Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Aftershock is still in business  (Read 12137 times)

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Aftershock is still in business
« on: April 06, 2015, 02:17:14 PM »
I contacted RKSports a week ago asking if it was possible for them to make Aftershock rear spoiler, and the Aftershock side skirts, since Aftershock wasn't replying to my emails it was my belief that they were no longer in business due to the lack of communication.

I received the following reply for RKSports:
On Monday, March 30, 2015 2:30 PM, Frank Rizzotto <frank@rksport.com> wrote:

Hi Rudy,

Please see the email from a customer looking to do business with you below. Are you still interested?

If so please be advised as of 04-01-15 we have a straight across the board 5% price increase to all of our dealers.

Please let me know if you want to contact your customer; right now our current lead time is approx. 10 to 12 business days before shipping.

Frank | Sales
 26900 Jefferson Avenue
 Murrieta, Ca. 92562
 951-894-7883 Tel ext 103
 951-894-7915 Fax
20YearLogoFinal copy4

Aftershock response:

Sent: Saturday, April 04, 2015 9:43 AM
To: Frank Rizzotto
Subject: Re: Aftershock Products for Pontiac Solstice 03-30-15

hi Frank...

The spoiler is still offered to the community so I'm not sure why this customer is claiming it's not.  The website has a direct PayPal link to purchase the product.  However, the side skirts are not available for purchase as I proceed with fabrication due to the fact that I had sold the vehicle years ago.  I still get inquiries for my products that were in the development stages (ie side skirts, recessed grills, etc).  Now that I no longer own the vehicle, I have not pursued that route.  However, if there is something that you have in mind, I am open to suggestions.  Let me know your thoughts.  Thanks.  rudy

aftershockproducts.com

My comment:
So folks this is the first I've heard that the Aftershock rear ducktail spoiler is still available for orders. Which is really good news for anyone who would like to purchase the Aftershock ducktail spoiler. And I'm seriously happy to have been proven wrong.

I'm going to reply back to RKSport and Rudy, and let them know I bought the ducktail spoiler used because due to a lack of communication from the emails I sent, that I wasn't comfortable sending money and run the risk of that the order wouldn't be filled. I am also going to let RK, and Aftershock know that I'm still very interested in the Aftershock side skirts, even though they are no longer available. Because Rudy does indicate he is open to suggestions in his email. I will also let Aftershock know that some people continue to express interest in recessed grills for both the Solstice and GXP. To the point that recessed grill CAD files were created by a Kappaperformance member. Unfortunately, last I heard that's as far as the process has gotten.

So this is your opportunity to let RKSports and Aftershock know if you are interested in the development of any past or new Aftershock body parts for the Solstice. I would also encourage SKY owners to ask RKSports that new body panels be developed and offered for their cars.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 02:24:29 PM by ChopTop »

Offline roxer

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
Re: Aftershock is still in business
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 02:19:56 PM »
Hahahahahaha - nice!! Now if I can figure out how to remove my post!
2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport - Still kicking!
2008 Polar Sky Redline - Auto - Fully Loaded
2007 Mysterious Solstice GXP - Current list of Mods

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 03:01:51 PM »
What post, I don't see any post?     :D
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 03:34:52 PM »
What are you talking about Bob?  :nuts:
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline roxer

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 03:38:44 PM »
What post, I don't see any post?     :D

Bob sure is a sly one, isn't he?   :D  Thanks SB.   :thumbs:

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 03:39:59 PM »
What are you talking about Bob?  :nuts:

Exactly...    :D

Good to hear Rudy is still around, I have a couple of his products.

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline roxer

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 04:23:11 PM »
Love that spoiler and hope I can get one.  Are they install just with double-sided tape or with bolts/screws too?

Offline Jim

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 04:34:56 PM »
Which wheels are on that Solstice?
The road to success is always under construction.

Offline roxer

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2015, 04:49:25 PM »
MRR, right?

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2015, 04:50:46 PM »
Love that spoiler and hope I can get one.  Are they install just with double-sided tape or with bolts/screws too?

Just used the tape on mine, never moved.

Offline cdflint

• Master Tech
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2015, 07:44:19 PM »
Which wheels are on that Solstice?
They are J2/Monarch 410 wheels. They are not in production anymore and REALLY hard to buy used. It took me almost 2 years to find a set reasonable. MRR have a similar look, TSW snettertons and Maxxim Maze are close too.
She's an 09 Brazen GXP.

Covered by Norms Fiberglass, DDM, WERKS, KappaSphere, Trifecta performance, Dejon performance, Solo performance, Magnaflow, Hahn, VDI, B&G, ASAP, WindRestrictor, Gravana, JPM, Santana, Madmod, HID pro, Second Skin Audio, mydipkit, Automotivetouchup.com and Smoothline.

To be or not to be hard, that is the question. I prefer my top off and still hard when I need it.

Offline cdflint

• Master Tech
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2015, 07:47:48 PM »
Also I had emailed Rudy for a couple years to get him to create the shifter ring look I wanted and was on his site. Eventually I gave up and worked my own on Heliosky's idea of a Viper ring. Good luck. I hope it works out and you can get what you want from him.
She's an 09 Brazen GXP.

Covered by Norms Fiberglass, DDM, WERKS, KappaSphere, Trifecta performance, Dejon performance, Solo performance, Magnaflow, Hahn, VDI, B&G, ASAP, WindRestrictor, Gravana, JPM, Santana, Madmod, HID pro, Second Skin Audio, mydipkit, Automotivetouchup.com and Smoothline.

To be or not to be hard, that is the question. I prefer my top off and still hard when I need it.

Offline Sting Ya

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2015, 08:52:49 PM »
Have to agree with cdflint I tried contacting Aftershock a couple of times for some products I was interested in and got no response bottom line let the buyer beware .I would love to order a set of side skirts but after all the BS I went through with another forum vendor  I'm really careful where I send my money
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 08:57:51 PM by Sting Ya »

Offline Helios

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Play Hard; Drive Harder!
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2015, 06:56:43 AM »
I too would not purchase a product from any vendor if they could not at least send a response back to my inquiries. For instance, I know Norm's FG and DDM Dave can take a long time with some if the products/ services they offer, but they at least answer the phone and let you know they're still in business.
On another note, I did think of taking my idea of using the Viper shifter ring and making a kit for it for the community. I'm glad cdflint and I were able to get the results we wanted out of the little project.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 07:07:50 AM by Helios »
"Gwyneth"
V8 swap in progress
RPi GT/ SOLO Exhaust

Offline roxer

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2015, 08:16:01 AM »
I'm going to try it.  If I was using cash or a credit card, I would not even think about this.  But I will be using Paypal, so I do have some sort of resolution process.  I have RK Sports email address too, so I will work through them if the need arises. It looks like he at least answers to them.

Offline Helios

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Play Hard; Drive Harder!
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2015, 08:44:24 AM »
I'm going to try it.  If I was using cash or a credit card, I would not even think about this.  But I will be using Paypal, so I do have some sort of resolution process.  I have RK Sports email address too, so I will work through them if the need arises. It looks like he at least answers to them.

Read Paypal's terms and conditions. There is a finite amount of time you have to file a complaint and have any funds frozen or returned. I hope all turns out well for you, but these are "custom" parts, that to my knowledge are not being mass produced, with stock on hand being non-existent. Also, I'm not sure what Aftershock's products are made out of whether it be injection molded plastic (doubtful) or fiberglass (likely). Fiberglass takes TIME which again you may not have if you choose to file a complaint through Paypal.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 01:00:30 PM by Helios »
"Gwyneth"
V8 swap in progress
RPi GT/ SOLO Exhaust

Offline Sting Ya

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2015, 12:35:26 PM »
roxer Helios brings up some good points I had an issue with a vendor and wanted to dispute the charges after months of BS from him .My problem was that I waited more then 90 days before I notified  my credit card company because I felt that we could come to some resolution needless to say I was wrong . Had I notified them when I first felt there was a problem they would have recorded it and I had the 90 day time frame to clear things up .From all I know all the major credit cards have this option as for me this guy lost any future business from me and I would not recommend him or his products to anyone who asks .Again as far as the Aftershock products go "let the buyer beware especially with some of the comments posted on this and the BB .
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 08:28:33 AM by Sting Ya »

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2015, 08:59:20 PM »
I ordered Aftershock recessed prototype grills when they were first offered.  I believe everyone who ordered them knew it could be several months to receive them, but we did receive them.  In fact, after having them stored away since new, they are just now finally being painted, along w/a GXP front fascia, Norms GXP splitter, exterior door handles, and a Smoothline Club Sport hardtop. 

When I decided to order the Aftershock ducktail spoiler and side skirts several years ago, I sent emails asking if they were still available.  I sent emails a couple more times but never received a response.  That was around the time I began posting on both forums wondering if Aftershock was still in business, and the consensus seemed to be that Aftershock wasn't in business because others said their emails weren't being answered, even though the website continued to operate. 

Finally after about three years of waiting for someone to sell an Aftershock spoiler, MadMods began parting out his car and sold me his Aftershock spoiler (Yeah).  Unfortunately, I didn't have the foresight to buy the side skirts he also sold, Now I'd really like to find a set.  That's what prompted me to send RKSports an email a couple weeks ago. I'm thinking maybe only two or three sets were ever made.

Why Aftershock answered RKSports emails but didn't answer potential customers emails, I have no answer.  Even an auto response would have been appreciated, letting folks know what products were still available.  All I know is I'd still like to buy Aftershocks side skirts because I prefer the cleaner design over the ones that Norm offers.  Heck, I even asked Norm to reproduce them a couple years ago, and he replied he didn't want to copy someone else's products.   
That pretty much means, I'm SOL.  :cloud:

If Aftershock is telling RKSports the spoiler is still available for ordering, I wouldn't think Aftershock would say that it is if it wasn't.  But then, I'd probably still send RKSport an email when placing and paying for the order through Aftershock.  It is a cool spoiler, heck I'd probably consider buying another one because I like to have it modified into a super ducktail.  But I'll take a wait and see approach for now.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 09:27:22 PM by ChopTop »

Offline Sting Ya

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2015, 10:05:31 PM »
Chop I'm with you as far as the style of the Aftershock side skirt plus I like the fact that it comes in 2 pieces so you can remove the fender without removing the whole skirt  and I like the brake vent even though it's not functional .The RK Sports ones are one piece ,made out of urethane ,and have no brake vent from what I have read the Aftershock ones are glass .I'd like to get a set but at this point I really wonder what Aftershock is up to again I emailed them about some products and never got a response .

Offline roxer

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2015, 11:02:51 PM »
I'm ordering my spoiler tomorrow. Let me say this, please don't beat on Aftershock too hard if Rudy does come back. The resources for Kappa parts are limited and will get less and less by the years. I think you all will hear from him soon enough. Let's take this a notch higher and be happy that a long lost resource is back. Recessed grills anyone?  Walk a mile in a man's shoes...  Beating a horse to the ground sucks when you have a few thousand miles to travel.  Just my  :2c:

Offline Sting Ya

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2015, 11:26:20 PM »
Interesting keep us informed as to the progress I base my statements on my personal experience because I liked their products and wanted to get a few   I hope all works well for you

Offline SOLster

• Vendor
  • Tech
    • Aftershock Products
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2015, 01:02:51 AM »
hey folks...

Due to recent activity, on and off the forums, I decided to post an update on the Aftershock company.  As some of you may or may not know, I no longer have the solstice in my possession.  To give you a bit of history, back in 2009 my Dad had suffered a major stroke.  He had earlier milder strokes which he managed to overcome easily but was put on medication as a result.  However, he still suffered a major one a few years later which left him on a ventilator and comatosed for the years afterwards.  This situation had devastated me personally as well as my family.  And we were left to attend and care for him during the remaining years of his life. 

It wasn’t until we received notice from the government that they were terminating his veteran’s military medical coverage soon that we were forced to make a family decision and  allow him to leave us naturally.  As you can imagine, we all went through hell to the end and ever since then, my desire to be creative and productive had taken a toll.  My attention to the Aftershock company had suffered and I lost all interest and desire to continue on with it.  Rather than closing the company entirely, I decided to continue keeping the web site open for those who were still interested in the available to purchase items.

It was during this same time that I was laid off for a year due to a corporate take over.  I spiraled into a mild depression and decided to sell my solstice in order to rid of car payments.  I managed to find another job shortly after the sale but had acquired a different vehicle by then.

I apologize for not being upfront with those who have contacted me via e-mail to acquire parts or status of the company.  However, considering the situation that I was going through, I hope that most of you could understand that I was not in the proper state of mind/heart at the time and did not mean to ignore your inquiries. 

It’s been about 3 years since my Dad’s passing and even though they say that time heals all wounds, it still feels like it just happened yesterday.  So, I’m slowly crawling out from under the rock I hid under and trying to get everything back to normal including the company.  I’ve been working full time at another demanding corporate company for about 2.5+ years now and also teach two classes part time at a local private art school.  It also just so happens that I’m in the process of releasing discontinued and new parts, for another vehicle I designed for years ago, after countless requests by former and new owners.  Sound familiar?

So, my time is limited as I do have a wife, two daughters, and a mini english bulldog who demand much of my time as well.  As a result, working on ressurecting the Aftershock company and producing new parts for the solstice will be challenging especially since I no longer have the vehicle.  It’s going to be a slow process for me personally to get the ball rolling.  But, over time, I believe that things will fall into place naturally with good results. 

Fyi, I’m in the process of getting quotes for the recessed grills (hard/soft edged) and foglight vented grills via 3d printing.  I found one company that can do it at a decent price and will be ordering a printed grill in the flexible/durable plastic version and I’ll post results then.  In the mean time, feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.  This time, I promise not to ignore them and will answer them accordingly.  Thank you for your ear and understanding.  rudy

Offline Silects

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2015, 01:28:11 AM »
Yesss  :yay: The dream lives on.  Please no tease Rudy!  I'll be watching the progress patiently

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2015, 03:10:11 AM »
Rudy, when you say hard and soft edged recessed grills, what do the terms hard and soft edge refer to?

Glad to see you back Rudy.

Offline roxer

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2015, 06:02:30 AM »
Rudy, please accept my condolences for your fathers passing and your loss. Losing a father or mother is an extremely painful experience. I am happy you are trying to make it back. I hope you find strength in your family.

And welcome back to the cause! Very glad Aftershock is back in business. Between you and Norm, we have two genius talents now for the Kappa. Looks like good things are coming! Now to order that spoiler!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 10:01:10 AM by roxer »