Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: This is kind of annoying (Fuel gage innacurate near/below 1/4)  (Read 7628 times)

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
Re: This is kind of annoying (Fuel gage innacurate near/below 1/4)
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2009, 06:01:48 PM »
took the sol into dealer. They told me nothing wrong w/car or gauge But could happen if the fuel shifts from side to side . (posible I guess)have to deal with till it happens again :banghead: :idk:I think its  :bs:
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline tazz

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2009, 10:31:16 PM »
Give them the TSB # and tell them you want it fixed.
They can't argue and if they do take it to any other GM dealer.
I went in the Service shop with the printout of the Front end squeak and TSB for it with the full TSB bulletin readout.  I also had the TSB # for the Fuel gauge Fluctuation on the bottom of the page and they didnt have any problem doing both.  They had to order the parts for the front bushings and some clamps.
There going to really hate me since im going down that list and if there's a problem there going to fix it.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 10:36:51 PM by tazz »

Offline tazz

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2009, 05:02:02 PM »
Looks like it pretty much took care of the issue.
No more erratic mood swings.
Just a very minor movement Now when low.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 07:01:04 PM by tazz »

Offline spicy3480

• Solo Performance Sales
  • Vendor
  • Gearhead
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2009, 11:01:22 AM »
I didn't even know there was a TSB for the fluctuating fuel gauge.
Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

2007 Mysterious Solstice GXP
INTRUDER

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2009, 12:18:04 PM »
Too bad there isn't a bulletin for the 2008 model year. I would have mine in to have it done.
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2009, 11:00:49 PM »
deep blue is that TSBlist of numbers just for the 2007? mine is a 2008 GXP  Thanks :huh:
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2009, 12:43:41 PM »
With an 06, you just don't let it get below a 1/4 tank and the problem is solved.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline tazz

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2009, 06:04:39 PM »
Well it worked fine for 2 fills then started the erratic mood swings oh well guess just wont let it get to less than 1/4 tank.
Though I might have a theory on why it happens or maybe it just coincidence? 
The first time I filled up after the ECM recal I just went till the pump clicked off but the second time I went and filled it up past the first click to a third click.  I'm just wondering if since these vehicles are so advanced that maybe filling past the when the pump clicks off really throws off the calibration of the fuel sensing unit.
Any ideas?

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2009, 02:17:21 PM »
Does anyone know is GM is still using the old float and potentiometer fuel indicator on our Kappa's or have they switched to a capacitance type?
2007 Aggressive GXP