Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Lane Change Signal/"KomfortBlinker" Mod kit ready to do it, if there's interest  (Read 18885 times)

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Yeah beautifully done Mark. Love the fact that the chip is on a socket
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline shabby

• Master Tech
The documentation is top notch, wasn't expecting something so well written especially the assembly guide. Can't wait to put it together.

Offline 2kwk4u

• not really THAT quick
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
    • '06 Solstice bits and pieces photo gallery
The documentation is top notch, wasn't expecting something so well written especially the assembly guide. Can't wait to put it together.

Right?  From a foreigner, no less!  :poke:

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
:P

(Thank you, Shabby!)
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
We need someone with a username of GrilledCheese
He could be TomatoSoup's sidekick
:lol:
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 11:11:08 AM by elff »

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!

True, but he knows English unlike the rest of us Yanks.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
The second batch of 10 boards has been built and dropped at USPS today!

This means the first order run is all but complete (2 boards left to build for folks that requested to wait 'til the new year).  Which also means that I will be go ahead and do an second and final run in January.  10 people have expressed interest and I have 12 PCBs left (excluding the 2 above), so anyone who hasn't contacted me should PM me now, because if you're too late, that's it!

This batch is going out to the following:
  • dirtyrob67
  • SkyPilot
  • Jeremiah
  • vcliment89
  • Helios
  • cdnite
  • skersfan (x2)
  • Pdayrph
  • kwtoxman
As before, I'll be emailing the folks above directly from the kappablinker email to give the tracking info.
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline bds

• Tech
Yeah beautifully done Mark. Love the fact that the chip is on a socket

Soup - I echo Sly Bob's remark! Beautifully done! I was stunned how small it is! Can't wait to get it installed!

Thank you!

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Second and Final round of orders
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2016, 04:57:55 PM »
I put the last two of the original order round in the mail today, to Marvic and SlyBob, so I'm ready to go ahead with a second and FINAL round of these to use up the additional PCBs, as I mentioned before.  So far I have 10 people who have expressed interest and I have ~12 PCBs left, so (again) anyone who hasn't contacted me should email me now, because if you're too late, that's it!

For those who have already responded for the second order, you should already have an email in your inbox, giving Paypal instructions.

For those who have missed this or not responded yet (and/or do not have an email from me), please EMAIL ME at Kappablinker -at- gmail dot com.  In the email, give me your forum name, real name and address, and tell me how many you would like (kit or assembled).

I will order parts on Saturday, so the closing time for payments will be Friday 9th January (2016).

Thank you all!

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
TS, is there a way to do the center brake light flash too (only) from the foot well area?  The device that was sold to be placed inline on the rear center light doesn't fair well in the coupe as water drains over that connection and caused Dee's part to fail.

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Yes, you should be able to - if you have a 'flasher' that works on the positive line, anyway.  (Problem is, the one I have interrupts the ground wire, not the positive wire.)  The wire to the third brake light comes from the BCM, pin 20 (Light Blue) in connector C1.  You could trace that and insert the flasher into that line in the footwell.

Otherwise, you'd have to extend the wires from the light and just remote the flasher somewhere in the trunk out of the elements.

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
OK, the second round of units went out in the mail today and that's all folks.  All the PCBs I had made have gone.  Done and dusted.

Now I'd love to get some more feedback from those that have installed and are using theirs!?

Offline 2kwk4u

• not really THAT quick
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
    • '06 Solstice bits and pieces photo gallery
OK, the second round of units went out in the mail today and that's all folks.  All the PCBs I had made have gone.  Done and dusted.

Now I'd love to get some more feedback from those that have installed and are using theirs!?

Working flawlessly.  Thanks again for offering these up.  Now, if I can convince you to make available as a kit your headlights, seat heater switches, boost gauge...

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
Mine isn't installed yet. The car is at a friend's place in storage for the winter. When I bring her home that's the first thing I have to do.

That, and install the Homelink transmitter I bought a while ago.

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
I've had mine in the car for two years and smile every time I use it. Now I love all the other mods on the car and you'll think I'm nuts but I have to say that this is my favorite. I changed the default flashes when I installed it to five times instead of three and that works well for me.
Love simple and practical things like this.

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Thanks, Bob!

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
If anyone is interested in these again, please see this new thread (on the Solstice forum) if you want one (or more) of these:
https://www.solsticeforum.com/threads/3rd-batch-of-kappablinker-boards-lane-change-signal-komfortblinker.164102/

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
I love this mod, got it the first time around and it still works like a champ. I switched it to 5 flashes after the install and it may well be the best mod that I've done to the car.

Should have been like that from the factory is a bit of a cliche but I feel it's entirely true in this case.

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
Good lucky with the project.  For some reason I never ordered one, but it is to late now as I dont have the car.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
You could get another Kappa and then install this mod on it.  Problem solved!
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Critterman

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
Or you could order it, fly out and get me.  Then fly me to your house to install it.  Then fly me back home.  Give you something to do for a weekend.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
ZOK suspension

JPM

Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
Well then GJ and others will want to attend so we would have to do that on a 3 day weekend.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Christmas time again.  It's good to know that some things never change, and the thread derailers are still out in force :lol:

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
What if we just had a mod meet at Tomatosoup's garage?  He's got a lot of cool mods.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Critterman

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
We keep trying to 'lure' him in but he won't bite.

DDM
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
ZOK suspension

JPM

Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia