Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: The cdflint hardtop project  (Read 7733 times)

Offline cdflint

• Master Tech
Re: The cdflint hardtop project
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2015, 11:06:22 PM »
AWESOME!!!  :yay: 

You need to do a trailer thread. I'd like to see that.
She's an 09 Brazen GXP.

Covered by Norms Fiberglass, DDM, WERKS, KappaSphere, Trifecta performance, Dejon performance, Solo performance, Magnaflow, Hahn, VDI, B&G, ASAP, WindRestrictor, Gravana, JPM, Santana, Madmod, HID pro, Second Skin Audio, mydipkit, Automotivetouchup.com and Smoothline.

To be or not to be hard, that is the question. I prefer my top off and still hard when I need it.

Offline MattM

• Master Tech
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2017, 12:49:02 PM »
Just wanted to bring this back from the dead and see if anything new has happened!  This was a great project and idea!

Offline cdflint

• Master Tech
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2017, 08:25:52 AM »
Unfortunately not. While my hope was to create something that would fold in, the realism set in that the trunk needs more space (or reconfiguration). I reconsidered using it as a hard top with longer fins or try to create a targa like the Mazda rf but the expense to do it would take a away from my family stuff. That and finding a local person that does this kind of fiberglass work, not so easy.

I would buy a hardtop if it were more the rf type making it permanent in the rear, reshape the trunk to allow it to open but have a targa top for open sky ability. I'm sure Sky Bob will say Norm can do it for a big check, but development would be a BIG check I couldn't get justified at home. For now the top I have sits in the garage. I love the idea still but lack the time, money and engineering experience to make it happen now.

Norm, what would it take?
She's an 09 Brazen GXP.

Covered by Norms Fiberglass, DDM, WERKS, KappaSphere, Trifecta performance, Dejon performance, Solo performance, Magnaflow, Hahn, VDI, B&G, ASAP, WindRestrictor, Gravana, JPM, Santana, Madmod, HID pro, Second Skin Audio, mydipkit, Automotivetouchup.com and Smoothline.

To be or not to be hard, that is the question. I prefer my top off and still hard when I need it.

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2017, 11:38:12 AM »
I think one of the better ideas I've seen is that widebody green tuner car that was built several years ago, where a hardtop was bonded onto the decklid.  However I would think the hinges might have to be reinforced along w/the tension rods.  I'm unable to post a pic of it but did locate it online.

Not a great shot, but it does show how a hardtop has been molded onto the decklid and is standing straight up around th 1;38 mark.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 06:10:42 PM by ChopTop »

Offline MattM

• Master Tech
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2017, 01:07:35 PM »
Did you guys ever see this thread? 

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f109/new-smooth-line-hardtop-prototype-47910/

I talked to the owner and he said that the prototype is completed, but they never offered them bc there wasn't much interest.  If enough people contacted them...they would consider selling them!

Offline MattM

• Master Tech
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2017, 12:04:02 PM »
What do you guys think about the thread I posted?  Still any interest?  Cdflint, it would seem to do exactly what you wanted.