Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Rear brake job problems  (Read 1655 times)

Offline lbaker

• Tech
Rear brake job problems
« on: April 05, 2015, 11:27:04 AM »
Needing some help.  I'm changing out front and rear brake rotors and pads.  No problems with up front with the change out.  The back brakes a different story.  I can't get the calipers to retract.  I've loosed the cap on the reservoir under the hood and put the screws to the caliper with a 6" clamp.  The parking brake is not set.  The caliper will not retract at all.  What am I missing? 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Re: Rear brake job problems
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 11:38:41 AM »
WAIT!!!!

You are missing the fact that the rear calipers are SCREWED back in, not just pushed!

See: http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f59/gxp-rolls-down-hill-when-parked-left-gear-72597/index2.html#post1089379
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 11:41:44 AM by TomatoSoup »
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline lbaker

• Tech
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 12:06:26 PM »
Ohhhhhh!  I missed that little nugget of info when learning how to do this myself.  Thanks TomatoSoup!  Much appreciated.  I will put into practice immediately.

Offline SolNut

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 10:41:04 PM »
Len, you should have called!  :thumbs:

Offline lbaker

• Tech
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 11:04:13 PM »
I thought about it Steve and almost did.  Brake job done late this afternoon though.  The new rotors look great.  Now for some dry and some warmth for a drive to break them in.  Maybe in the next day or two.