Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: LNF turbo build on an LE5  (Read 20982 times)

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
Re: LNF turbo build on an LE5
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2015, 08:40:56 PM »
The only thing that had me a little confused was the whistle.   I almost wonder if you have an air leak somewhere.

Offline Robotech

• Master Tech
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2015, 04:15:02 AM »
Hmmm...question is where? Hot side? Cold side?

It only whistles off throttle. It isn't loud but it sounds like a turbo diesel truck just quieter. It's real quiet.

I checked all the connections on the hot pipe and all is well. The sound is definitely coming from the turbo area...but could be intake or exhaust. May have to have someone else rev it while I listen.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 04:57:10 AM by Robotech »

Offline BrooklynBoy

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2020, 09:44:40 PM »
Well, I just finished my turbo install on my Solstice (using a RPM-Motorsport K04 turbo) and I actually have the same whistle...

I did own a GXP and don’t remember a whistle... but It was stock and had the stock intake so I doubt I would have heard it...

But if you do find something is wrong, please let me know...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2020, 01:38:15 PM »
Well, I just finished my turbo install on my Solstice (using a RPM-Motorsport K04 turbo) and I actually have the same whistle...

I did own a GXP and don’t remember a whistle... but It was stock and had the stock intake so I doubt I would have heard it...

But if you do find something is wrong, please let me know...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like the BPV is leaking or barely cracking open, maybe try disable the BPV and see?
2006 Solstice #1458, Twincharged LE5/LEA, 5757+M62, Werks exh manifold, Tial bpv/wg, Cams, dual meth, 40 PSI, Kappadapt clutch hose/flywheel bolts/trans mount, Aisin AR5, Stage 5 clutch
Turbo-only power 444whp/422wtrq

2013 Cruze Missile, tuned, 42 lb, ZZP SRI/FMIC/DP/MP/CB, Kappadapt trans mount

Support Kappaperformance.com!!  Note: a couple huge corporations own and control several hundred of the top automotive enthusiast forums subsequently profiteering from these communities on the backs of volunteer moderators.