Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: 18" concave rims  (Read 2134 times)

Offline roxer

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
18" concave rims
« on: April 06, 2015, 10:40:23 AM »
Looking around the different boards, I see lots nice pics of the kappas with aftermarket rims.  I want to go that route some time in the near future, but I want to do that with concave style rims. I want to stay same size as stock to maintain tire rotation ability. But most of the rims I see with concave patterns seem to be either bigger sized (19+) or wider (9+) than stock.  Am I stuck with the flatter/sightly concave rims? Or do they exist, but in extremely limited styles?
2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport - Still kicking!
2008 Polar Sky Redline - Auto - Fully Loaded
2007 Mysterious Solstice GXP - Current list of Mods

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Re: 18" concave rims
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 01:29:00 PM »
The concave rims are for "rear wheel" drive cars with greater offsets (or is it smaller offsets, I can never remember).  Our cars, despite actually being rear-wheel drive, have offsets like front wheel drive cars.  Could never understand why, myself.
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 02:08:55 PM »
The concave rims are for "rear wheel" drive cars with greater offsets (or is it smaller offsets, I can never remember).  Our cars, despite actually being rear-wheel drive, have offsets like front wheel drive cars.  Could never understand why, myself.
Opel influence? :) Most of the Opel models are FWD.
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline roxer

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 03:11:10 PM »
I did find a couple as long as I went 18x9 or 18x10. Not sure I want to go wider in a rim that didn't look that great to begin with. Although staggered looks better (IMHO), the headache of not being able to get better tread life trumps that (with me).
2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport - Still kicking!
2008 Polar Sky Redline - Auto - Fully Loaded
2007 Mysterious Solstice GXP - Current list of Mods