Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Lane Change Signal/"KomfortBlinker" Mod kit ready to do it, if there's interest  (Read 18826 times)

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
And if your coming
We now have something to do
:lol:

It would be fun seeing you again Bobwhy

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
HI There stranger  I might want to take my  VDI Lambo hinges off and sell them.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 05:12:01 PM by 1LILNDN »
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
We can definitely help with that.

See, now we have a mod, that needs a Meet.

Make it happen TS!!!

:D

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
Bobbywhy do you still have all the standard hinge parts?
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
Bobbywhy do you still have all the standard hinge parts?
I have everything that came off still in the original VDI box .
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline ryansalazan

• Master Tech
I have everything that came off still in the original VDI box .
how much would you let them go for?

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
I would certainly go to a MM, I miss doing that with Chris. Not much to do on the car other than maybe install a blinker mod but it's always great to see everyone.   :thumbs:
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
Remember too Mark that you might want people to send the money as a gift so you don't incur the PayPal fees.

Oh and although I emailed you the info to start the order process, if the MM think does happen you don't have to mail mine as I'll install it at the MM.   :urock:

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
UPDATE: I sent out Paypal instructions to all those who emailed me on the Kappablinker email. Cut-off date for order/payments is Friday.

In case I missed anyone, please email me again if you didn't get the Paypal instructions (or if you're just late to the party).
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
do you have pictures of the setup and where the board is installed

OK, I found this form my radar alarm post.  You'll be able to mount this like I mounted the "relay box" in this photo (or anywhere down that side, actually):

"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline 2kwk4u

• not really THAT quick
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
    • '06 Solstice bits and pieces photo gallery
Question:  Does the micro-controller send multiple discreet pulses to each signal wire, or one timed cycle?  In other words, does it mimic me holding the turn signal for a couple of seconds, or does it mimic me bumping the turn signal lever a few times?

I ask because I'm tied into those wires already to turn off my wind restrictor when I signal right and turn off some LED lighting behind the convertible top flap on the driver's side when I signal left.  If it's discreet pulses, I think my wind restrictor is going to wind up flashing out of phase with the turn signal.  That would be silly.

I still want a kit either way... just curious.

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Just a single timed pulse - basically it 'holds' the turn signal switch down for you for ~3.5 secs by default (or whatever you program it to do, if you want longer or shorter).  If you manually move the turn lever to the other side turn within the timer period, it cancels the hold.

Timer change steps summary:

;* Configuration mode:
;* ---------------------------------
;* 1. Hold down the LEFT turn signal and then switch 
;* ignition on.
;* 2. Within ~2 seconds after turning off the Left turn,
;* flash the RIGHT turn signal (as confirmation) and
;* release.
;* 3. Within ~4 seconds, hold down the LEFT turn signal for
;* the amount of time you want the turn signal to flash
;* and then release.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 08:59:08 AM by TomatoSoup »

Offline 2kwk4u

• not really THAT quick
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Very slick!  Can't wait to get the bits and put mine together :)

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
OK, orders are closed.  I had 23 folks respond with their orders and it's on to getting in the parts now.

I've emailed this to the responders, but for information's sake for the rest of you... I happened to look into getting prototype boards made, rather than etching and drilling them all myself.  Turns out it was more reasonable than I thought, if getting it done offshore. It would still cost me about 3-4 times as much per board (dollar cost) but save me a whole host of time masking/etching/cutting and drilling! I had to learn a PCB layout program and re-design the board/layout and also, it may take longer to be done and shipped.  But the upsides are the boards would be more professional.  They'll be 2-layer boards, pre-drilled with plated-through holes, as well as being silk screened and masked.  Especially nice for those two who ordered the kit form!

Once I get everything in and an initial board built and tested, I'll post photos.

Offline 2kwk4u

• not really THAT quick
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
OK, orders are closed.  I had 23 folks respond with their orders and it's on to getting in the parts now.

I've emailed this to the responders, but for information's sake for the rest of you... I happened to look into getting prototype boards made, rather than etching and drilling them all myself.  Turns out it was more reasonable than I thought, if getting it done offshore. It would still cost me about 3-4 times as much per board (dollar cost) but save me a whole host of time masking/etching/cutting and drilling! I had to learn a PCB layout program and re-design the board/layout and also, it may take longer to be done and shipped.  But the upsides are the boards would be more professional.  They'll be 2-layer boards, pre-drilled with plated-through holes, as well as being silk screened and masked.  Especially nice for those two who ordered the kit form!

Once I get everything in and an initial board built and tested, I'll post photos.

Sounds good.  I'm a patient man :)  So long as this doesn't go the way of recessed grills  :worms:

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
I'm sure this'll be awesome, all of Mark's projects are.

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Sounds good.  I'm a patient man :)  So long as this doesn't go the way of recessed grills  :worms:
Oh, man, you've wounded me!

Offline Critterman

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
Wait, you mean I can order one now?
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
ZOK suspension

JPM

Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Wait, you mean I can order one now?

I saved one for you.  Only $150!

Offline Critterman

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
That's the price we agreed on installed.  Opps ...  not supposed to mention that

DDM
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
ZOK suspension

JPM

Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Chew

• Premium Member
  • Tech
I'm not into this particular mod, but I'd be up for getting together and just lending a hand. Always up for learning something from the Kappa experts.
2007 Cool Liquid Silver GXP.

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Sorry for having been 'dark' for a while on this, but it's finally time for an Update!

I had had vendor problems with the wire I had ordered for the pigtails for this project.  They did not send the full length I paid for and needed, so I couldn't really proceed until I was sure I had enough.  Turns out they were in China (via Amazon), so after a week of emailing back and forth (12hours out of sync) and then more weeks of slow-boat shipping, I finally got the wire today! Meanwhile, I also ordered some logistical stuff I hadn't thought  about at first (anti-static envelopes, address labels, packing supplies, etc) and also a $40 specialized crimp tool(!) for the tiny pigtail pin connectors.  So now I'm ready to continue!

As I mentioned earlier, I decided to have the PCBs built instead of etching myself.  Really glad to have the experience from this, despite having to learn a layout program. I used "FreePcb"for the layouts - basic but does the job. Then I ordered the PCBs themselves from pcbgogo.com in China (or possibly Taiwan) and couldn't be happier with the result.  They came out perfectly, apart from my own mistake with the silkscreen on the bottom (doh! - but no biggy).  I also have some spare boards (I had to order a minimum quantity), so can do another short run of these for those who asked after I closed the initial parts order - stay tuned.

Also meanwhile, I sent a kit to 2kwk4u to test out my kit build instructions.  He gave me a lot of feedback on that, and then installed his built KappaBlinker kit and has confirmed it's working! Yay! (Thanks Scott!)

Also meanwhile (number 3), I've built and tested the first 10 boards - see the in-progress pic below with my "testbed" - and after crimping 40+ tiny pins tonight (agh), I should be ready to send those out tomorrow or the next day, when I can get to the Post Office.  I will be mailing in the order of who paid first, as follows, and have included all the kit folks (only 3) since I won't have to build them:
  • stuck (x2)
  • 1 LIL NDN
  • redragon
  • LeloSKYLANM
  • VinnieRL
  • reedred
  • CRiggleman
  • tf02 (kit)
  • bds
  • 08Bluesky
  • Jim
  • shabby (kit)
I'll be emailing the folks above directly, from the kappablinker email, and give the tracking info (not for Canada) and attach the installation instructions pdf.  Then it'll be on to finding time between real work and Christmas, to build the next batch.  Thanks to all who ordered, for your patience!

Offline Critterman

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
That looks very professional TS.  Good job

DDM
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
ZOK suspension

JPM

Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Jim

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Very nice indeed!
The road to success is always under construction.

Offline 2kwk4u

• not really THAT quick
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Very cool mod, TS!  I'm happy to have been your guinea pig.  I've reviewed the install instructions you sent today and provided some feedback there as well.  My offer still stands to assemble some of these for you, but my work isn't quite aesthetically pleasing as yours :)