Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: air inlet grille panel (mounting after windshield has been replaced)  (Read 1903 times)

Offline Ironhide

• Master Tech
Does someone have an idea how I can attache the left and right rubber seal to the windshield frame.

Opel removed the air inlet grille panel for replacing the windshield and after reinstalling  the panel they wanted to use super glue for the left and right seal. :slap:
Oliver  :usa:

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: air inlet grille panel (mounting after windshield has been replaced)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 07:25:05 AM »
If you referring to the rubber seal that goes around the outside, the new windshield is supposed to come with it already attached.  If you're referring to something else, I'm not sure unless you post photos on where the part is missing.

Offline Ironhide

• Master Tech
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 04:14:45 PM »
If you referring to the rubber seal that goes around the outside, the new windshield is supposed to come with it already attached.  If you're referring to something else, I'm not sure unless you post photos on where the part is missing.
No it's not the windshield seal, there a two seals one attached on the right side and one on the left side of the air inlet grill panel.
These seals have been attached to the frame by double sided tape.
When Opel removed the seals they destroyed the tape and new tape (3M) doesn't stick on the rubber.

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 04:59:17 PM »
oh, on the outside of the car, they're attached to the wrap around plastic under the wipers and you have to have the doors open to get to them?

Offline Hoosier GXP

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • Hoosier GXP
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 01:15:31 PM »
No it's not the windshield seal, there a two seals one attached on the right side and one on the left side of the air inlet grill panel.
These seals have been attached to the frame by double sided tape.
When Opel removed the seals they destroyed the tape and new tape (3M) doesn't stick on the rubber.

Those actually have a very small push pin in them and originally had a small bead at the top edge of RTV type sealant to attach to windshield frame no 2 sided tape was used.

Offline Ironhide

• Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 02:29:11 PM »
oh, on the outside of the car, they're attached to the wrap around plastic under the wipers and you have to have the doors open to get to them?

Correct. :D

Those actually have a very small push pin in them and originally had a small bead at the top edge of RTV type sealant to attach to windshield frame no 2 sided tape was used.

OK, they showed me a new panel and the seals had double sided tape on their back.

Seems that the double sided tape is only attached on replacement panels and it doesn't really stick on the frame.

So that might be the reason why they wanted to use super glue.

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 06:26:27 AM »
I didn't bother with that after replacing mine.  I just installed the push pins in.