Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: 2009 Solstice Coupe Sold  (Read 2640 times)

Offline critter

• Master Tech
  • Married, 4 grandkids
2009 Solstice Coupe Sold
« on: September 18, 2015, 02:06:41 PM »
FYI...I was watching the Dallas Mecum Auction for a bit Wednesday night I watched while a 2009 Solstice Coupe (white) was sold for $30,000. Announcers made some nice comments about the car (left out its sibling entirely). I did not catch the miles but a nice price all in all. If that's the auction price I assume that retail for that car would be higher. They did say that 2009s were the ones to grab because they would be the ones to appreciate just due to lower production numbers and the end of the run. I have an 2009 Redline and if anyone thinks it's going into a garage under cover while I find out they are mistaken. It is too much fun and I do rag on it whenever the opportunity arises. Thought I would throw out there for info..maybe someone else saw it who can throw some more on this.
I always wanted to be somebody when I grew up - I realize now that I should have been more specific!!

Offline DaveOC

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
  • Running Wisconsin
Re: 2009 Solstice Coupe Sold
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 03:27:57 PM »
Yes, it was gavelled at $30K. Mileage was 16,800, and it had the soft top included.  https://mecum.com/lot-detail/DA0915-222574/0/2009-Pontiac-Solstice-GXP/Automatic/

Buyer pays the $30K plus $2400 (8% buyer's premium) plus $2673 (Dallas, TX local and state sales tax) for a total of $35,073.   Seller receives $27,600 less $2400 (8% seller's commission).

Mecum makes $4800 less expenses of sale.

Aggressive #000741

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 03:45:19 PM »
Contrast that with the one NA in California going for less than $15,000.00 and the mileage was not to high. 
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline DaveOC

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
  • Running Wisconsin
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 03:58:55 PM »
Contrast that with the one NA in California going for less than $15,000.00 and the mileage was not to high. 

It is a very unsettled market currently.  There is a bunch of coupe owners that truly believe that their coupes are appreciating in value, while there is another group that are a bit more realistic who understand depreciation . . .   :thumbs:
Aggressive #000741

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 12:11:12 AM »

Got a link?
Make the right choices now

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 01:25:45 PM »
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 02:50:45 PM by DeepBlueGXP »

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 03:37:28 PM »
That link doesn't point to the deep end.

Is this post now off topic?
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Sting Ya

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 08:41:02 PM »
I follow these auctions regularly and have been to a few my guess is that someone wanted this car and was willing to pay the price especially when you add in all the fees . . I have seen time and time again cars go for stupid money because people get into a bidding war and  the reality of what a car is really worth get's thrown out the window .  Mecham sold a big block Barracuda that someone bought last year at one of their auctions for 130 grand and offered it up it a another Mecham auction a couple of months ago top bid was 75 grand talk about taking a beating .There will have to be a run of Kappas before anyone can get an idea of what these cars will bring at auction one car won't do it .