Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: New Premium Halogen Bulbs  (Read 9935 times)

Offline Cheers

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Re: New Premium Halogen Bulbs
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2009, 11:57:50 AM »
I switched out my lights when I got the GXP with Sylvania Silverstar Headlamps.  Does anyone know how the Silverstars compare with the Putco?  The Silverstars made a big difference over the OEM.  They are much whiter. 

Have not seen them side by side but love my PUTCOs

Offline Frank I

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2009, 12:17:40 PM »
I switched out my lights when I got the GXP with Sylvania Silverstar Headlamps.  Does anyone know how the Silverstars compare with the Putco?  The Silverstars made a big difference over the OEM.  They are much whiter. 

PubliusE:

I installed the Silverstars about a year ago and yes they are much better than the stock bulbs.  I can not comment on the Putco but looking at the picture Cheers posted, I would believe they are brighter than the Silverstars, however, I can not state that as fact.  Cheers may want to chime in and answer your question.

Frank I
Frank I

Offline Frank I

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2009, 12:30:40 PM »
I'll talk you into it ...

Frank I

Didn't get out until tonight --  They are a bit wider, but a LOT whiter and farther reaching. I live in the COUNTRY -- with little light at all, but lots of the #1 killer deer. SO being able to see better at night is a big thing. I like the look too ;-)

Cheers:

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond.

I too live in the country and night vision is very important.  We have deer all over the place!!!!
I wonder if replacing the fog light bulbs with Putco would throw a wider beam in addition to brighter?

I sure wish there was a side adjustment on the head lights, I am getting plenty of bright light with my Silvania's but not having the ability to adjust from side to side is a handicap.  The left headlight is fine but the right (passanger side) headlight is projecting the beam a little too far left.  I may try and shim the housing to see if that may help?

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?  Thanks

Frank I
Frank I

Offline PubliusE

• Master Tech
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2009, 12:49:52 PM »
PubliusE:

I installed the Silverstars about a year ago and yes they are much better than the stock bulbs.  I can not comment on the Putco but looking at the picture Cheers posted, I would believe they are brighter than the Silverstars, however, I can not state that as fact.  Cheers may want to chime in and answer your question.

Frank I

Silvana claims they come in at 4000
all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2009, 01:46:22 PM »
I have silver stars on my truck, and putco's on the car.  When (if) I get my truck back from my daughter I will take a picture.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline PubliusE

• Master Tech
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2009, 02:09:56 PM »
I have silver stars on my truck, and putco's on the car.  When (if) I get my truck back from my daughter I will take a picture.
Also would be interesting to get your personal impression of the two. 
all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be