Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Looking for thrashed conv top  (Read 1796 times)

Offline cdflint

• Master Tech
Looking for thrashed conv top
« on: August 16, 2015, 12:18:07 PM »

I am looking to find a convertible top that the cloth is damaged and has been sitting around someones garage never to be used again. I've emailed ebay salvage yards, checked local salvage yards and most are in condition where they want too much.

Mostly I'm wanting the front latch assembly, front molding, moldings around the side windows, rear glass section (cloth can be torn but window intact). The frame is a plus just so I can work out the mechanics for my build. I don't care about the color.

It is an ambitious project and I'm looking to get all that I can inexpensively to make it. This is a long term project so I'm in no hurry. Any help is appreciated.
She's an 09 Brazen GXP.

Covered by Norms Fiberglass, DDM, WERKS, KappaSphere, Trifecta performance, Dejon performance, Solo performance, Magnaflow, Hahn, VDI, B&G, ASAP, WindRestrictor, Gravana, JPM, Santana, Madmod, HID pro, Second Skin Audio, mydipkit, Automotivetouchup.com and Smoothline.

To be or not to be hard, that is the question. I prefer my top off and still hard when I need it.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
Re: Looking for thrashed conv top
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 11:49:42 PM »
Get in touch with iHawk
Make the right choices now

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 11:05:53 AM »
I think Ihawk is just replacing the canvas not the frame and all.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 11:49:58 AM »
Correct.  I have canvas only and my window is definitely not intact.  Still waiting on install.  If Coop can't do it in the next 2 weekends, I'll cough up the $650 and have a local guy do it.  The car needs to be roadtrip worthing by the middle of Sept.

Offline cdflint

• Master Tech
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 09:24:07 PM »
No worries, thanks.
She's an 09 Brazen GXP.

Covered by Norms Fiberglass, DDM, WERKS, KappaSphere, Trifecta performance, Dejon performance, Solo performance, Magnaflow, Hahn, VDI, B&G, ASAP, WindRestrictor, Gravana, JPM, Santana, Madmod, HID pro, Second Skin Audio, mydipkit, Automotivetouchup.com and Smoothline.

To be or not to be hard, that is the question. I prefer my top off and still hard when I need it.

Offline Sting Ya

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 09:28:35 AM »
There is a guy on the big board Hoosier GXP selling a couple of black tops that appear to be in great condition for what it's worth I purchased some parts from him and he was quick with the shipping and the parts where as described .

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 11:17:18 AM »
HoosierGXP does have a couple of tops.  He's needs a part off my canvas for one of his tops.

He's good people.  He might have some damaged tops that you would be interested in.  He checks in on here also if you'd like to contact him.

Offline Helios

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Play Hard; Drive Harder!
"Gwyneth"
V8 swap in progress
RPi GT/ SOLO Exhaust

Offline cdflint

• Master Tech
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 08:43:08 PM »
I will give him a try.
She's an 09 Brazen GXP.