Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: who has the fastest 1/4 mile kappa with an ecotec?  (Read 53730 times)

Offline phillyphan08

• Tech
Re: who has the fastest 1/4 mile kappa with an ecotec?
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2015, 12:30:37 AM »
No  on 11s
Don't know who is fastest. 
Done

thats the answer i was looking for

Offline phillyphan08

• Tech
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2015, 12:38:35 AM »
this is on a tune alot better than the gmpp on a cobalt which means power power to the ground than us. http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/p/542-ZZP-LNF-Turbo-PCM.aspx
320-340 @ peak (over 4k rpm) and if anything companies usually tell you too much they don't underrate it.

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2015, 06:59:18 AM »
See what happens when you poke Kelu?   Welcome back
Nice to see you again, sir. Miss you guys, second year in a row without seeing you  :(

He is like an angry Gypsy Grizzly bear who was given a tablet and free wifi
Gypsy Grizzly, whatta ... is that?

Kelu you are correct about the pistons at 300 per GM but I just put the whole thing at 400 for my post.
Of course GM wants to be safe and give more of an indication than a rule.

Most of this info comes from the cobalt guys cause lets face it most of the kappa owners are more concerned with windscreens and graphics.
In the same time I can say that Kappa crowd is more mature, depends where and how you are looking. You can find plenty info and more unbiased and not as much showing off as you would get from an younger crowd.

Fuel isnt and issue for making 400-450whp its there.
 you dont need a 5th injector or a cam lobe unless you want to run strait e85 which would be alot better, less chance of detonation.
Well, that comes down to dyno numbers again, depends what whp means, I generally try to read stock reading on that dyno of that car, that would be an indicator for me for high or low numbers but in the end dyno is just a tool. I would say pure 450whp you can't achieve it with a stock engine and stock fueling system not even with C16. Good luck proving it otherwise.

As far as switching to auto theres no need im pretty sure i had the best 60' ive seen out of a kappa(can someone verify it? ive seen 1 other 1.79x but they never showed a slip) and i actually know how to drive.
I can tell you one guy, Manni, he is on this forum but doesn't visit the forum, you can find him @MIR with his Neon and his stock Kappa. Search forum and you will find some of his timeslips from the past. He is running 12.6s with just GMPP tune and MT street radials, IIRC his 60' is 1.6x.
Mine 60' are crappy because we don't have strips, my best was 1.89s with Toyo R888 in the back., 1.92 with factory tires and this from US 2nd run, 1.92s street tires and clutch slipping:

like i said this post was to find out who has the record for a kappa with an ecotec or even stock turbo record? i want to have somethings to shoot for to make it more interesting.
if someone just answered my original question though, that'd be great. I'll worry about the rest from there
As far as I know the best Kappa with ECOTEC is 11.9s so you have an easy task to become world record

numbers on a dyno dont really mean anything to me, all i care about is numbers at the track.
I like your values  :thumbs:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 07:03:47 AM by Kelu »
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline JoshMcMadMac

• Master Tech
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2015, 08:21:22 AM »
You might find something in here:
http://www.kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php/topic,8988.0.html

I will reiterate, though...you have the easy part done. Instead of being an internet warrior, go out and do it.

Offline phillyphan08

• Tech
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2015, 01:00:33 PM »
You might find something in here:
http://www.kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php/topic,8988.0.html

I will reiterate, though...you have the easy part done. Instead of being an internet warrior, go out and do it.

I've been trying to see what it can do on stock turbo before i put the other stuff on, i can only go on wednesdays and it rains virtually everyday here in fl

Offline phillyphan08

• Tech
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2015, 01:01:33 PM »
Nice to see you again, sir. Miss you guys, second year in a row without seeing you  :(
Gypsy Grizzly, whatta ... is that?
Of course GM wants to be safe and give more of an indication than a rule.
In the same time I can say that Kappa crowd is more mature, depends where and how you are looking. You can find plenty info and more unbiased and not as much showing off as you would get from an younger crowd.
 Well, that comes down to dyno numbers again, depends what whp means, I generally try to read stock reading on that dyno of that car, that would be an indicator for me for high or low numbers but in the end dyno is just a tool. I would say pure 450whp you can't achieve it with a stock engine and stock fueling system not even with C16. Good luck proving it otherwise.
I can tell you one guy, Manni, he is on this forum but doesn't visit the forum, you can find him @MIR with his Neon and his stock Kappa. Search forum and you will find some of his timeslips from the past. He is running 12.6s with just GMPP tune and MT street radials, IIRC his 60' is 1.6x.
Mine 60' are crappy because we don't have strips, my best was 1.89s with Toyo R888 in the back., 1.92 with factory tires and this from US 2nd run, 1.92s street tires and clutch slipping:

As far as I know the best Kappa with ECOTEC is 11.9s so you have an easy task to become world record
I like your values  :thumbs:

whats MIR? and what do i search for what is his username?

the m/t is a little better tire than mine idk how he cut a 1.6 60' than only ran 12.6? had to have a 2step cause i was literally launching the car at redline
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 01:09:45 PM by phillyphan08 »

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2015, 01:15:17 PM »
I think Manni goes by the forum name speedracer or something along those lines.  His car is an auto if I remember correctly.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Wartie

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2015, 02:34:11 PM »
I think Manni goes by the forum name speedracer or something along those lines.  His car is an auto if I remember correctly.

Correct on both statements.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2015, 03:40:18 PM »

And therefor faster in the 1/4 :)

Make the right choices now

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
who has the fastest 1/4 mile kappa with an ecotec?
« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2015, 03:41:46 PM »

whats MIR? and what do i search for what is his username?

the m/t is a little better tire than mine idk how he cut a 1.6 60' than only ran 12.6? had to have a 2step cause i was literally launching the car at redline

The GMPP tune runs out of umph at higher RPM and doesn't translate to the same acceleration rate further down the track.
Make the right choices now

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2015, 04:43:14 PM »
MIR - Maryland International Raceway
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2015, 05:44:33 PM »
All he has to do is go to the original GM add for the GMPP and the graph they showed making 340 TQ at 2500 RPM's.
Also you may want to contact Dave at Werks or Dave at DDM and asked them for some of their graphs.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2015, 05:45:27 PM »
Or learn how to use google
:D

Offline phillyphan08

• Tech
« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2015, 06:03:36 PM »
All he has to do is go to the original GM add for the GMPP and the graph they showed making 340 TQ at 2500 RPM's.
Also you may want to contact Dave at Werks or Dave at DDM and asked them for some of their graphs.

i have googled them and all i see @ 2500 rpm is less than 200 tq for more horsepower i even listed a dyno. Like i said you guys talk about things all the time and show no proof

Offline phillyphan08

• Tech
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2015, 06:17:51 PM »
And therefor faster in the 1/4 :)

actually these autos arent too great if it was a built th400 or a new age one where it shifts instantly yea. I was comparing my slips his and he had better 60'  1.72-1.79 (his), 1.79-1.83(mine) he also has better tires and more mph than me by 2-4 mph yet our ET's are the same which means my shifting/gear ratios are better. His fastest i saw was 12.8xx and his best 60' was 1.72, did't see 1.6 or 12.6. The only advantage the auto has is that they can brake boost off the line im hooking up a 2step so i should be able to cut a better 60'.

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2015, 09:34:26 PM »
Where are your time slips?
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Jim

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2015, 10:46:40 PM »
actually these autos arent too great if it was a built th400 or a new age one where it shifts instantly yea. I was comparing my slips his and he had better 60'  1.72-1.79 (his), 1.79-1.83(mine) he also has better tires and more mph than me by 2-4 mph yet our ET's are the same which means my shifting/gear ratios are better. His fastest i saw was 12.8xx and his best 60' was 1.72, did't see 1.6 or 12.6. The only advantage the auto has is that they can brake boost off the line im hooking up a 2step so i should be able to cut a better 60'.

HP Tuners newest Beta version has transmission tuning capabilities which I've used to tune my auto with and the shift times are easily improved over stock settings.
The road to success is always under construction.

Offline phillyphan08

• Tech
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2015, 12:37:32 AM »
Where are your time slips?

like i said a billion times before idk how to upload an image here, i posted my video for my 1.79 60' but missed 4th and ran 13.4 @ like 95

Offline phillyphan08

• Tech
« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2015, 12:41:12 AM »
http://postimg.org/image/u7aw6r79x/

couldnt figure out how to direcly upload an image so heres a link only 1 i have on my phone atm

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2015, 05:57:12 AM »
He is only GMPP which means 290bhp only, already told you, he cuts 1.6s 60' because of his skills, car and track. No 2step on his car last time when I was with him at strip. He is just under powered compared with you, that would explain better 60' and worse et.

Correct on both statements.
Correct of both statements of SA and Critter, the only one which I doubt is GJ's but who isn't  :D

Like i said you guys talk about things all the time and show no proof
And you sound like just another ET internet warrior ... go out and become Kappa Ecotec engine world record ...

PS: you didn't asked yourself why ZZP having such good results with LNF at the stip and most important owning a Kappa not showing anything?

Internet race math ... awesome :) .. don't forget, he doesn't post his best achievements, that's why I said you can talk to him @MIR ...

« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 06:00:21 AM by Kelu »
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2015, 11:07:30 AM »
I remember Manni showing Kelu and I his time slips at that Mod Meet, Kelu is right about the times Manni was getting.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2015, 11:24:25 AM »
http://postimg.org/image/u7aw6r79x/

couldnt figure out how to direcly upload an image so heres a link only 1 i have on my phone atm

Hmm guess you aren't as all knowing as you make yourself out to be. 

And with all your bravado, that's the best timeslip you have?

Color me unimpressed. 

Not to mention, there are at least 10 people who have been at the track with Mani and seen his times. 
He doesn't post up because his actions and results speak for themselves.

Offline wspohn

• Master Tech
« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2015, 11:56:25 AM »

i have googled them and all i see @ 2500 rpm is less than 200 tq for more horsepower i even listed a dyno. Like i said you guys talk about things all the time and show no proof

The Cobalt GMPP was limited more than the Kappa, which gave 290/340.
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe
1958 MGA Twincam (race car)
1962 MGA Deluxe Coupe
1957 Jamaican bodied MGA
1971 Jensen Interceptor
2007 BMW Z4M coupe
Recently sold:
1969 MGC roadster,
1965 Jensen CV8,
1969 Lamborghini Islero S
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT
Bill in BC

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2015, 12:16:00 PM »
Boom goes the Dynamite

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2015, 01:15:22 PM »
That first graph is for a stock LNF without the GMPP tune, so even a base car is making 260 lb-ft at 2500 RPM.

In fact at 1500RPM it looks like its making close to 250
2007 Aggressive GXP