Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: F\S 2007 GXP Many Upgrades Lot of Power  (Read 5376 times)

Offline Hoosier GXP

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • Hoosier GXP
F\S 2007 GXP Many Upgrades Lot of Power
« on: August 27, 2015, 08:33:07 PM »
This is a clean title,2007 Solstice GXP with 45,560 miles. Black exterior with custom upgrades. Interior upgrades include what looks to be JPM door panel, shifter boot, with custom shift knob, and center console. Interior is clean and doesn’t show a lot of ware.
It has a turbocharged 2.0 Ecotec engine with a 5 speed manual transmission. This car has many upgrades including a Spec Clutch, Big Wheel Turbo Upgrade, Wilwood 6 Caliper Front Brakes and rear grooved and slotted rotors. It also has a GMPP tune, Performance Auto Werks Intercooler and Pipes, Fujita CAI, Solo Performance race exhaust, Kappasphere rear brace, and Eibach lowering springs.

Exterior is Black with Chrome wheels and Goodyear Eagles. There are non functional scoops on the hood and the windshield surround has been painted black.

Asking $11,900

This car runs and drives fine and obviously has some serious power. Overall condition is good.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 07:47:48 PM by Hoosier GXP »

Offline wspohn

• Master Tech
Re: F\S 2007 GXP Many Upgrades Lot of Power
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 10:39:28 AM »
Either you are mistaken and you are not running on the GMPP tune with the big wheel turbo, or you've been very lucky. I got huge amounts of knock with that tune on that turbo - a different custom tune is required to make it run safely.
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe
1958 MGA Twincam (race car)
1962 MGA Deluxe Coupe
1957 Jamaican bodied MGA
1971 Jensen Interceptor
2007 BMW Z4M coupe
Recently sold:
1969 MGC roadster,
1965 Jensen CV8,
1969 Lamborghini Islero S
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT
Bill in BC

Offline Hoosier GXP

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • Hoosier GXP
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 03:43:03 PM »
Either you are mistaken and you are not running on the GMPP tune with the big wheel turbo, or you've been very lucky. I got huge amounts of knock with that tune on that turbo - a different custom tune is required to make it run safely.

I will ask the previous owner I just assumed it was the GMPP because of the sensors. Thanks for pointing it out.

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 03:51:08 PM »
If the Big wheel turbo is front WERKS then the tune is theirs.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline wspohn

• Master Tech
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 03:54:14 PM »
If the Big wheel turbo is front WERKS then the tune is theirs.

No, that doesn't necessarily follow.

My turbo is from Werks and my tune is from Trifecta.
1962 MGA Deluxe Coupe
1957 Jamaican bodied MGA
1971 Jensen Interceptor
2007 BMW Z4M coupe
Recently sold:
1969 MGC roadster,
1965 Jensen CV8,
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT
Bill in BC

Offline Hoosier GXP

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • Hoosier GXP
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 07:05:14 PM »
The turbo upgrade was from Turbokit.com at the tune of nearly $1,100, I have the paper work for this upgrade from the owner along with the Wilwood brakes. He also added that the Solo exhaust was on the car when he bought it. The previous owner says that the GMPP tune was in the car when he purchased it in 2011. He did all of the other upgrades to the vehicle shortly after that purchase (big wheel and brakes). He states he had no problem with the upgrades once installed and I can verify that the car has no misfire or knock codes per my Tech2 scan. It will produce 19lbs of boost in the DIC and he says with a catless down pipe it was doing 24lbs. I am not "schooled" enough on the many upgrades that you can do to these vehicle to disagree with anyone's opinion, all I can tell you is the car runs great and has no issues with any of the upgrades. It is fair to say that the first owner could have installed the upgraded sensors and then had a custom tune done, but at this point I, nor the last owner, can verify that.

Offline wspohn

• Master Tech
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 07:21:49 PM »
Might want to check the turbo if you ever have it out of the car.  The Werks big wheel uses a 46.5 mm impeller and with the trifecta tune shows 25-26 psi on the DIC. 

I expect that you have a lower state of tune and maybe turbo so it may well run alright with the GMPP tune.  If it is working, leave it alone.  The 19 psi is typical for a GMPP tuned car.  Unfortunately I think Turbo.com went out of business, so you can't ask them.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 07:32:44 PM by wspohn »
1962 MGA Deluxe Coupe
1957 Jamaican bodied MGA
1971 Jensen Interceptor
2007 BMW Z4M coupe
Recently sold:
1969 MGC roadster,
1965 Jensen CV8,
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT
Bill in BC

Offline Hoosier GXP

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • Hoosier GXP
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 08:14:24 PM »

From the invoice from the website of  turbokits.com that he gave me here is what I think he bought. The price on the invoice was $1,100 and he later got credit for the $500 core once he returned his old parts.

http://www.turbokits.com/Pontiac/Solstice_GXP/Turbo_Upgrades/PTE_2.0T_Big_Wheel_Turbo_Upgrade/666/
[/quote]

Offline Hoosier GXP

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • Hoosier GXP
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 08:53:22 PM »
It is just a thought, but if after buying and installing all of the listed upgrades to this car that the previous owner did and he never changed the tune, (this I know to be true as I asked if he had) than it stands to reason that one could spend a few bucks on a good tune and get a really powerful setup, with the intercooler upgrade the big wheel turbo, the pipes and CAI plus the Wilwoods to stop you.

Offline Hoosier GXP

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • Hoosier GXP
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2015, 03:09:22 PM »
I need the room so this one has to go.  Price reduced to $10,900 or a reasonable offer.

Offline Hoosier GXP

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • Hoosier GXP
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2015, 10:26:50 PM »
This is a good deal on a nice car ..........still looking for a buyer.....make me an offer.........I am in the mood to deal :)

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2015, 10:11:10 PM »
$6350?
(My tax return amount?)
Make the right choices now

Offline Hoosier GXP

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • Hoosier GXP
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2015, 10:07:15 AM »
$6350?
(My tax return amount?)

I wish you had payed just a little more in taxes and that return would have been a couple of thousand more.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
F\S 2007 GXP Many Upgrades Lot of Power
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2015, 10:45:02 AM »

I wish you had payed just a little more in taxes and that return would have been a couple of thousand more.

I wish I was more creative in finding write offs...  I actually paid no taxes during the year because I made no real money and was given everything, but due to loopholes, I am able to file returns that pay me back taxes I never paid in the first place.
This is a great country!!!!!!

I just bought a bottle of Jack, so my offer has to drop down to $6288.45.
Make the right choices now

Offline Hoosier GXP

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • Hoosier GXP
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2015, 08:03:22 PM »
I wish I was more creative in finding write offs...  I actually paid no taxes during the year because I made no real money and was given everything, but due to loopholes, I am able to file returns that pay me back taxes I never paid in the first place.
This is a great country!!!!!!

I just bought a bottle of Jack, so my offer has to drop down to $6288.45.

With all that being said I think you just need to be a little more creative with your tax filing. When can I expect you to send me my asking price.

Offline cooper1340s

• Tech
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2016, 09:51:09 AM »
Did this car get sold?
06 SLY, Sand&Steel, Formerly DDM Stage III Intercooled/Supercharged: NOW LS3/480 V8, Tremec 6 speed, 3.23 positraction Getrag differential, custom stainless steel true dual exhaust system w/high flow cats, carbon fiber rear valance, red powder coated calipers, DDMWorks Stage 1 brake upgrade, extra horn, garage door opener, customized fuse box cover, Red anodized engine covers, DDMWorks console, Lambo doors, clear bra, DDMWorks red racing backbone, car is de-badged.