Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: who has the fastest 1/4 mile kappa with an ecotec?  (Read 53463 times)

Offline phillyphan08

• Tech
Re: who has the fastest 1/4 mile kappa with an ecotec?
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2015, 11:07:38 AM »
I have a hahn super 20g going on with all the supporting stuff and i was gonna cap the motor @ little over 400whp cause i have no idea what the limit of the stock bottom end is. If i do find out it can handle 500+  whp like ive been told by a few ppl i might turn it up a little more.

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2015, 01:18:15 PM »
Kelu = tall Romanian guy.  Demands pics of your car when you first post.  Likes to drag race across the pond.  Currently is competing for slowest 1/4 mile.

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2015, 01:50:57 PM »
Kelu = tall Romanian guy.  Demands pics of your car when you first post.  Likes to drag race across the pond.  Currently is competing for slowest 1/4 mile.

Has an attractive wife that drives faster than him even in her slow Dodge Caliber.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2015, 02:27:10 PM »
You know Kelu is slow by his lack of response
It mimics his 1/8 mile reaction speed
:D

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2015, 03:59:41 PM »
At 400 whp you are at the limits of our internals, if you push it you are going to grenade.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2015, 04:59:36 PM »
We can provide specific examples to support LV's statement.

Offline phillyphan08

• Tech
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2015, 12:22:22 AM »
I've seen them make 500+whp. What have you guys actually had hands on with and what broke?

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2015, 12:37:10 AM »
I broke my will to own a kappa.
Make the right choices now

Offline L-N-Fn

• Tech
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2015, 03:51:28 AM »
My best was 12.6 with stock clutch, street tires and me driving!
Coupe 993 5mt. GMPP CAI, GMPP tune+ HPT, 3 inch catless ext. Dejon cooler and Piping, AME water meth, Garrett Manifold, EFR 6758, Werks springs, 2010 lifters, 5th injector,E43, CCW Werks rims285 front-305 rear PScup's. Zok cross member, sway bars, back bone, LVFB. 407 WHP.

Offline EarthNTX

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2015, 08:55:06 AM »
Ask the state trooper who caught me! :(
Ride it like you mean it.

Offline JesseB

• Tech
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2015, 11:23:23 AM »
Im at 400whp and I doubt very seriously I could run 11s although im not a great driver and dont have great tires *which im assuming makes a huge difference*,  *not with stock internals* because many people that know much more than me have said 400 is the LIMIT for stock internals and I didnt want to prove them right.  Also, I have never even tried, so I have very little knowledge in the 1/4 dragstrip, I just know my 40mph to 100mph is fast as hell *objectively speaking*

What is your launch method if you dont mind me asking...ive always wanted to try a hard launch, I just dont know much about it...If I would do it, without research, I think I would hold about 3500rpm, then dump the clutch and go...but thats probably not correct form?
DDM Short Shifter, K&N Typhoon CAI, Solo HighFlow Cat, Solo Street Race Exhaust, Pwerks Charge Tubes, Pwerks Street Race Intercooler, AEM Meth Injection, Pwerks Valve Springs, Wiseco Pistons, ZZP 4340 Rods, ARP Head Studs, Pwerks Street Race Head Gasket, Pwerks Phenolic Spacer Set, ZZP Stage 1 Comp Cams w/ Upgraded Fuel Pump Lobe, Spec Stage 2+ Clutch, Spec Lightweight Aluminum Flywheel, Pwerks 5th Injector, Pwerks 700hp Fuel Pump, ...& A TURBO

Offline Jim

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2015, 11:38:18 AM »
JesseB - do you happen to have a log for any of your 40-100 runs? Just curious as I'd like to compare as I'm running the EFR6758 on e47 at ~27psi and spraying meth on top of it beginning at 15psi. Mine is an auto trans and I keep a spreadsheet of my runs when I'm tuning and my spreadhsheet shows a best 40-115 (in Mexico of course) of 7.61 seconds and I would like to see how that compares to a manual with the smaller turbo. I havent' messed with the tune in several months because I'm happy with how it currently performs.

I don't try launching my car or running 1/4's but I do have a fascination with acceleration. With traction control off, anything below 50 spins these crappy F1's anyways but I'm scheduled to get new PSS's installed Saturday so that might help my setup.

I do wish I could still drive a manual but a couple of slipped disks prevent me from doing that safely as my left leg doesn't move as good as it used to when I was younger.
The road to success is always under construction.

Offline JesseB

• Tech
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2015, 11:41:30 AM »
Jim, I have Dash Command, and I can log a few runs for ya! Ill get on that and see what I come up with!
DDM Short Shifter, K&N Typhoon CAI, Solo HighFlow Cat, Solo Street Race Exhaust, Pwerks Charge Tubes, Pwerks Street Race Intercooler, AEM Meth Injection, Pwerks Valve Springs, Wiseco Pistons, ZZP 4340 Rods, ARP Head Studs, Pwerks Street Race Head Gasket, Pwerks Phenolic Spacer Set, ZZP Stage 1 Comp Cams w/ Upgraded Fuel Pump Lobe, Spec Stage 2+ Clutch, Spec Lightweight Aluminum Flywheel, Pwerks 5th Injector, Pwerks 700hp Fuel Pump, ...& A TURBO

Offline Jim

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2015, 12:32:24 PM »
Thanks JesseB! I log my runs with HP Tuners VCM Scanner. I have Dash Command as well but need to get another OBD2 wifi transmitter.
The road to success is always under construction.

Offline phillyphan08

• Tech
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2015, 12:41:24 PM »
Like I said in previous comments I'm on 555rs and launch at 55-5700 rpm and feather the clutch. My personal best 60' is 1.79

Offline phillyphan08

• Tech
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2015, 12:43:06 PM »
Like I said all I need it 380whp and I'll run 11.99

Offline JesseB

• Tech
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2015, 12:55:06 PM »
In the future im hoping to go to something like the EFR 7163 which has Max Flow Rate: 60 lb/min which I think equates to 600ish hp , what do you think would be possible with this setup?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 12:58:20 PM by JesseB »

Offline phillyphan08

• Tech
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2015, 01:15:17 PM »
And whoever said 400 is the stock limit is talking out their ass. There are so many cobalt ss making well over 400 and even some near 600. Just cause you had a shitty tune or did something else stupid to your car doesn't mean that's the limit. Just like you guys saying you won't be able to get 11s get some decent tires and learn how to drive all I see is this constant shit on these forums. I'm not able to do it so its impossible and talking out of your ass with no factual proof about stuff. End of rant

Offline JesseB

• Tech
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2015, 01:47:19 PM »
I quite openly noted that I am not a great driver by any means and that I dont think I could run 11s with my 400whp.  The cobalt and kappas arent completely identical as you know. Im pretty sure there are multiple "studies" / "real world" examples showing how much of the stock components are good till 400whp.

I would be pretty confident in saying your vehicle will not last "long" at 400whp stock...specially if you are pushing it often. Plus, I think you would start to run into fueling issues going much higher....maybe cams or 5th injector , but that wouldnt classify as stock.

Anyway, I really do hope you get in the 11s because then it will be something I can shoot for, and be able to judge my driving level.

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2015, 05:03:21 PM »
WOW, There has been a few members here that have experience the motor going bye bye because of to much power with stock internals.
Even some with modified internals have destroyed their engine, although in those 2 instances there was not a lot of info as to why.
GM rates the LNF bottom end and pistons at a max of 400, the issue some times is people believe a lot on Dyno numbers that in a lot of cases are no where near
what they claim the motor is putting out.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2015, 08:46:38 PM »
Tony @ Asp graphics blew his stock internals engine with the exact setup you are looking to install. But hey we don't know shit.
gmtEch the self proclaimed Tuning And car God bent 3 rods on what he claimed was a perfect setup. He too also attend the engine could hold the power
Jeb blew 1 engine and :censor: ed up the replacement and then dumped it but I do believe that was due to crappy work and tuning
There are more
He'll cylinder 1 goes on less than 300hp engines
But hey go for it.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
who has the fastest 1/4 mile kappa with an ecotec?
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2015, 09:19:39 PM »
I think the dyno numbers being off is a pretty good thought. I also think some motors are simply stronger than others even when built with the same part numbers.

Breaking 12.0 is not really all that impressive. Put sticky enough tires and change out your slow ass manual transmission for a much faster automatic, and BOOM. YOULL RUN SUB 12!

Manual tranny's are so 1986....
Make the right choices now

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2015, 06:57:28 AM »
Hmm, should I reply to this topic? ... hmmm .. maybe not....
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2015, 07:18:15 AM »
Ok, I changed my mind... there it goes ...

How can there be a thread about drag racing and not a single post in it from Kelu?
Well, last weeks were very busy and traveling a lot ... while I'm home I stay away from internet and TV, can you believe that? But is so nice like that ...

I noticed that also!!!  WTH???
That means you missed me?  :ghug:

Its because we are talking about the fastest 1/4  times.

*Poke*
Sure, what is your fastest 1/4 in a Kappa?  :lol:

Who is Kelu?
So we didn't see for a while and now you start with this? BTW you came on this side and stayed up north... Shame on you ... :barf:

You know he's that tall version of Elff
Only when he is funny  :D

No idea who Kelu is? Im on 555r's @ 25 psi. I will be 400+whp with my new set up, but i can achieve 11.99 with 350whp.
Beware ... btw seems like the gang was too nice with you ... pictures or no go
 :ttiwwp:

Not only with the car, depends on the situation  :poke: at least I'm competing for something not like these lurkers, I know you are competing also and I admire that  :thumbs:

Has an attractive wife that drives faster than him even in her slow Dodge Caliber.
First learn how to mix the gas in a manual and then talk about being fast ... last time when you were driving you were scared like a little girl because of some small trucks passing by ..

You know Kelu is slow by his lack of response
It mimics his 1/8 mile reaction speed
:D
At least I'm driving my Kappa, slow, fast that is so subjective  :lol:

At 400 whp you are at the limits of our internals, if you push it you are going to grenade.
I agree and I have some experience with this ...

I've seen them make 500+whp. What have you guys actually had hands on with and what broke?
Well depends, dyno numbers, what are you doing with the car, etc. In my case I can show it as I want, being strong to hold it for 2 years doing some races, daily driver, etc and pushing 420bhp. But also I can show you that it broke after 2 days on the track and doing some trashing (hitting raised rev limiter, keep it high rpms, etc). So depends which side you want to see/show.

Like I said in previous comments I'm on 555rs and launch at 55-5700 rpm and feather the clutch. My personal best 60' is 1.79
Very nice numbers, beware of clutch, rear end and traction when you going to push over 400whp

Like I said all I need it 380whp and I'll run 11.99
It is easy to say on a forum than actually do it... but you should know it already

And whoever said 400 is the stock limit is talking out their ass. There are so many cobalt ss making well over 400 and even some near 600. Just cause you had a shitty tune or did something else stupid to your car doesn't mean that's the limit. Just like you guys saying you won't be able to get 11s get some decent tires and learn how to drive all I see is this constant shit on these forums. I'm not able to do it so its impossible and talking out of your ass with no factual proof about stuff. End of rant
Chill down ... Limit is so flexible ... is easy to make a high reading dyno pull and then drive the car with 350hp every day and call it strong or ... just have bad luck with bad gas, tune or plain bad luck and break it easy..

GM rates the LNF bottom end and pistons at a max of 400, the issue some times is people believe a lot on Dyno numbers that in a lot of cases are no where near
what they claim the motor is putting out.
Correction, GM states first limiting factor are pistons at 300hp!!! Rods before 400hp, etc etc
I can't find my GM book  :gaah:
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline JoshMcMadMac

• Master Tech
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2015, 07:34:38 AM »
I will be 400+whp with my new set up, but i can achieve 11.99 with 350whp.

You have the easy part done.