Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Aftershock is still in business  (Read 12136 times)

Offline Helios

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Play Hard; Drive Harder!
Re: Aftershock is still in business
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2015, 08:05:36 AM »
Let me say this, please don't beat on Aftershock too hard if Rudy does come back. Walk a mile in a man's shoes...  Beating a horse to the ground sucks when you have a few thousand miles to travel.  Just my  :2c:

I'm not beating on anyone. I'm just stating the obvious, from a business standpoint, that it isn't good business to ignore a customer base especially a limited one such as ours no matter the reason. As a contractor, if I ignored emails from customers I'm sure it wouldn't be long before they were on the phone with a different contractor that was more responsive. They wouldn't really care what is/ was going on in my personal life. It's business. I get it. I'm in the process of my own start-up business fixing personal electronics (I.E. smart phones, tablets, laptops, LCD TVs, etc.) My father is currently ill and takes quite a bit of time from me as well, but I don't ignore customers that ask me for quotes on product/ service availability. That's no way to run a business and be profitable.
Anyway, I digressed. All that being said, I am glad that Rudy/ Aftershock is attempting a resurgence.
"Gwyneth"
V8 swap in progress
RPi GT/ SOLO Exhaust

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2015, 12:20:20 PM »
Rudy some of us where aware of some of your issues and had hoped you would be back.  I for one am glad to see you getting back on your feet.  Please just keep us in the loop, good or bad.   Thanks, and condolences on your father.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline roxer

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2015, 09:23:27 PM »
I know I'll get flamed for this, but I couldn't resist. Kind of reminds me of:

Couldn't help but see this guy in my mind while I was reading that Helios (I hope you have a sense of humor). It's a wonderful life. Now carry on.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 09:26:37 PM by roxer »
2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport - Still kicking!
2008 Polar Sky Redline - Auto - Fully Loaded
2007 Mysterious Solstice GXP - Current list of Mods

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2015, 02:20:36 AM »
Dupe of what I posted on the BB.

Rudy,, thank you for updating the forum(s) on the status of Aftershock.  Obviously, I'm still interested in the products you designed for the Solstice, that's the reason I continued to try and find out if your products were still available.

If there's anyway that RKSport could reproduced and offer your side skirts I would definitely be interested in buying  I would also be interested in the recessed drive/turn signals shown in the diagram, and another recessed grill as a back up set to your original prototypes that you sold and offered to several of us a few years ago.  I just took the set I purchased from you to the body shop along w/other parts for installation this spring.

My only suggestions would be if recessed grills or recessed turn signals are produced is to molded them in some type of flexible composite, so that the installation mounting tabs do not break during installation and removal.

Again, thank you for your response, and please know that if you produce Solstice products I would like to purchase them, especially your side skirts.

Fan of your work; ChopTop.

Offline Helios

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Play Hard; Drive Harder!
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2015, 07:42:15 AM »
Helios (I hope you have a sense of humor).

I was in the military. I have a very sick and twisted sense of humor.
"Gwyneth"
V8 swap in progress
RPi GT/ SOLO Exhaust

Offline roxer

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2015, 08:02:22 AM »
I was in the military. I have a very sick and twisted sense of humor.

Nice, very glad to hear that! :thumbs:  Strange how it does that to you, right?  All business in the snap of a finger and cracking hard on each other two minutes later?  It's never really personal.  Miss that really.  Most of my guys don't know how to take that kind of banter.

Offline roxer

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2015, 09:55:32 PM »
Got word from Rudy RK is almost done with my spoiler. Hope to get it in a few weeks after he has it painted. Just in time for my trip to China.  :gaah:

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2015, 05:43:05 PM »
Congrats Roxer.  My car is black too and I thought about adding a very fine pinstriping detail on just the spoiler to enhance its shape.  Mainly because the black spoiler blended right into car unless you're a few feet behind it.  But then I went w/a replica Heritage stripe in bright red, and had it extended to wrap over the edge of the ducktail about 5/8 of an inch.  So changed my mind on a pinstripe because it would clash w/the stripe.

Take your time installing it, trickest part for me was trying to get it perfectly centered between the taillights.  I used painters tape and a ruler to try and get it as centered as possible.

Offline stungjoe

• Tech
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2016, 05:40:03 PM »
I'm looking for some black side marker lights like the ones Aftershock shows on their website. Does anybody know if they're still made? Since their website is all flash I don't know how to post a direct link.
Joe
2008 Red Line Carbon Flash SE

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2016, 08:34:44 AM »
Don't know about Aftershock but I do know that there also was, at one time, a fella that was selling the marker light on eBay out of Montreal.
A can of NiteShades might have the same result.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 09:02:50 AM by Sly Bob »
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline stungjoe

• Tech
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2016, 10:26:10 AM »
Thx S-B,
I did find a fleabay listing for smoked "lenses" but not sure if it's attached to a housing :idk:

Nightshades is in my future for the taillights anyway so might as well start with a smaller (cheaper) light.
Joe
2008 Red Line Carbon Flash SE