your wearing yoga pants?  EWWWWWW
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
Male Camel Toe

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman

Excuse the scratches on the window but here is the view coming in.

No. I don't wear yoga pants.

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
No. I don't wear yoga pants.

Yeah they wear him, they're the Chuck Norris yoga pants.

PS I think we just hijacked the hijack thread.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 07:54:30 PM by Sol Asylum »
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
I was wondering when anyone would notice.
For the record, ALL of my posts in this thread have been relevant to the initial topic.

As more info comes in about the pilot, we will return you to your regularly scheduled programming. Until then, it's a yoga pants discussion.

Yoga pants- it's like beer. Not all are great. Most are palatable. And some got skunked.

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
I'm flying out Thursday night.  I will not be wearing yoga pants.
But my arms will get tired from flying for a few hours.

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
Common ladies, from the beginning of the year I flew 8/13 weekends and I will be flying 12/12 coming weekends, round trip each weekend.
I'm just increasing my chances  :lol:
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
You don't also wear yoga pants do you Kelu?
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
You don't also wear yoga pants do you Kelu?
Nope, would you love to?  :D
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Kelu might be able to get away with wearing yoga pants in Europe.  Wouldn't it be like the traveling equivalent of the Speedo there?
No one notices them there.

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
Get away? Who said I want to get away?  :lol:
Yoga pants? Speedo like these?
https://mattsko.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/speedo-123.jpg  :idk:

Offline Sting Ya

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
This thread has definitely taken a turn for the worst  :barf: