Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Mods, mods and more mods  (Read 1269 times)

Offline roxer

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
Mods, mods and more mods
« on: March 27, 2015, 08:55:17 AM »
Thanks to the great folks on this and the BB board, I have completed what I think are the main mods most do for the car (Installed):

Engine:
GM Tune
GM CAI (Eyeing the DDM version)
DDM IC Pipes
DDM Intercooler
DDM Silicon Hoses
DDM Oil Catch Can
DDM Power Steering relocate
DDM Engine Coil Cover
DDM Short Shifter

Suspension:
DDM LVFCB
DDM Race Backbone
DDM Pro-Beam
Z0K Springs
Z0K Sway Bars
Z0K Alignment

Other:
Opel Shorty Antenna
Kapparoo
KappaAttic
Painted calipers w/ graphics
ASAP Fog and Tail light grills

So now come the final mods that I think will make the car rock the most. These will be performed sometime this year and hopefully done by the end of fall, time permitting (New Project List):

Stage I Brake upgrade
Tune (DDM most likely)
Meth/Water Injection (Devilsown/AEM/Snow/AIS?)
EFR6X58 Turbo upgrade  :devil:
DDM Clutch upgrade
DDM gauge pod w/ boost and aeroforce? gauges (would rather have a dual analog water/oil gauge - old school I know.)

After this, its time to [slowly] start buying parts for an engine build - maybe, turbo dependent. After looking at this, am I missing anything? BFG G-Force Sport Comp 2s this summer and maybe even some sort of windscreen. Not sure about that last one yet. Comments?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 10:37:09 AM by roxer »
2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport - Still kicking!
2008 Polar Sky Redline - Auto - Fully Loaded
2007 Mysterious Solstice GXP - Current list of Mods

Offline Jim

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Re: Mods, mods and more mods
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 12:14:35 PM »
EFR6758 is a great choice. I was originally going to go with the 6258 but was talked into the 6758 and I'm glad I changed my mind. I'd recommend upgrading the valve springs as well for added insurance.

If it is available near you, run a blend of E. I'm running E43 and the difference between it and the 91 pump gas is night and day for performance.

I installed DDM's intake yesterday and have nothing but good things to say about it already. If you already have the GM CAI, I'd say it is very close to the same as DDM's.

Didn't see the DDM armrest with cupholders on your list but it's a good option even if you don't have drinks in your car and the fit and finish is perfect just like the rest of DDM's products.
The road to success is always under construction.