Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: FS: Pontiac Solstice Folio #898  (Read 797 times)

Offline abie915

• Apprentice/Gofer
FS: Pontiac Solstice Folio #898
« on: October 25, 2015, 06:27:39 PM »
For sale is my Pontiac Solstice folio. I no longer own a Solstice, so have decided to pass this on to someone else who might appreciate them. I'd like to get $500 shipped for the prints. They are very high quality and don't come up for sale very often. You can view the complete set over here: Solstice folio1 - Album on Imgur

Please feel free to call/text me at 352-871-1598, or email me at abhijit@ksu.edu if interested. Thank you!

Here is the description from the auction that I won:

"For sale is a very rare Pontiac Solstice Folio. As you can see from the markings, it is #898 of 1000 made. These were originally produced by GM for the first 1000 Solstice and were intended to be included with them upon purchase. Unfortunately, the books never made it out in time and were later given out by GM during Solstice gatherings and events. I received this book on a factory tour in 2008 of the Wilmington plant where the Solstice and the Sky were produced. There is an included lamination marking the "Mecca" event which illustrates a schematic of the new Solstice Coupe hardtop assembly that had just been released.

This folio is truly a must have for any Solstice owner and/or collector. The folio itself comes in a hand numbered cardboard box. The outer cardboard box has slight water damage on the bottom (as can be seen in the pictures) but it does not carry through to the folio itself. The actual folio was originally wrapped in plastic. I removed the plastic to view the photos (as any real car guy would). The photos are an excellent collection of production, conception, and stylized shots representing the various characteristics of the Solstice. Each photo is titled in pencil and dated. Each also has an embossing of the Pontiac Solstice Archives stamp dated 2006. The photos themselves are housed in a red soft-touch hinged box with a silver marker ribbon and the production number stamped on the underside of the lid. The front of the box has "SOLSTICE" in silver while the back of the box is embossed with the Pontiac logo.

The entire package comes within a GM Experience blue canvas tote with matching key chain. The key chain has a place in the back for what I can only guess is where the original purchaser's name would be, however it is empty."