Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: SOLD-- FS SKY Shifter/boot with blue stitching.  (Read 2235 times)

Offline 07bluestone

• Apprentice/Gofer
SOLD-- FS SKY Shifter/boot with blue stitching.
« on: July 06, 2015, 09:55:11 AM »
So I’m back for a bit……(no I'm not dead, still hurting from the accident but not dead!)
This is a repeat of my original post on the SKY forum from a few years ago:

Do to the untimely death of my 07 Sky I have a brand new Shifter/Boot with blue stitching.
Bought it but then realized I had JPM cover my center armrest with white stitching and it just didn't look right when they were near each other. (in my opinion)
$50 + shipping (small but very heavy for it's size)
Very easy to exchange, pop up the lower chrome trim ring, pull the trim ring up so you can get to the underside of the boot, loosen the hex bolt attaching the knob to the shaft. The whole knob and boot assembly will lift off, put the new assembly on and reverse the steps you took to get it off. (They used thread locker and you should too when you put it back on)

email me at tapbmd2@gmail.com if interested

(Yes it's for a manual transmission. sorry but people have asked )

(I don't see if I can post pictures so if someone would let me know it would be appreciated)

(I have a few other items I want to part with like an OEM Antenna & Front License Plate Holder (not that anyone would want those two) Cat Back Exhaust for a NA SKY and the Rear Valance, with maybe 1500 miles on them.  I’m going to place an ad for them separately in another post but I'm just mentioning them for right now)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 10:09:16 PM by 07bluestone »
07Bluestone

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Re: FS SKY Shifter/boot with blue stitching.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 02:26:10 PM »
Anyone know if the Sky boot is interchangeable with the Sol boot?  Square peg in a round hole???
Is the stitching light blue similar to the Bluestone color?  I'm looking for something a little brighter like on the Hydro Blue Skys, so this may not work for me.

Hope you are doing ok!  Hated to hear about your sky.  :(

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 03:33:56 PM »
That would be a good question for JPM.  You might get lucky because the Sky might be bigger and could be trimmed down to fit the smaller round flange of the Sol.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 03:56:56 PM »
That would be a good question for JPM.  You might get lucky because the Sky might be bigger and could be trimmed down to fit the smaller round flange of the Sol.

That's what I'm thinking regarding fit.  I ordered a new WR yesterday and was thinking to incorporate cookie monster on it.  Was thinking the blue stitching would work well with the idea, especialy since I talked to JPM back in 2012 about making an airbag cover with cookie monster embroidered on it.

Offline 07bluestone

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 06:56:37 PM »

Thanks, crashing my Sky still pisses me off, "Phantom Vehicle" as the police report says, texting and coming into my lane doing 65 MPH  :cloud: but what are ya gonna do, The blue is more like the bluestone (lighter blue) I don't see how to post pictures here but if you go to the Sky forum there's a picture of it. I don't know how it would look, the Sky boot is more of a rectangle and can't see it being able to be attached to the round Sol trim ring and still look good.
07Bluestone

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 07:08:11 PM »

Thanks, crashing my Sky still pisses me off, "Phantom Vehicle" as the police report says, texting and coming into my lane doing 65 MPH  :cloud: but what are ya gonna do, The blue is more like the bluestone (lighter blue) I don't see how to post pictures here but if you go to the Sky forum there's a picture of it. I don't know how it would look, the Sky boot is more of a rectangle and can't see it being able to be attached to the round Sol trim ring and still look good.

Thanks, I'll go take a look at the forum and try to dig for information on the boots!

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 07:11:14 PM »
Oooh...that color will work and it what I had in mind!  Now just need to figure out if we can fit a square peg in a round hole!

Offline SolNut

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 10:07:24 PM »
Thanks, I'll go take a look at the forum and try to dig for information on the boots!
Ihawk-I put a Sky shifter on the Coupe, easy-peasy

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2015, 10:12:45 AM »
The new DDM shifters are universal fit sky/sol so it might be ok. But.... Squeezing the leather in the trim ring is finicky.
Make the right choices now